Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to flying Iberia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

To accommodate the new Premium Economy cabin some front row seats from the J cabin have been removed. That could explain why your A340 no longer has them.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The A340s with Y+ have had the rows renumbered, so it is correct. I believe the old row 1 (A and L only) is gone.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: One World (Emerald), Star Alliance (Gold), Flying Blue (Gold)
upgrade question

hey

I'm sorry if this tipic was already on the forum but I couldn't find it. I'm sure you guys can help me.

I need to book like 10 flights with Iberia.

the question is:
If you pay for the upgrade on the gate for ex from economy to business, do you get the points for economy still or as you paid you get the business points ?

thanks for help !!
greg

Last edited by greg d; Oct 21, 2017 at 7:57 am
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
You get for the original cabin booked.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Question about A340-600 business class

Hello, hope someone can help with a seating query. I've spent a bit of time researching here and online but can't seem to get a good answer.

I just booked 3 business class seats MAD>BOG for Mrs DCA and I + LittleDCA next August. As things stand we'll apparently be on an A340-600.

I'm a OW Emerald/BA Gold and choose row 1 seats (although I gather that unlike BA, all J pax can do so anyway). We have the run of the cabin at the moment.

I'm a bit confused though. None of the online seat maps seem to match what I see in manage my booking. According to Iberia, the cabin has 9 rows of J seats, 4 seats per row. I'm struggling to find any feedback about whether row 1 is a good choice with this layout.

I believe that this route has the new Premium Economy seats which I guess has caused a shift in business class.

Anyone able to shed some light on this? Specifically I'd like to know which row would be best suited to a family of 3, given that we'll be spread out across an aisle. I'm also conscious that the seating is 'staggered' so curious about the implications of that for 3 people too.

As an aside, after having chosen the seats I don't seem to be able to change them again in Iberia MMB, although maybe I've overlooked something.

Ultimately I'm very much looking forward to flying in IB Business Class and comparing with BA. It certainly looks like a step-up
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:45 pm

For a family of 3, I'd have one parent and the little one in the 'honeymoon' seats and another across the aisle.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
For a family of 3, I'd have one parent and the little one in the 'honeymoon' seats and another across the aisle.
Thanks - yes th?at's what we've gone with. Any intel about row 1 or should we go further back?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Question Lounge Access ORD (Flying IB in biz)

Flying IB (for the first time) next Spring ORD-MAD-LIS in business class (via Avios).
My lounge app is showing access to the AA Flagship lounge in ORD.
Is that correct????

(I have no status with OW alliance.)

Thank you.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:55 am

That's right. It's the new, upgraded lounge but it is accessible to business class passengers.

I haven't been through Chicago recently but supposedly it's quite nice.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
That's right. It's the new, upgraded lounge but it is accessible to business class passengers.

I haven't been through Chicago recently but supposedly it's quite nice.
Thanks for confirming.

Will take the slightly earlier CLE-ORD positioning flight to enjoy the new FlAAgship Lounge.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:00 pm

Billken- headed to MAD and BCN in March. I'm in Shaker.. not to too often you find a neighbor here!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: QF WP
flying to London Heathrow from Johannesburg via Madrid all on IB do I need to go through passport control on arrival at 4S ?....I understand that IB fly to LHR from T4 so wondering how to transit on arrival....thanks for your help in advance
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:13 pm

As you are disembarking there will be someone asking about connections (or more probably just yelling 'tránsito' with no other context) part way up the jet bridge. Show them the JNB boarding pass and then you get bussed directly to T4S avoiding having to walk to the train and, most importantly, the immigration check there.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: QF WP
thanks but we are arriving into T4S from J'Borg and then flying IB to London from T4 so do you think we will be bussed over to T4 or will we need to go via passport control even though in transit to non schengen ( London ) ??
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:36 am

Sorry, I got your routing backwards. In that case you will just take the connection route into T4S where you will be given a gate to be taken to the LHR flight directly by bus. If you have lounge access, that means you can use the Velázquez lounge. Though if you don't have any issues with Schengen entry (i.e. no visa needed) then it's really not much more difficult to just take the train yourself and reclear again at the gate area (some people like extra stamps, after all). That would leave you with the Dalí lounge which is the Schengen lounge and a bit more tired but still good (assuming there aren't another thousand or so people in there) however we are all waiting for news of its renovation at some point soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.