Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:49 pm

I never put the ice cream in a bowl. It never lasts that long
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
I never put the ice cream in a bowl. It never lasts that long
I hear you! But if you want to make an affogato - ice cream with espresso - the bowl is a good idea One of the benefits of having a self-serve setup!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
The wraps have to be the worst part of the lounge. I find them absolutely disgusting. I don't know that I've ever seen them not soggy from being out WAY too long.

Though I think a lot will be running low if you're there until 2200 since they'll be getting ready to close for the day.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I've got a Ryanair flight which gets into to Madrid just after midnight, and then a BA flight at around 11. Is there a sleeping area (like in the Dalí VIP Lounge) in the Velázquez VIP Lounge? And what time to they wheel out the hot breakfast?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
There is a relaxation area. I believe the hot breakfast comes out at 9:30.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6501
There is a relaxation area. I believe the hot breakfast comes out at 9:30.
Great! Thanks BA6501 ^
Old Nov 9, 2016, 12:41 pm

Will be flying business from ORD-MAD-FCO with like a 7 hour layover in MAD. Not sure what terminal in MAD we will be in but would like to know which is the best lounge to spend the time. Not sure if we want to leave and explore the city a little but that's a consideration. Thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Your only lounge choice is the Dalí lounge in T4 main. But I would definitely go to the city. You can get there on the Cercanías line for 2,60€ each way if a taxi seems too steep.

If you want to save an hour or so in the round trip (assuming you arrive outside of rush hour), a taxi is 30€ fixed fare each way.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Your only lounge choice is the Dalí lounge in T4 main. But I would definitely go to the city. You can get there on the Cercanías line for 2,60€ each way if a taxi seems too steep.

If you want to save an hour or so in the round trip (assuming you arrive outside of rush hour), a taxi is 30€ fixed fare each way.
Thanks. We land at 7:30am and take off for FCO at 3:55pm.

Any suggestions on what we should see? I'm assuming that there won't be an issue leaving and coming back into the airport, correct?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by amyers
Thanks. We land at 7:30am and take off for FCO at 3:55pm.

Any suggestions on what we should see? I'm assuming that there won't be an issue leaving and coming back into the airport, correct?
No issues with returning to the airport.

Eat some tapas and see whatever you're interested in
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:17 am

Thanks all for the input regarding Madrid. Looks like we may hit Plaza Mayor and just stroll around. Last question, when should we leave that area in order to catch our 3:55pm flight to FCO?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:24 am

Oh, lastly....the Dali lounge, if we want to go to the city center, does this lounge have a luggage storage area that's secure? I mean, we will have some carryon items that we may not want to lug around with us.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by amyers
Oh, lastly....the Dali lounge, if we want to go to the city center, does this lounge have a luggage storage area that's secure? I mean, we will have some carryon items that we may not want to lug around with us.
You are not supposed to leave baggage in the lounge. There is a left luggage in T4.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:12 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to exit T4S to landside from the departures area? I'm asking because I have a very long transit (T4->T4S) and would like to use the lounge in T4S before heading into the city for a few hours.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Originally Posted by dustbuster
Does anyone know if it's possible to exit T4S to landside from the departures area? I'm asking because I have a very long transit (T4->T4S) and would like to use the lounge in T4S before heading into the city for a few hours.
You have to get back to the main terminal on the satellite shuttle train before being able to exit the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.