Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia+ Member moved to Aberdeen with family. Next step?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Dear FT's

A very good friend recently moved to Aberdeen with his family. For sure a big change but a nice city to live in I heard

If his only travel is going to be back to Spain and future holidays. To get the most of the Avios (including credit cards etc) would the experts recommend that he stays with Iberia Plus or should he go with another carrier?

Thanks again for any info
Old Nov 23, 2012, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
With a bit of research your friend can determine what the best credit card options are... Usually American Express... the British Airways one is quite popular because of a 2-for-1 redemption voucher for reaching a certain spending level.

In order to get a credit card though, your friend needs to start building up a credit history... when I moved to the UK many moons ago, I struggled getting a useful credit card right away, but some tips are to join the electoral register, get a credit card from the bank providing the main current account that gets monthly salary paid into, etc.

Since you can transfer Avios between BAEC and Iberia Plus, get both and use the Iberia Plus where appropriate (Vueling flights, certain hotel chains, etc.)
Old Nov 23, 2012, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the useful info craigethemif
I was going to send him the Amex Plat invite but he might have to wait with that for the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.