Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Plus Points - 1400 points....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2011, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards, SAS Eurobonus, Flying Blue, OneWorld, Goldpointsplus, BW Gold, QR Privilege Club
Iberia Plus Points - 1400 points....

I flew IB biz class a few years ago to Rio ex CPH and obtained a total of 1400 points on Iberia Plus...

I have searched their webpage to check if I could spend the points in any way, but to me I need at least 1800 points to make a reward flight from CPH and not possible to purchase anything else, or am I blind ?

Any experts who can assist ?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Herget
I flew IB biz class a few years ago to Rio ex CPH and obtained a total of 1400 points on Iberia Plus...

I have searched their webpage to check if I could spend the points in any way, but to me I need at least 1800 points to make a reward flight from CPH and not possible to purchase anything else, or am I blind ?

Any experts who can assist ?
Hello Herget,

I am not an expert in IB Plus but I am sure you can also use the points for hotels, car-rentals,...

Also, if you have an Amex card, you can convert MR to IB Plus points.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
That many points will get you a night in one of several nice hotels including 4-star paradors here in Spain. You can also get some good prices with "cash and points" with the Samsung online store. And there is a really nice selection of wine and spirits available through the wine store as well: http://redencionib.thereserveshop.com/

One of the (very, very few) good points about IB+ is that they give you lots of ways to spend points besides on flights. Of course those offers are a lot more convenient from within Spain.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards, SAS Eurobonus, Flying Blue, OneWorld, Goldpointsplus, BW Gold, QR Privilege Club
Thanks guys !! Helped me a lot !!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:19 am
Original Poster

22000 Avios by 31.12...

Hi all,

My Iberia points has like all other changed to Avios and I just received mail that I have apprx. 22000 Avios which has to be used before new year....

Not that many options in order to spend these points unless I need a hotel in Spain or similar...

I would have loved if Iberia had online shop like EK - SK etc but this is no option or am I blind ?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:40 am

Hi all,

My Iberia points has like all other changed to Avios and I just received mail that I have apprx. 22000 Avios which has to be used before new year....

Not that many options in order to spend these points unless I need a hotel in Spain or similar...

I would have loved if Iberia had online shop like EK - SK etc but this is no option or am I blind ?

Wonder what happens if you transfer them to a BAEC account?
will the Avios be marked with a "best before" date, or will validity start
from scratch again when they hit your BAEC account, i.e they'll be valid for 3 years.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Wonder what happens if you transfer them to a BAEC account?
will the Avios be marked with a "best before" date, or will validity start
from scratch again when they hit your BAEC account, i.e they'll be valid for 3 years.
That is indeed what I would do if I were in the OP's shoes. Transfer them to a BA account (and transfer them back later to your IB+ account if you want them within IB+).
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks Nick & Hannibal !

I will transfer to my BA Executive card !! Good idea !^
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
I was thinking the exact same thing, worst case, book an MFU.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 2:11 pm

Thanks Nick & Hannibal !

I will transfer to my BA Executive card !! Good idea !^

Herget, after transferring your Avios to BA, until when those Avios are valid now? Did you manage to renew the due to date or you still have to do something on the BA account before New Years Eve?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Hi Sarasa,

I still have a problem..... :-(
I have created a BA Executive Account (Avios as well) but unable to transfer the miles from IB to BA.... :-(
Further I have tried to create/open an Avios account on avios.com homepage, but only able to transfer any BA Avios to this...
Every time I try to add my IB Plus details + password in order to transfer the apprx 22400 Avios I have on hand, I get an error saying that my (IB) password is incorrect which is not the case as I can log on the IB Plus homepage without any problems....

It looks like I have to say bye bye to my Avios expiring dec 31st.... :-(
Old Dec 27, 2011, 3:06 am

Herget, did you change your IB Plus password to be only numbers? I read it on a previous message, now it doesn't say that my password doesn't match but my details don't although they are correct.

Don't lose those Avios! Worst case scenario, buy a ticket on turista class (not blue nor business) and you can change it's date without being charged for it.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Sarasa.... You´re a star ! :-)
Old Dec 27, 2011, 3:48 am
Original Poster

It worked... I changed my password on IB plus to numbers only (6 digit) and I was not able to combine - move avios from IB to Avios.com.... !! :-) Thanks a lot for Your help !!!!!! :-) And Happy new Year !!
Old Dec 27, 2011, 4:37 am

Happy to hear that Herget. So you combined them into your avios.com account or the BA Exec one? When are they due to now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.