Wiki Posts
Search

Help with reward travel booking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Help with reward travel booking

Hello,

I am a newbie to the site and the reward travel. I started collecting miles last year and have $100,000 miles on AA which I want to use for Europe travel. I was able to find online a flight to Paris on Air Tahiti for miles, but the return back to USA seems like there are no options.

I was hoping someone can help as to how can I find a flight from either Italy/Spain back to USA (Los Angeles). I was looking at Iberia but there is no online tool to see the availability. I am hoping to find something for Aug 26/27 back to USA. Thanks for the help
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:12 am

Programs: Loyalty? I go where the points and status are!
This post probably belongs in the AA forum..
But if you want to look for availability you can join the Quantas FFP and then check availability from there, or try Expert Flyer or the KVS tool.

To book these tickets with AA you'll need to call in regardless.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
I see availability on AA for both the 26th and 27th in economy MAD - MIA for 30K. Just find a flight from MIA to LAX and you should be in like Flint. Then call AA and give them the flight numbers and route that you wish to take. The entire trip MAD to LAX should just cost you 30K. When using miles you need to be a little creative and sometimes take routes that you normally wouldn't think of. Don't count on the airlines to check all routes. I check flights out of BUD and into JFK, ORD and MIA. there are others as well. Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.