Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting to Iberia in MAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Question Connecting to Iberia in MAD

Scheduled to arrive MAD from FRA via Lufthansa on Wednesday June 29 6:15pm. Will have one bag checked to MAD.
Before selecting & purchasing MAD-OVD on Iberia for that same evening, how much time should I factor in to make a connection.
If I select the last IB flight of the evening, would IB allow a free standby on an earlier flight if I can make it?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:59 am
rdg

Lufthansa arrives in T2 and Iberia flights depart from T4, which is a good ways away. I would count on at least 90 minutes for that connection if you are picking checked luggage. As for standby on an earlier flight, I've had it work on a couple of flights but more often than not they will insist you have to take your scheduled flight.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
My experience with many IB flights has been that stand-by for earlier flight is never an option. I'm sure there are exceptions, but don't plan around getting one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.