Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BCN-LAX IB Biz or BA CW? Strike day

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Question BCN-LAX IB Biz or BA CW? Strike day

I'm currently booked on a return leg home on 5/28 from BCN to LAX on BA CW, with a stop at LHR. This is an award flight booked with AA miles and at the time it was the only flight available. The big negatives with this flight are the BA taxes ($700 for two tix) and the flight from BCN to LHR on 5/28 is at 7:00 a.m., which will pretty much kill our last night.

Now there is an available flight home on Iberia in business class that leaves BCN at 9:55 a.m. (much better than 7:00 a.m.!) with a short stop in Madrid.

So I can switch to IB, get a refund of the BA ridiculous taxes, and have a nice night out on our last evening. But...5/28 happens to be one of the pre-planned strike days!

I would love to hear some opinions on what others would do. Take on the added stress of the potential strike to get some $$ back and not get up in the middle of the night for flight on last day home? Or stick to the BA flight, get up early, and not have to worry about the strike?
Old May 12, 2012, 2:45 pm

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/0...8FR6K920120427
Old May 12, 2012, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the link. But are the cabin crews still striking?
Old May 14, 2012, 7:25 am

no
http://www.eleconomista.es/economia/...-Nacional.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.