Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia "Economy XL" / Emergency Exit seats - definitive thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia "Economy XL" / Emergency Exit seats - definitive thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by DELLAS
As non IB OW Emerald I am always allowed to select any seat I want on IB/I2. Did you try assigning them online first?
Couldn't do it online - Which was why I phoned. I've submitted a complaint through the IB website requesting a refund of the seat reservation fee
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
A340-600 Exit seats

Would anyone be able to offer some advice on the exit seats on the A340 (346)? Flying MAD-SCL (2 pax) and have access to exit pairs 21AC / 33AC / 33JL / 47AC / 47JL.

We’re currently in 21 AC (the front row of Y cabin) but am keen to know if 21A has a window I can easily look out of as there is no better start to the day than looking out at the Andes on the way in to SCL!

Also how is 21A for legroom as the exit slide can sometimes get in the way in such seats? Is it better than the exits behind the wing (row 47)?

If 21 is not recommended which of the other exits would you go for? Row 33 seems best but from what I’ve heard there is absolutely no view from these seats.

Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi all, BA Gold/OWE here, have just gone through the rigmarole of trying to assign exit seats for myself and a colleague (with no status) flying LHR-MAD-DKR in October on BA A321 / IB A321 / IB A321 / IB A320

Originally phoned BA who managed to seat us ok for the LHR-MAD leg as it's on BA metal, but when attempting to assign seating on the IB legs the system refused her so I was advised to call Iberia instead.

Getting through on the IB line I managed to get an agent who reacted as if I was asking her to shoot her dog. I was allowed to be assigned on the MAD-DKR and DKR-MAD flights (although apparently there "is no row 9" on the A321 we're returning on) but my colleague on the same PNR couldn't be assigned an exit row without being charged as "It doesn't work that way..."

Is this a case of Hang Up and Call Again or is it IB policy to be that stingy with their exit row assignment? Just had a quick check on myflightsapp and seems that my colleague's original assignment has now been ditched completely
Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Would anyone be able to offer some advice on the exit seats on the A340 (346)? Flying MAD-SCL (2 pax) and have access to exit pairs 21AC / 33AC / 33JL / 47AC / 47JL.

We’re currently in 21 AC (the front row of Y cabin) but am keen to know if 21A has a window I can easily look out of as there is no better start to the day than looking out at the Andes on the way in to SCL!

Also how is 21A for legroom as the exit slide can sometimes get in the way in such seats? Is it better than the exits behind the wing (row 47)?

If 21 is not recommended which of the other exits would you go for? Row 33 seems best but from what I’ve heard there is absolutely no view from these seats.

Thanks.
I would also like to have some informed opinion about that....
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:34 am

Iberia Flight 6171, Madrid to LAX on A330-200... row 21 seat L, emergency exit and extra legroom. Does anyone know if this is a good seat? Is the recline fine or will it be limited? Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:09 am

View from 33A

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer

Thanks.
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
I would also like to have some informed opinion about that....
There is no view from 33A, but there is endless legroom - on a night flight like ORD>MAD I was extremely happy to be situated there. Upon descent the door did start leaking condensation on me which was a bit disconcerting, though. Picture attached (window is about the size of a closed fist).
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
So just trying to book some seats for a friend on an upcoming TLV-MAD flight, and I can't seem to find the seatmap for this configuration on SeatGuru.

Aircraft is the A330-200 with Economy starting at row 21. Exit row is 41, but would she be better off in a window or aisle seat in that row? Is there an emergency exit door intruding on the legroom?

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The door slightly intrudes in the legroom, but I flew to PVG in 41A and had a great flight.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
XL seats in business?

I'm flying MAD-ZAG in August in J on an A321. The seat map shows the below layout which I can't figure out-- rows 5 and 6 are labeled as XL seats, but they are at the back of the J cabin and aren't exit rows. Anyone know what's going on here?

Old May 2, 2019, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They all have the same legroom - 1 through to 6. Rows 1-6 are classed as 'extra legroom' when part of the Y cabin. Just a bug, ignore.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EP
I just called IB to select an exit seat as OWE. I was told I have to pay for the seat even as emerald. OWE allows me to select any other seat free of charge for MAD-SPU. Is that the rule? I can't find anything on Iberia's website that indicates XL seats are free for status customers.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Croat30
I just called IB to select an exit seat as OWE. I was told I have to pay for the seat even as emerald. OWE allows me to select any other seat free of charge for MAD-SPU. Is that the rule? I can't find anything on Iberia's website that indicates XL seats are free for status customers.
I just booked long haul on IB. Was able to login to IB site and obtain XL without charge as OWS.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Can anyone tell me if the A/C and J/L seats in the economy bulkhead row 21/22 on the A330-300 (with premium economy) really is restricted legroom as SeatGuru suggests? If it is even a bit more legroom than normal (as I would expect on a bulkhead) I will be happy! Are these good seats?

I am well aware that it is not a reliable site but any experience welcome as the exit rows further back as free too, and I know they are with unlimited legroom.

Many thanks
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

22JL certainly has plenty of legroom. Well, knee room. In most bulkhead rows you can't stretch out as much as you'd like, compared to a normal row where you might be able to stretch out by putting your legs under the seat in front.
noFODplease likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:45 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Exit Row Underseat Storage

About to book a domestic IB flight using my Oneworld Sapphire status to select Exit Row seats on the A319 (row 10). Do they allow you to store your personal item under the seat in front? SeatGuru is ambiguous on this question. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.