Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Getting the run around - how to get help?

Old Nov 8, 2012, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

Hi all -

First time flying with Iberia, so any advice would be appreciated.

I booked a LHR - MAD return trip via the website, but in my haste to get it booked, I actually booked LHR-MAD-LCY.

When I received the confirmation, I noted the error and called the call center.

Spoke to a very helpful agent, who said for a $25 fee, he could fix it. Seemed reasonable, although AC and others usually let you cancel for free and rebook, but who am I to judge, I made the mistake

I got the new booking and all is good.

Today, I received a schedule change. But instead of 1 schedule change, I received 2 - one for each booking. Apparently, instead of fixing my booking, he just created me a new one - different PNR - without canceling the old one.

Once I noted the error, I called the USA reservations desk who said because one was website, and the other was call center, it was 'my issue'. Nice.

I called back again, new agent said she would be reviewing the 'call log' from the call with the agent, and if it was clear I wanted to cancel and rebook, they would refund. Still no call back 8 hours later.

Right now, I have 2x charges on my CC and 2x reservations, but they don't seem fussed to resolve.

How should I handle?

I can always dispute with my CC, but that is a process and this should be easy.

Thanks for any assistance,

Travis

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.