Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Activating Iberia Plus account in order to transfer BA Avios

Activating Iberia Plus account in order to transfer BA Avios

Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Post this IB promo on FaceBook and earn 15 IB:

http://www.tiraelguantedeiberiaplus.com/
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:29 pm

I show 1000 miles now transferred to Iberia, but when I go to BA.com, in 'Manage My Account', I don't see the 'Combine My Avios' on there, as per this blog - http://thepointsguy.com/2012/06/save...ios-to-iberia/

What am I missing??? HELP!

(and yes, I've had the Iberia account open for well over 3 months, same with the BA account, but I just now have miles on Iberia, and have never flown it. BA said that I had to FLY Iberia to be able to do that, but it seems others have had success with simply transferring or adding miles to the Iberia account, then combining them. I'm afraid I'll miss my seats on the flight we need because of this mess)
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Login to your BA account, then click this link:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

Otherwise try doing it from the Iberia end.
You can both push them and pull them.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 7:42 pm

has anyone been able to transfer avios from BA to Iberia in less than 3 months?
do they remove the 3 month hold if you call and ask for a waiver?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:32 pm

I am having problems on both ends (push/pull either BA or IB) trying to combine. I have IB 13,000 and both accounts have been opened for 3 months. I do not have any in BA. Is that the problem

It only gives me the option to go BA to IB.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
If the BA account is in a household account, you can do BA to IB only. To go around this you must dissolve the HHA or open an Avios.com account and transfer via it (UK address only).
Also, you must have some activity in the BA account too, otherwise the avios may expire after transfer.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
BAEC US member, have household account, transferring impossible??

Originally Posted by David-A
It officially requires a UK address, yes. That is because it is a mass-market shopping scheme in the UK, with primarily UK only based partners.

Keep in mind you only need the Avios.com go-between if your BAEC account is in a BA Household account grouping. If just an individual BA Exec Club account on its own then IB+ account <> BAEC account direct transfers are fine.
I just got locked out of my BAEC account for trying to transfer Avios to my IBERIA plus account, which has been open for over 90 days, and just successfully received 1,000 Amex Membership Rewards Points. BTW BA Agents are completely clueless about the need to have some activity in IB+ and kept repeating that the account registration has to be exactly the same.

After reading this, I realize that I have a Household Account at BAEC. Does this mean there is no way to transfer?

I need to book a IB (actually Iberia Express) flight with 4 seats left ...and BA wants 50 Euros more for exactly the same redemption.

BTW, my inlaws live in the UK, can I provide their address for Avios.com, or will that fail because my [US] address for BAEC won't match?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rj123456
I just got locked out of my BAEC account for trying to transfer Avios to my IBERIA plus account, which has been open for over 90 days, and just successfully received 1,000 Amex Membership Rewards Points. BTW BA Agents are completely clueless about the need to have some activity in IB+ and kept repeating that the account registration has to be exactly the same.

After reading this, I realize that I have a Household Account at BAEC. Does this mean there is no way to transfer?

I need to book a IB (actually Iberia Express) flight with 4 seats left ...and BA wants 50 Euros more for exactly the same redemption.

BTW, my inlaws live in the UK, can I provide their address for Avios.com, or will that fail because my [US] address for BAEC won't match?
Postal address doesn't need to match, so you can use your inlaws' address. If you use the exact same name and email address for your new Avios account you should be fine. (I transferred from my UK Avios to my Spain IB+ just the other day...)

BA --> Avios.com --> Iberia usually works fine, even for HHAs...
Old Sep 17, 2013, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC, Amex Plat, CX MP Gold
pdrocha has anyone been able to transfer avios from BA to Iberia in less than 3 months?
do they remove the 3 month hold if you call and ask for a waiver?

I've just tried it with a 78 day old account and been thwarted so probably not!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Thanks so much to the posters, I didn't know it was such a hassle with HHA's
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by David-A
Login to your BA account, then click this link:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

Otherwise try doing it from the Iberia end.
You can both push them and pull them.
This may be dumb, but how do you actually connect the two accounts? I just get stuck in a loop on that page. Or do they know which accounts I have automatically? Also probably doesn't help that I forgot my Iberia #, and apparently they never sent an e-mail with it.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone have a real-world timeframe on transfers from AMEX to IB? I've just transferred 1K MR (US AMEX) to my IB account ... wish I'd realized in the past year of having an IB account that I needed to have 1+ point to activate it.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by amolkold
Anyone have a real-world timeframe on transfers from AMEX to IB? I've just transferred 1K MR (US AMEX) to my IB account ... wish I'd realized in the past year of having an IB account that I needed to have 1+ point to activate it.

it took 3 days for me. (GER AMEX) first transfer.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 2:57 pm

It took about two days for my 1,000 MR to post to my IB+ account. Then it took me a while for the BA site to show the correct page to transfer the Avios to IB+. The transfer was instant. Booked two Business tickets from BOS-MAD for 80,000 Avios plus $ 231. A lot better than going through BA.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
can someone help me out...

I log into BA.com then click on COMBINE MY AVIOS

I get to this screen

then click on COMBINE MY AVIOS

and it loads a frame within itself that loops back to the login screen "Welcome to your Executive Club,"

I've tried this in IE, firefox, Chrome, win 7 & win 8, along with incognito.

Why am I in this loop?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.