Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia 747???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Smile Iberia 747???

I will be flying transatlantic Chicago (ORD) - London (LHW) late July with Iberia. This flight has confirmed the aircraft that will be used is indeed a 747. This has me pretty excited as i've never flown in the Queen of the Skies before. I have flown A340's numerous occasion, and even had the pleasure of flying the new A380. As far as i was aware Iberia did not fly the 747's anymore, This flight is the only flight that month that is using the 747 and not Iberia's usual a340-600's. Anyone know where this aircraft is from, is it a lease, or is it one of BA's?

Also, anyone know whether it will be a 744 or a 742?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
If this is a direct flight you will be on a BA aircraft with IB flight number, ie IB codeshare on BA metal

IB does not operate 747s

And as such this would be a BA 747-436

cs
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by DrewsieJ
I will be flying transatlantic Chicago (ORD) - London (LHW) late July with Iberia. This flight has confirmed the aircraft that will be used is indeed a 747. This has me pretty excited as i've never flown in the Queen of the Skies before. I have flown A340's numerous occasion, and even had the pleasure of flying the new A380. As far as i was aware Iberia did not fly the 747's anymore, This flight is the only flight that month that is using the 747 and not Iberia's usual a340-600's. Anyone know where this aircraft is from, is it a lease, or is it one of BA's?

Check on the BA website using your confirmation code to see if the flight is operated by them - assuming it doesn't say as much in your reservation. I flew from SFO to LHR to Spain on an "Iberia" ticket and the TATL flight was on a BA 747. BA is great, by the way.

Last edited by Doc Savage; Jan 7, 2012 at 6:14 pm
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not relevant to the OP, but my first IB sector was MIA-MAD on a 747-200. Upgraded to F from J too, just 8 First seats in the bubble.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: their are many of them
I was like whaaaaaaaaaaat I knew Iberia had operated the 747s at one point but they were long gone a while ago.

I thought perhaps this was an outlandish thread that IB had ordered new ones

false alarm...

there is nothing to see here move along
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

yeah i know right? has anyone flown this aircraft then?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:44 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
IB hasn't had 747's in their fleet in years. You're flying on BA metal. I suggest asking on the BA board.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It'll be a 744. 2 variants of layout, all the details in the BA Board sticky.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Whatever you do, don't let anyone tag your checked baggage to LHW.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Whatever you do, don't let anyone tag your checked baggage to LHW.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:44 pm

Exactly what are you asking ??

cs
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Smile

haha Guv, my flight is actually to Newcastle stopping at Heathrow for a couple of hours
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon

cs
Yeah, my bad. That didn't entirely make sense. What i meant is, has anyone actually flown a 747 recently when booking with Iberia?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by cornishsimon

cs
Yeah, my bad. That didn't entirely make sense. What i meant is, has anyone actually flown a 747 recently when booking with Iberia?
I would guess thousands of people have.

Why not have a read of the BA forum and stickys where you will find answers to almost everything you could want to know about a BA aircraft and cabin ?.

cs
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:14 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I'm sure they have. On 747's that have British Airways on the side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.