Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sleeping in the MORNING at MAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Sleeping in the MORNING at MAD

In 2-1/2 weeks we arrive MAD from ORD at 7:40 am and depart for Granada at 11:50 am. Both IB flights. Any recommendations where we can get a nice nap? I'm guessing it will likely be too cold to go outside and lay on lawn.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:19 am

Programs: AA - EXP, DL - Gold, Aegean - Gold
lounge

if you have lounge access, the Iberia lounge in the t4 satellite area has a nice nap area. it is dark and has bed-like recliners with a blanket and a pillow. not sure about the logistics of getting there from the arrivals area after you land in Mad or about whether they have similar facilities in the main t4 building lounge.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

No, I don't have lounge access with anyone.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Lawn? Lawn? Sorry that is not known of at MAD!

I can't speak for T4 itself but as a regular frequenter of T4S there are recliners (unadjustable) in the gate areas. Naturally they are popular. Can't say if T4 has the same.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: Some, not all.
If sleeping outside is viable option for you, then I'm sure you'll be able to find any seat/floor an agreeable place for a nap.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by 21H21J
If sleeping outside is viable option for you, then I'm sure you'll be able to find any seat/floor an agreeable place for a nap.
When did you last use MAD T4?

No outside seats and pretty dirty concrete floors besmeared with chewing gum and cigarette butts! Not recommended!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

So it sounds like no one here knows of a specific quiet place. We'll just see what we find. I can't imagine the floor would be that dirty. Any clean carpet should work fine; finding a quiet area might be a challenge.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by elabut
So it sounds like no one here knows of a specific quiet place. We'll just see what we find. I can't imagine the floor would be that dirty. Any clean carpet should work fine; finding a quiet area might be a challenge.
This might help:
http://www.sleepinginairports.net/
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:54 am

They don't do carpet except in the lounges. It is nearly all floor tiles!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Some report using the baggage bands for sleeping, but only when the airport is not dispatching flights.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:33 am

Programs: IB+ PriorityClub AMEX-MR
Your flight to Granada will depart out of T4, which doesn't have great facilities for napping. Most of the seats have arm rests which would stop you laying out over them so you might have to look hard for any that don't. I can't think of any carpeted areas at all so you might be best bringing the blanket and pillow from your TATL flight with you and laying them out on the floor in some relatively quiet area. Unless you're coming in at the weekend, the airport will probably be quite busy at that time. I'd make your way to the K area, which is where your flight to Granada will most probably depart from. If you stick to the left hand side as you walk towards the K area (that is, the side away from the runways), there are some areas between the gates which tend to be less crowded in my experience. You'll then be close to where you need to be when they put the gate number up on the board. That might be your best option.

Just in case you haven't seen it on the other posts, there are a lot of strike dates pencilled in for the next few weeks so you might get a longer nap than originally planned. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...s-round-3.html

Best of luck.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Thank you r217! We'll look to nap at K gates. We are luckily traveling on Mar 21 and 22 which are NOT strike days.
What will IB people do if we take the blanket and pillow with us upon exiting TATL aircraft?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:00 am

Thank you r217! We'll look to nap at K gates. We are luckily traveling on Mar 21 and 22 which are NOT strike days.
What will IB people do if we take the blanket and pillow with us upon exiting TATL aircraft?
Stop you and take it off you!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
My mother has an upcoming 7 hour layover in MAD (Arriving on AA, continuing on IB MAD-VIE). Glad I found this thread.

I am trying to get her on business for JFK-MAD or MAD-VIE (AA award) so she can access the Dali Lounge, but I may not be that lucky.

Are there computers/ internet anywhere in Terminal 4? What about payphones?
A lounge for pay?

I would like to somehow contact her while she is in T4 as well.

(She does not have a laptop/ tablet or smartphone, so WIFI won't help her for internet access).
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: IB+ PriorityClub AMEX-MR
Originally Posted by carlosdca
I am trying to get her on business for JFK-MAD or MAD-VIE (AA award) so she can access the Dali Lounge, but I may not be that lucky.
I'm not sure that Iberia will give her arrival access to the Dali lounge even if she has just flown in business class. Perhaps someone else can confirm? If she is flying on in business then there is no issue.

Are there computers/ internet anywhere in Terminal 4? What about payphones?
Not sure about computers but there are definitely payphones: situated near the restaurants in the central section of T4.

A lounge for pay?
There is the "La Revoltosa" lounge which I think you can pay for but it's something like €25. It's very small, has no views and although there are a few snacks, sandwiches and drinks, it's generally not worth the price. Having said that, the seats are more comfortable than the ones in the terminal so you might think it's worth doing in this case as it is a 7 hour layover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.