Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:35 am

I was here yesterday as well as last Sat. They have at least finished installing the doors on the toilets. It was an absolute zoo yesterday and I think the design just makes it feel crowdedz
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by tski
I was here yesterday as well as last Sat. They have at least finished installing the doors on the toilets. It was an absolute zoo yesterday and I think the design just makes it feel crowdedz
Yes it does give the impression of being more crowded. Before I liked the lay out and the various food and drink stations it split it up. Now the mass seating makes it look like urban sprawl. I was there for two hours and it went from being packed to only 30% full then to 100% full again. Hopefully when the other section is finished it will make it a bit more tolerable.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
And the food options outside meal times (wasn't there during a meal time) seem to have decreased - no more e.g. pasta salad, fewer sandwiches, no more ice cream, no more wine bar (though this may be returning on the other side).
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by BA6501
And the food options outside meal times (wasn't there during a meal time) seem to have decreased - no more e.g. pasta salad, fewer sandwiches, no more ice cream, no more wine bar (though this may be returning on the other side).
Did you make it all the way around to the dining room in back? I didn't have a good look back there but it looked like there was a fair bit more selection there.

I'm reserving final judgement until I see the whole thing opened together.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:02 am

When I first arrived there were breakfast items, omelette, mushrooms and bacon. There were also wraps and sandwiches in plastic containers. Around 2pm they brought out rice,chicken and fish with vegetables. They also had a full pasta, salad bar throughout my visit.

I guess with the refurb things maybe a bit erratic at first. I hope they bring the wine bar back also.

While I was there some workers were doing things to the flatscreen TV's. One guy stepped back and knocked into the drinks trolley with liquor on top and glasses underneath. Around 10 glasses smashed much to the annoyance of the cleaning staff.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Did you make it all the way around to the dining room in back? I didn't have a good look back there but it looked like there was a fair bit more selection there.
I did, it was tensa-d off. This was 16:30-18:30 or so.

Originally Posted by DELLAS
When I first arrived there were breakfast items, omelette, mushrooms and bacon. There were also wraps and sandwiches in plastic containers. Around 2pm they brought out rice,chicken and fish with vegetables. They also had a full pasta, salad bar throughout my visit.
The salad bar with cheese/salmon was there, but the usual pasta salads etc that used to be there too were not this time. We'll see!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
This "upgrade" is definitely a downgrade. Gone are the self service bars. No more ice cream. This was always a highlight after coming off a plane.

Also they removed the showers on this side. For the life of me I can't understand why they didn't redo the other side first. Unless they are not replacing the showers and just getting rid of them all together. Staff said they are installing new ones on the other side. I find that hard to believe as they would have to install all new water pipes but we will see. If they are actually installing new showers it makes no sense not to start with the other side that way there would have been no time without showers.

And then o spend all the time and money on this remodel and keep the same old furniture that is falling apart doesn't make sense.

I'll try to share some photos later but I sure hope once both sides are done they replace the furniture. That's what has been needed
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by conklaven

I'll try to share some photos later but I sure hope once both sides are done they replace the furniture. That's what has been needed
Yes from the photos and descriptions so far it really doesn't sound great although I've not seen it yet myself.

Here's hoping the end result once it's all done will be an improvement.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This "upgrade" is definitely a downgrade. Gone are the self service bars. No more ice cream. This was always a highlight after coming off a plane.

Is it only a staffed bar now? That's going to be mobbed, too unless they have a lot of people working.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is it only a staffed bar now? That's going to be mobbed, too unless they have a lot of people working.
Its worse than that... Its a table no bigger than a Large Pizza with 3 bottles of liquor... Thats all.... I didnt see any other alcohol besides a few cans of beer in one of the fridges.

Happy Lounging
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:05 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Its worse than that... Its a table no bigger than a Large Pizza with 3 bottles of liquor... Thats all.... I didnt see any other alcohol besides a few cans of beer in one of the fridges.

Happy Lounging
Wow - this is baaaad...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

Happy Lounging
Maybe it's temporary??
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
We're flying out of MAD next Spring (AA), returning to connect to IB flight to ALC. We have quite a long layover on return and I read that the Dali lounge is next for refurbishment and wondered how long that might take (living in Spain I realise that is not that easy to predict!!)?

It looks like Velazquez should be completed in time for our outwards flight though. But we will need a lounge on our return! Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is slated to reopen mid-December. I'd give it till early Jan or so. You definitely don't need to worry about it.
johnash likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Spent some time in the lounge in T4S on Saturday. The guy on the desk thinks it will all be finished sometime next month.

He says it will be a vast improvement once finished.

There are still quite a lot of things to be added and plenty of new furniture to come in.

Seems like some of us have been prujudging things.

I had some decent food and a few bars and a glass of decent albarino. No complaints here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.