Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Obtain Amadeus Record Locator Number on codeshare flight? (for seat selection)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp

I booked an itinerary on AA with part of the itinerary on IB codeshare. AA says they don't have access to the Amadeus record locator number and IB says they can't help without it and that I need to obtain one from AA. Who is correct? Is the passenger pretty much stuck in the middle?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
I would expect that AA would be able to give it to you, I would call again to talk with a different agent.

Once, I had a booking with BA and then codeshare with AA, I called BA and they gave me the AA locator.

Let us know if you speak with a different agent.

Regards
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

I have spoken to three AA phone agents. They were from the Executive Platinum desk agents (similar to BA's BAEC Gold desk). They were not able to help, but I may call again to see if someone else can help. All they could suggest was to call IB and give them the flight numbers and ask them to give me the Amadeus record locator number.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:04 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by Time traveller
I have spoken to three AA phone agents. They were from the Executive Platinum desk agents (similar to BA's BAEC Gold desk). They were not able to help, but I may call again to see if someone else can help. All they could suggest was to call IB and give them the flight numbers and ask them to give me the Amadeus record locator number.
Time traveller

You have for me the IB flightnumber & date of travel and your last name, and then if wanted sent me an pm, I can look it up.

dutch_122
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Usually, a call to IB with the flight information should result in their "native" Amadeus PNR. And dutch_122 has posted a generous assist.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

dutch_122, PM sent.

JDiver, when I called the Iberia phone number in the US (answered by the Miami call center) and gave them my last name and flight date and flight number, because I booked my flights on AA as a codeshare, they could not find me in their system.

I have an upcoming 3 hour flight on a A319 on Iberia and getting an exit row would be nice.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:43 pm

Wow! That is frustrating! I've not booked IB as an AA codeshare, but have booked IB and AA as an IB codeshare. I'd try AA one more time - AA Web Sevrices, U.S. or Canada
1-800-222-2377
6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. CT daily

No charge for the call, and sometimes they can work miracles.

dutch_122, PM sent.

JDiver, when I called the Iberia phone number in the US (answered by the Miami call center) and gave them my last name and flight date and flight number, because I booked my flights on AA as a codeshare, they could not find me in their system.

I have an upcoming 3 hour flight on a A319 on Iberia and getting an exit row would be nice.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by JDiver
1-800-222-2377
6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. CT daily

No charge for the call, and sometimes they can work miracles.
Yes, 1-800 numbers are also free from Skype!

I am saying that as a future advice in case someone wants to call AA or a US IB call center, from overseas. This one saved me a tons of £ last year during the snow disruption.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by potakas
Yes, 1-800 numbers are also free from Skype!

I am saying that as a future advice in case someone wants to call AA or a US IB call center, from overseas. This one saved me a tons of £ last year during the snow disruption.
Potakas,

In future, if in trouble whatever cause, just pm me, work fulltime, see pm.
And i will see what i can do.

dutch_122
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:35 am

dutch_122, PM sent.

Time traveller,

will answer asap, will be at work at 1pm.

dutch_122
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:27 am

dutch_122, PM sent.

Time Traveller

pm sent

dutch_122
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:24 am
Original Poster

I appreciate dutch_122's help in getting seat assignment within 24 hours of the flight. However there is still no way of obtaining the Amadeus Record Locator, meaning not able to pre-book exit row seats for OW Emerald/Sapphire, at least for AA passengers. I am sure with the BA/IB merger, BA passengers have better access to seats prior to the flights.

Also a little side note, but when I called the Iberia US call center, I was told that they have an Iberia person staffing the Premium Lounge at MIA Concourse E. This is not true. They have a BA and AA representative there, but no IB representation. So no printing of IB boarding pass or changing sets there. The only option at MIA was to go landside to Iberia's ticketing agent. However there was an Iberia desk at MAD T4S arrival just before Passport Control, so you can pick up an Iberia boarding pass there.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:48 am

Time Traveller,

With BA/AA reservations ,we at the ticketing desk only see the BA segments, the AA flight segments are informative, information only. They are hold by AA Sabre reservation system, that's why when pax misses flight they have to contact AA. Or we have try to contact them, most of the time it works, but it is very time consuming.

IB/AA is even worse, in Amadeus you do not even show up on the pax list.
But in Iberia's resiber, you can, but it does not give you the amadues locator.

This problem is well known within the Oneworld.

Enjoy your time in Vienna.

Dutch_122

I appreciate dutch_122's help in getting seat assignment within 24 hours of the flight. However there is still no way of obtaining the Amadeus Record Locator, meaning not able to pre-book exit row seats for OW Emerald/Sapphire, at least for AA passengers. I am sure with the BA/IB merger, BA passengers have better access to seats prior to the flights.

Also a little side note, but when I called the Iberia US call center, I was told that they have an Iberia person staffing the Premium Lounge at MIA Concourse E. This is not true. They have a BA and AA representative there, but no IB representation. So no printing of IB boarding pass or changing sets there. The only option at MIA was to go landside to Iberia's ticketing agent. However there was an Iberia desk at MAD T4S arrival just before Passport Control, so you can pick up an Iberia boarding pass there.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
and even when you have the right locator, you still cannot book a seat properly
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:05 am

It sounds like securing a seat with the IB/AA codeshare until check-in at the airport is nigh impossible then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.