Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Flying MAD-LHR in Biz, do I get fast-track at LHR?

Old May 23, 2012, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite

Since I am travelling on seperate tickets MAD-LHR on IB then LHR-SFO on UA so they usually wont check my bag and I have to claim, clear customs and go over to UA (sucks)
Question is will IB give some sort of fastrack for LHR?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meli Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by cbrown5294
Since I am travelling on seperate tickets MAD-LHR on IB then LHR-SFO on UA so they usually wont check my bag and I have to claim, clear customs and go over to UA (sucks)
Question is will IB give some sort of fastrack for LHR?
You get a fast track in Mad. I am not sure if Lhr has fast track for arriving passengers.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
You get a fast track in Mad. I am not sure if Lhr has fast track for arriving passengers.
LHR Terminal 5 does have fast track immigration, but I think invitations are only given to BA long haul passengers.

Assuming IB won't check your bags through you'll have to reclaim, make your way to T3, and recheck.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:03 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Fast track is irrelevant at LHR as if you get your bags checked through you follow the Flight Connections route (purple signs) to T3 and you don't go anywhere near Immigration or baggage reclaim.

However T5 fast track is only available to long haul arriving non-EU PAX and only in the morning.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Quick related question:

Does Iberia use Terminal 5 at LHR? For some reason, I had thought it used Terminal 3. The LHR website says T5, but I thought I would check with those who actually fly IB to/from LHR!

I'm hoping it's T5 so I can use the Galleries First lounge!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Quick related question:

Does Iberia use Terminal 5 at LHR? For some reason, I had thought it used Terminal 3. The LHR website says T5, but I thought I would check with those who actually fly IB to/from LHR!

I'm hoping it's T5 so I can use the Galleries First lounge!
Definitely T5. It used to be T3, but changed a while back.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by OPebble
Definitely T5. It used to be T3, but changed a while back.

Thank you!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
T5 but never was offered fast track intra-EU. If you're arriving from Spain you most likely will miss the big early morning rash of flights from the US but don't know about India/Africa times...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.