FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   New Business Plus Class (A330, A340) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1448998-new-business-plus-class-a330-a340.html)

concordian Apr 23, 2013 12:27 pm

I am really hoping that my mid-June JFK-MAD flight is on new business class.

tfjim Apr 24, 2013 10:06 am

Long term planning for equipment on Iberia is akin to predicting the weather next year but Airlineroute.net does have some news on expected A330 movements this summer here: http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/24/ib-333-s13update2/

Clearly, these should be taken with a huge grain of salt and other sources used closer in to flight date to confirm exact configurations. I don't know how to predict the possibility of getting a reconfigured A340.

badgersfly Apr 24, 2013 10:09 am

Originally Posted by tfjim (Post 20645154)
Long term planning for equipment on Iberia is akin to predicting the weather next year but Airlineroute.net does have some news on expected A330 movements this summer here: http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/24/ib-333-s13update2/

Clearly, these should be taken with a huge grain of salt and other sources used closer in to flight date to confirm exact configurations. I don't know how to predict the possibility of getting a reconfigured A340.

I think the helpful thing on the a340 would be for anyone who flies on a reconfigured one to list the route and tail number in this thread. Then we'd be able to see the roll out rate.

lkar Apr 24, 2013 2:00 pm

I have a flight from MAD to JFK in July and the seating chart changed to the new configuration months ago. Conversely, for a July trip from LAX to MAD in July, the seating chart has remained the same. Not sure what to draw from this except that IB seems to have no problem with changing the seating chart well in advance, so I suspect that we'll start to get reports from people seeing updated seating charts in 340s at some point.

Hannibal Lecter Apr 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Iberia is pretty active on Facebook and Twitter (there are Spanish and English versions), I have no idea how reliable the information is though.
EC-JNQ and EC-JBA could be the first 340-600 to be refurbished.

jmj9905 Apr 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Ikar I have jfk/mad flight in sept. and the seating chart has not changed since I booked it a couple of months ago. I am pretty sure it is the old configuration.

badgersfly Apr 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 20647125)
Iberia is pretty active on Facebook and Twitter (there are Spanish and English versions), I have no idea how reliable the information is though.

Thanks for this heads up. I've looked for the tweets that give this info, but I'm not finding them. Could you post a link?

slider34 Apr 25, 2013 7:50 am

Originally Posted by jmj9905 (Post 20647218)
Ikar I have jfk/mad flight in sept. and the seating chart has not changed since I booked it a couple of months ago. I am pretty sure it is the old configuration.

I am flying ORD-MAD in July and my seating chart went from the old to the new and back to the old about a month ago.

So who knows? :confused:

northernstar84 Apr 25, 2013 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 20647125)

could be true, no more flight activity since a longer time

ahadu Apr 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Flying MEX - MAD beggining of June, will post the configuration.

jmj9905 May 11, 2013 2:33 pm

The seat map on manage my booking for my 9/20 jfk/mad business class is now showing 36 seats. I assume that is the new 330? Any recommendations for the best seats for my wife and I. Do they do anything like AAs FEBO?
Thanks

flying_q May 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Pardon if I missed it - what is the J seating config for the newly configured A340? I'm flying MAD-BOS in June. Looks like they have changed from the A330 to the A340. EF shows 7 rows of 2-2-2.

prspad Jun 15, 2013 11:31 pm

A340-200 MAD to LAX in J on June 12

My spouse and I flew in seats 3D & 3H a couple days ago MAD-LAX. The aircraft for this Iberia route is a A340-300 configured with fewer J seats, hence it's designated as a A342. There are only 24 J seats total... 4 rows @ 2/2/2. The aircraft we flew on had Business Plus service, but the tired old business seats. I don't think that any aircraft seating guide, even Iberia's, depicts a true seat layout for the aircraft flying this long-haul route. However, if you are booked, you can get a realistic view of the true seat layout in your Class booked by checking your booked flight on https://www.checkmytrip.com A sidebar note... Bring your own decent earphones if you want to choose to see a crappy movie from the 12 crappy ones offered! Better yet, bring a good book!

Three weeks ago we flew to Frankfurt from Los Angeles on Lufthansa's new 747-8i and were seated in J on the upper deck. Excellent seats, food, service, entertainment, overall flight, etc.

We have flown from LAX to foreign destinations in J many times and actually prefer AA's few nonstops from LAX or AA connections via DFW or MIA. J Class on AA's 777's (especially their new 773) and 763's suits me well and American has always treated us like valued customers whether we're on a paid or award ticket.

drdrew450 Jun 19, 2013 2:19 pm

love the info

how does iberia business class compare to air berlin business class

Assuming dusseldorf -> NYC
and madrid -> NYC

I plan on booking a business class flight from central europe to orlando traveling on or around 5/30/14.

I also have a bunch of american and united miles, but the 40K needed for air berlin and iberia might give me an excuse to use my avios, its easy to find uses for united and american miles.

northernstar84 Jun 21, 2013 2:43 am

A340-600

The first A340-600 should now have the new C-Class (EC-JNQ)

I found this information in spanish

El EC-JNQ ha aparecido en flightradar estos días por lo que las reparaciones de las que era objeto deben estar concluyendose.

El EC-LEV parece que ya esta casi listo, de momento no se van a llevar a cabo mas actualizaciones hasta que pase la época punta del verano. Supongo que por el ser el primero es por lo que se ha tardado mas.