IB Plus blocking BA award seats?

Old Sep 26, 12, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC/IB
IB Plus blocking BA award seats?

How come IB Plus doesn't show availability on BA EZE-LHR flights? Checked first for availability on ba.com yet IB Plus only wants to offer Iberia flights under the Oneworld search.
Old Sep 27, 12, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Just curious (now that the current missus is Argentine so I might need to start looking for redemptions to EZE myself), is there an advantage to using IB+ for the LHR-EZE on BA, rather than booking direct with BA?

I know BAEC charge fuel surcharges on IB metal bookings and so to book IB flights with IB+ miles, but I thought IB+ do charge fuel fines on BA metal bookings so there'd be no particular difference now that miles can be moved back and forth between BAEC and IB+...
Old Sep 27, 12, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Just curious (now that the current missus is Argentine so I might need to start looking for redemptions to EZE myself),
The current missus? How often do you change them?

I'm curious as well to see if the tax/charges are the same or not. That was my reason for trying to find BA award seats on the IB site. Seems strange why they don't show any BA seats on the EZE-LHR route. I shall keep at it and report back.
Old Sep 27, 12, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just an update.

I thought I'd search for EZE-AMS and this time it does route you through LHR on the BA flight - strange why it won't show when you just want to go to LHR.
Anyway the taxes/charges on that Blue Class award comes to 424 so no benefit at all on booking that through IB Plus.
Old Sep 27, 12, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
The current missus? How often do you change them?
Quite frequently! Particularly when they give the wrong answer to my suggestion that we do a TP run across the US, or that we can't go to city XYZ because I can't get there in Club with my BA miles... Or any other of the things that we FTers consider rational behaviour that the rest of the world consider to be completely loco...

Just kidding of course, but thanks for the update. It is really rather annoying that both BAEC and IB+ make it so difficult to find award availability on each other...
Old Oct 15, 12, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
taxes through London are just a joke and should be avoiding like the plague, way cheaper to fly into europe and hop on a cheap BA flight on a seperate ticket or even one of the many low cost carriers, I often find BA same price as the LCC guys if you get the timing right
Old Oct 20, 12, 8:02 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
How come IB Plus doesn't show availability on BA EZE-LHR flights? Checked first for availability on ba.com yet IB Plus only wants to offer Iberia flights under the Oneworld search.
You can combine your BA avios points with Iberia and then redeem the award via iberia. Plus you will pay lower YQ
Old Oct 22, 12, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pantanal View Post
You can combine your BA avios points with Iberia and then redeem the award via iberia. Plus you will pay lower YQ
Thanks.....yes I was already well aware of that moneysaver.

I was just curious why BA and IB don't seem to show the same availability.

Search this Thread