Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia baggage claim at Madrid

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2010, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Question Iberia baggage claim at Madrid

My domestic Iberia flight from asturias is scheduled to arrive Madrid at 9:35am on Friday August 27. How many minutes later should I expect to pick up my checked luggage? Don't know if flight arrives at T4 or T4S.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: IB Platinum, LH FF, JK Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat/IC Amb, Hertz #1 PC
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
My domestic Iberia flight from asturias is scheduled to arrive Madrid at 9:35am on Friday August 27. How many minutes later should I expect to pick up my checked luggage? Don't know if flight arrives at T4 or T4S.
Expect and average of 30-40 minutes after arrival time, note that from arriving gates to baggage claim could be 5-15 minutes, so "real" waiting time beside the carrousel use to be around 20 min.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
As a data point, I flew FCO-MAD last Saturday and baggage claim took 50 minutes. Flew business class so was off the plane and at baggage claim very quickly. Half of the baggage came on one carousel, many passengers did not see their bags and then luggage from a different flight began on the same carousel. Much confusion.

My bags were tagged with a priority tag in FCO

I thought the bags were not loaded at FCO but when I went to baggage assistance, (after many keystrokes from the agent), they mentioned that they were in MAD, just on carousel 6 not 13 (which the monitor said). I was more glad that the bags made it at all, so I didn't cause a scene
Old Aug 18, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Juliusgg
Expect and average of 30-40 minutes after arrival time, note that from arriving gates to baggage claim could be 5-15 minutes, so "real" waiting time beside the carrousel use to be around 20 min.
In my experience bags from T4S take at least 1 hour to arrive at the belts in T4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.