Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Does IB have its own version of BA's Mileage/TP Calculator? (Need PAB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador

A colleague of mine is trying to scramble together 500 BAPs (or Elite Points after 16 Nov) before the end of her membership year to retain Silver status with IB plus (she's become rather attached to Business class check in!).

A few questions which I'd be grateful for some pointers on:

1 - Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap 'BAP' run?
2 - Is there a calculator on the IB website which would allow her to check how many BAPs she will get for a flight with a OW partner?

thanks

GD
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: EK IB QF
Originally Posted by Gold Digger
A colleague of mine is trying to scramble together 500 BAPs (or Elite Points after 16 Nov) before the end of her membership year to retain Silver status with IB plus (she's become rather attached to Business class check in!).

A few questions which I'd be grateful for some pointers on:

1 - Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap 'BAP' run?
2 - Is there a calculator on the IB website which would allow her to check how many BAPs she will get for a flight with a OW partner?

thanks

GD
I'm afraid there isn't a calculator as such on the IB website HOWEVER I complied a little summary of IB+ PAB earning on IB and oneworld carriers some time ago. Here goes!:

http://i.imgur.com/URXVv.jpg

Unfortunately this is only effective until November 16th but it was certainly a very useful tool throughout all these years! To calculate the actual distance in miles on a particular route just go to gcmap.com

As per the cheap PAB run, may I suggest booking your colleague a TATL trip to return before November 16th on either of IB BA AA across the North Atlantic i.e. taking off from the EU (including Switzerland and Norway) and landing in any airport in the US (including PR), Canada or Mexico. (Or viceversa of course)

Do some research and see whichever is cheapest! You'd earn 600 PAB return even on the deepest of discount economy fares! Amazing isn't it? Shame this is getting abolished soon!

Try booking on competitive routes such as LHR-JFK or even MAD-JFK but having, say, Paris as your starting destination (if you're based in MAD, just hop on to the MAD-JFK leg and 'miss' the Paris flight ).

Fares are usually much lower when on transit than direct point to point tickets since airliners want to attract as many transfer passengers as possible!

Keep us updated on the final routing of the PAB run!

(By the way, anyone else is welcome to share ideas on potentially cheap PAB runs )!

Last edited by alekos47; Nov 2, 2011 at 3:54 pm
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Many thanks for the pointers Alekos47. Not sure a TATL will be doable before the 16th, but it all depends on price!

I'll keep you posted.

GD
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:12 pm

For other cities that are not on the list, use the new Avios Earning calculator, which will be available starting on November 16th at iberia.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.