Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, LHR/LGW (and probably other non-Schengen T4 departures) flights also "board" from T4S where you will be taken by bus to the aircraft. Therefore, the airport screens in T4S, when you arrive, will show an S gate for your flight, even though in reality it is departing from H1-H13 (T4).

Disembark, clear security in T4S, go down the escalator, enter Sala Velázquez, stay for as long as you wish, go to your S "gate" when your flight is boarding.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:44 pm

This is very helpful BA6501. I did notice our flight to London Iberia 3160 departs from H4.

Maybe a follow up question, from LHR we will connect with BA to the US. Can we check baggage all the way to the US from RAK?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
No problem to check if all on a single ticket.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
Is it possible to stay overnight in the Velázquez lounge if you've got a longhaul IB J ticket for the next day?

I'm thinking of flying LGW-MAD, arriving Friday night at 23.35, then the next day flying MAD-JFK on IB6253, departing 16.10

Could I save on a hotel room by staying in the Velázquez lounge overnight, then going landside in the morning to spend a day in Madrid before my JFK flight?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:12 am

I would think it should be possible if you're fine sleeping on the nap beds (not flat)
Chokkoubin likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by Chokkoubin
Is it possible to stay overnight in the Velázquez lounge if you've got a longhaul IB J ticket for the next day?

I'm thinking of flying LGW-MAD, arriving Friday night at 23.35, then the next day flying MAD-JFK on IB6253, departing 16.10

Could I save on a hotel room by staying in the Velázquez lounge overnight, then going landside in the morning to spend a day in Madrid before my JFK flight?
I have done this before, and will do it again at the beginning of next year. I think the rule basically is you can use the lounge on the same day as your flight, regardless of how long that ends up being.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS 100K
does the newly reno T4 Dali lounge have showers? Reading the lounge page on the IB site makes me think yes.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
does the newly reno T4 Dali lounge have showers? Reading the lounge page on the IB site makes me think yes.
It has always had them.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by jackr27
I have done this before, and will do it again at the beginning of next year. I think the rule basically is you can use the lounge on the same day as your flight, regardless of how long that ends up being.
Does anyone know if the newly reopened Dali lounge opens 24 hours? If I understand recent posts on this thread correctly, if you have an overnight transit you're fine to sleep in a lounge if your onward flight departs from T4S, because Velasquez is open 24 hours, but you can't sleep in a lounge if your onward flight departs from T4, because the Dali lounge doesn't open until the next morning. Iberia's website (https://www.iberia.com/gb/iberia-madrid-vip-lounges/) suggests both lounges are now open 24 hours, but it's a little ambiguous. I'd be grateful to hear any recent experiences of opening times.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:11 pm

hi, we are flying business from bos-mad. We are connecting with Ryan Air to Malta. Are we permitted in any lounge? No priority pass.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can use the Arrivals lounge in T4, before going to T1.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501
You can use the Arrivals lounge in T4, before going to T1.
thank you..how much time would you recommend from leaving the lounge to flight in T1? 2 hours?
no checked bags, will have boarding passes, 10:10 flight

Last edited by theplayer; Jan 17, 2019 at 7:32 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by theplayer
thank you..how much time would you recommend from leaving the lounge to flight in T1? 2 hours?
no checked bags, will have boarding passes, 10:10 flight
If you're already landside, 2 hours is probably good. But it's not a lounge you'll want to spend a lot of time in. Good for a shower and a quick bite but not that much else. Serves it's purpose well as an arrivals lounge.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, 2 hours should be more than fine. Allow 15 minutes to get to T1. With boarding passes (assuming EU nationality) and no bags, you really don't need to be at T1 more than 60-75 minutes before departure. Give yourself an extra buffer if you wish considering the time of day, but the main bottleneck would be immigration, I presume, which you would not need to deal with in your case. Security is always quite slick in MAD (5-10 minutes maximum).
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
Yes, 2 hours should be more than fine. Allow 15 minutes to get to T1. With boarding passes (assuming EU nationality) and no bags, you really don't need to be at T1 more than 60-75 minutes before departure. Give yourself an extra buffer if you wish considering the time of day, but the main bottleneck would be immigration, I presume, which you would not need to deal with in your case. Security is always quite slick in MAD (5-10 minutes maximum).
US citizens..so we would need to go through immigration at T1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.