Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I was previously told it would be done at once, as there is only one kitchen (rather than T4S where there is one on each side).
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald (BA)
Lounge alternatives

Two manned desks outside the closed lounge handing out vouchers for a drink and food item from various retail outlets.

Non-Schengen Iberia Lounge in T4S can’t be used for Schengen flights during the renovation (as always).

Expected re-opening maybe by mid October.

I have used the Plaza Major lounge with Priority Pass instead. Not too busy at 7.30pm on a weekday.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I was afraid this would happen just before my next trip... I am flying JFK-MAD-ACE in September. Can anyone confirm if there are showers in the Plaza Mayor lounge? I'm finding conflicting info online. Also it doesn't look possible to just buy a one day pass currently due to "capacity restrictions". Will Priority Pass still work in this instance?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:50 pm

They haven't sold passes for a while, but so far they have always accepted Priority Pass.
BA1321 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
This is pathetic. I flew a family member in to Spain this week in business class with a connection in MAD after a long connecting flight on AA from the US west coast and she was unable to get a shower and breakfast. I would have routed her differently had i know.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
This is pathetic. I flew a family member in to Spain this week in business class with a connection in MAD after a long connecting flight on AA from the US west coast and she was unable to get a shower and breakfast. I would have routed her differently had i know.
I agree it's not great to have no provision at all for Schengen flights during this period. I too would have routed differently (through LGW) if I had known, especially as my arrival time into ACE is not paramount. I'll put it down to "live and learn" I suppose, but it definitely irks me.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
So if one is flying LAX-MAD-somewhere in Spain in J there is no lounge available in MAD?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:05 pm

The Pepino Grilling - next door to the T4 lounge - has been commandeered by Iberia for breakfast hours (6am - ). Newspaper stand is moved in. Espresso coffee machine, fresh juice, baby croissants and sandwiches. Voucher from entrance to T4 lounge desk to enter.

Last edited by abitwild; Aug 11, 2018 at 6:33 am
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
There is the AENA lounge with PP access.

Also, I don't know if they would let you into the arrivals lounge for a shower. Since you need to do security anyway and have already gone through immigration at that point, there's no advantage to following the connection route rather than just going landside other than saving a few steps.

I know one of the conditions for the arrivals lounge is the final destination is MAD, but I don't think they check itineraries and you can just hand the J boarding pass.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by BA1321
Can anyone confirm if there are showers in the Plaza Mayor lounge?
Yes - Plaza Mayor has two shower rooms - complimentary (at least with Dragon Pass). I took one this morning. Plenty of space - about twice the size of the shower rooms at LHR Cathay T3. It's a good lounge. For anyone not used to the layout of T4 and its super signage, the lounge is located next door to McDonalds - opposite gates J44/J45. Head for J44. Find McDonalds, and the lounge doors are at the end of the passageway to the left.
ReadystEDIgo likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by abitwild
Yes - Plaza Mayor has two shower rooms - complimentary (at least with Dragon Pass). I took one this morning. Plenty of space - about twice the size of the shower rooms at LHR Cathay T3. It's a good lounge. For anyone not used to the layout of T4 and its super signage, the lounge is located next door to McDonalds - opposite gates J44/J45. Head for J44. Find McDonalds, and the lounge doors are at the end of the passageway to the left.
Excellent information, thank you! This is my first time connecting in MAD so I truly appreciate the insights here.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:26 pm

newbie to lounges..flying IB Bos-MAD in Business booked with Avios, landing T4s. We are connecting to Malta via Ryan Air in T1 with 4 hour layover. Can we access lounges..if so, what one? thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
You could theoretically use the arrivals lounge, but that's not nearly as long of a layover as you think. If your bag actually comes out quick (I've had good luck with the priority tag recently), then you might have time to pop in for a quick shower. But you need to plan on waiting for the bus plus a 20 minute bus ride to T1. Also, don't forget to go to the visa check counter before security. (It's a little window to the right of the main Ryanair check in area).

If you have Priority Pass, you can use the recently renovated Puerta de Alcalá lounge in T2 (connected airside to T1) available for Schengen flights.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
You could theoretically use the arrivals lounge, but that's not nearly as long of a layover as you think. If your bag actually comes out quick (I've had good luck with the priority tag recently), then you might have time to pop in for a quick shower. But you need to plan on waiting for the bus plus a 20 minute bus ride to T1. Also, don't forget to go to the visa check counter before security. (It's a little window to the right of the main Ryanair check in area).

If you have Priority Pass, you can use the recently renovated Puerta de Alcalá lounge in T2 (connected airside to T1) available for Schengen flights.
thanks for the reply..We travel light, no checked bags. Is the arrival lounge just for people flying business or higher?
My wife has priority pass card from a credit card, hasn't expired but not sure if it needs to be activated. Would both of us be allowed into lounge?(guessing no).
I think the best plan is to head straight from T4s to T4 to the arrival lounge.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:03 am

Anyone had any 'alternative' lounge experience in T4 mid afternoon recently? We are flying business LHR-MAD-GRX next week and wondering what to expect on the 2 hour connection?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.