Iberia in trouble? What to do?

Old Dec 1, 12, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Iberia in trouble? What to do?

I received a copy of a from the president of Iberia via email yesterday. I am not able to post it here as it is a picture file of some type. I hope you are able to find it on the web.

In any event, he denounces the proposed strikes by Iberia's unions and talks about what a difficult time Iberia is having and the difficult "days and weeks ahead". It sounds gloomy.

I am booked on Iberia, LAX to Paris, Paris-Barcelona and Madird-LAX. Start on 6-19-2013 and ending on 7-5-2013. I did this by transferring AMEX points to Avios. I know it's a long way off but I had to do this to use up my AMEX points. It's all speculation, but what should I be thinking of doing?
Old Dec 1, 12, 2:24 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
get a refund & book on ba/aa if you are worried...there are few carriers that are in great shape...maybe buy a refundable ticket on another carrier as back up...
Old Dec 1, 12, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Iberia in trouble

More than two weeks sounds like a leisure trip. In that case I would not worry about it. Its more than 7 months off. The chance that it will not be resolved by then is small. On the other hand, if you are a worrier, I too would spend the money to get a more reliable itin.
Old Dec 1, 12, 3:02 pm
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the thread as it moves to FlyerTalk's dedicated forum on Iberia. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Dec 1, 12, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank you,

Mirkee
Old Dec 1, 12, 5:22 pm

Programs: American
Codeshare issues

I booked on AA, planning to use upgrade miles. It turned out the flight was Iberia. Not able to use AA miles to upgrade. Then Iberia changed and said that no matter who "marketed" or "sold" the ticket, Avioa miles could be used to upgrade. So I tried to use my Avios miles. Iberia again said that I could not upgrade because I had purchased the ticket from AA.

This is deceptive practice

Search this Thread