Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: QF
Any hint of a reopening date?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:25 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
@UAflyerUK:

A few days ago, the directed me to the business center as well, stating I had enough time. Not only is the business center quite a walk away and requires you to do another security check, it is also pathetic.

As the food in the business center was inedible, I went back to the desk at the closed Dali lounge. Without me needing to request it, a different agent gave me a voucher right away. I assume he did that as it was closer to the departure time stated on my BP.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:04 am

Lol this sounds like chaos. No updates in here for a couple of weeks, any opening dates for Dali lounge being talked about? I am flying 1st week of November.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold
I was there a couple of days ago and I’ve been told it will reopen on October 15th
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: AA EXP
I’m at MAD now and it’s still closed - I didn’t ask for the reopening date. I’m happy to report that there were no issues using the Plaza Mayor lounge with paid access through Premium Traveler on a Wednesday morning. When I was checking in to the lounge several other people were turned away and told to go to the Dali lounge without any mention that that lounge was actually closed. Thanks to this forum I was prepared!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze, AVIS Preferred Plus
Hi Guys, i have a question concerning the T4S lounge.

In two weeks i will do LGW-MAD-BCN, with an over night stay at MAD (coming in at midnight leaving at 6am the next day). I would like to stay in the T4S lounge to take a short nap. Unfortunately, as far as I know, I dont have access to it due to the fact that i only have a MAD-BCN boarding pass at this moment. Am I write?

Anyone a solution for this problem? I dont want to leave the aiport and get a hotel for a layover of only 6 hours

Thanks, Maze
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Correct - you will not have access to T4S. The T4 lounge closes overnight (if it's even open by then), so that's not an option either. Anyway, if your profile info is correct, unless you are in J you do not have lounge access.

You could look at the Premium Traveller Air Rooms in T4 by the metro station.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, AVIS Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by BA6501
Correct - you will not have access to T4S. The T4 lounge closes overnight (if it's even open by then), so that's not an option either. Anyway, if your profile info is correct, unless you are in J you do not have lounge access.

You could look at the Premium Traveller Air Rooms in T4 by the metro station.
Thank you for the confirmation. I forgot to say that I actually am flying J to get from bronze to silver. I will try to somehow change my travel plans to avoid the over night layover
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I suppose that explains the routing then! If you aren't aware, do note that MAD-BCN only earns 20 TPs, in case you were expecting 40.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
MAD lounge dilemma today

We had a layover of a bit more than 2 hours and visited the T4 Iberia lounge, only to find that it is closed for remodeling. Some ‘dry mannered’ personnel told us at the desk and gave us a voucher to the Grill next door. That Grill was refunctioning as a temporary lounge, but had pretty much nothing to offer, not even bottled water or wifi service.
Adding to the insult was, that everyone had to leave this restaurant, ‘closed!’
We spent a total of 10 minutes in there and were sent back to the crowds. What did everyone else do and what did they offer?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by IsleSeat
Adding to the insult was, that everyone had to leave this restaurant, ‘closed!’
We spent a total of 10 minutes in there and were sent back to the crowds. What did everyone else do and what did they offer?
I've merged this post into the main thread for this, and if you look at post 614 above there is a similar experience. Can you perhaps share the time when this happened? Since other FTers could use one of the other cafés if they were near this time. Hopefully it won't go on for much longer, the new lounge is supposedly going to reopen in the next few weeks (I don't have a precise date).

CWS/mod
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: QR Gold, HH Diamond, Melia Gold, Accor Silver, Amex Plat AT
For those of you who have an overnight stopover at T4 (lounge closed anyway during night) on a schengen flight and dont want to pay for the exorbitant hotel prices, it could be worthwhile looking at Airbnb.
There are possibilities in the immediate vicinity of the airport. I decided not to stay 10hrs in T4 and just booked myself for EUR 25 1 metro station away from the airport. That should more than fulfill its purpose.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Any updates on the T4 lounge? There were some comments elsewhere that it opens on monday 15th of October , coincidentally the day I am next passing through Madrid.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
FYI - I'm just in the Business Centre in T4 now and am told the Dali lounge is due to be reopened tomorrow.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Today is October 15!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.