Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

OLCI IB Express (air Nostrum) from RAK???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Continuing north from RAK (Marrakech) on IB Express operated by Air Nostrum and can't find a way to OLCI. IB site doesn't allow RAK as a starting point, airnostrum.com has nothing to say about OLCI afaik.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
IB Regional you mean? Air Nostrum don't operate for Iberia Express, only mainline.

Marrakech is not on the list for OLCI: http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/pr...s&isPopup=true
Old Dec 30, 2012, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by colmc
IB Regional you mean? Air Nostrum don't operate for Iberia Express, only mainline.
Sorry about that. I don't play in IB-land very often

Marrakech is not on the list for OLCI: http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/pr...s&isPopup=true
My point.

Checked in the old-fashioned way. From the crowds waiting in line, the airlines could use a little of that OLCI stuff, or hire a couple more hands for the check-in desk. They could apply the profits from selling water to the poor souls-on-board for Eu2 to pay them.

My other observation regarding Nostrum is that the cabin crew seems completely unmotivated. Safety announcement, run the food-and-drink sale cart, ten minutes later do a pick-up run, disappear. In-range, check that tray-tables are stowed. Grudgingly pick up remaining food items. Ignore unbelted pax, not in the SOP. Disappear till landing announcement.

No problems with flight performance on the two segments we 'enjoyed', though.

Neither they nor mainline make the "we know you have choices and thank you for flying [us]". I guess that they do have the preferential support of the locals and a lot more service than the LCCs, which should allow them to stretch their demise out for quite some time.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Regarding the crew disappearing. This has been a continual complaint of IB for years, some say 'cultural differences', but if you are in the transportation game, you should work to norms. (Certainly the norms for your continent). And I think crew hiding is not the norm.

Although, the service does not actually seem that bad to me based upon what you desribe.

Were you in business or economy?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by David-A
Regarding the crew disappearing. This has been a continual complaint of IB for years, some say 'cultural differences', but if you are in the transportation game, you should work to norms. (Certainly the norms for your continent). And I think crew hiding is not the norm.

Although, the service does not actually seem that bad to me based upon what you desribe.

Were you in business or economy?
Coach, and my only potentially valid complaint is their faint attention to what most carriers consider a necessity: belted pax and a clean cabin for t/o and landing.

Food-wise my personal minimum "standard" is a free bag of something to munch e.g. peanuts and a free soft drink or water. Many European competitors of IB go far beyond that minimum, surprising me with free alcoholic beverages and a bit of "real" food, so IB appears to be doing its best to lose non-captive customers.

Amusingly, RAK security rules welcome pax to bring gallons of beverage or what-ever on board. Continuing through MAD, that opportunity is gone of course.

Anyway, it amuses me that IB thinks they can prosper without being competitive in a commodity market. Few if any airline CEOs seem up to their job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.