Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 8:35 am

You could also go landside to the Premium Air Rooms. It's basically a mini hotel, where you can book a room for day use or just pay for the lounge and shower, but I don't know the price (the room is € 65, but I get an error if I try to book just a shower on their webpage: http://www.premium-traveller.com/en/...ona/air-shower). You can write to [email protected] and ask.

The showers are very nice (the place doubles as IB's arrival lounge for IB elites and premium passengers).

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
There is the Plaza Mayor lounge (formerly La Revoltosa) but they do not have showers.
By the way, have you checked out this lounge after the refurbishment?
Old May 26, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Yllanes
By the way, have you checked out this lounge after the refurbishment?
I had never even been in the old one, to be honest. I just know it's by the McDonald's.
Old May 26, 2016, 2:16 pm

The newly renovated lounges in T4 and T4S should be now completed or about to be completed. Was there a couple months ago and they were taking shape nicely.

I know this is an "Iberia Lounges" thread but would be useful if anybody swinging by can provide any information.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: DL Plat
Flying IB again in a few weeks and was hoping the board could clarify.

Flying MEX > MAD in J with a 2.5 hour layover connect to MAD > BCN in Y.

According the website we have access to the Arrival Lounge but it seems quite small. Is it possible to gain entry to one of the departure lounges if coming from a J flight? Mostly interesting in a good shower and hot meal.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
According the website we have access to the Arrival Lounge but it seems quite small. Is it possible to gain entry to one of the departure lounges if coming from a J flight? Mostly interesting in a good shower and hot meal.
Yes. You arrive in T4S, go through passport control, train to T4 and security and you will be able to use the lounge in T4.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
Quick lounge report:

I visited the IB lounge at Terminal 4 RSU the other day, and it was very nice. Access to the lounge was quick and easy, and it is a very impressive-looking lounge with accommodations for many. The spirits and wine bars were execellent, and offered some nice choices for those who have a preference for certain drinks. The food options were okay. Nothing bad; nothing spectacular. But it was possible to make a good meal out of the options. My only complaint was the lack of desserts. If there was a dessert bar, then I completely missed it.

Other points: seating was limited, but there had to have been at least 500 people in the lounge at that time of evening. Outlets were plentiful. WIFI was meh. It slowed down at one point, so I hopped off for 20 minutes then got back on.

Overall, a really nice lounge. Next time I visit, I'll do my own private wine tasting.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1.6 MM
sister arrive PTY-MAD on Iberia Biz at around 10AM. Then we depart to Marrakech on Ryanair at 10PM. Will their biz class tix allow them access to the departure lounge on T4 or are they only allowed access to the arrivals lounge? It seems that the arrivals lounge is a pretty small space, not sure it'd be fun to spend 12 hours there. I'm ExP but I don't get in from LAX until 7PM.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by DZONELB
sister arrive PTY-MAD on Iberia Biz at around 10AM. Then we depart to Marrakech on Ryanair at 10PM. Will their biz class tix allow them access to the departure lounge on T4 or are they only allowed access to the arrivals lounge? It seems that the arrivals lounge is a pretty small space, not sure it'd be fun to spend 12 hours there. I'm ExP but I don't get in from LAX until 7PM.
Only the arrivals lounge, which is very good for a shower but not a place to spend 12 hours (because it's just the showers and a breakfast room). After that, I would really recommend going to the city, I wouldn't spend 12 hours in any lounge.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by DZONELB
Yeah, useful for a shower, but they should really take the cercanías train into the city. You can get directly to Sol with just a quick change in Nuevos Ministerios.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 1:26 pm

Hi guys got a question got a flight (AA)CLT -> MAD(Iberia) -> BIO in J what lounges can I access? Also for what it is worth i am AA plat member dont know if that plays in at all. I got a 12+h layover and would love some food and maybe a nap
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by crichar
Hi guys got a question got a flight (AA)CLT -> MAD(Iberia) -> BIO in J what lounges can I access? Also for what it is worth i am AA plat member dont know if that plays in at all. I got a 12+h layover and would love some food and maybe a nap
Assuming that you don't want to go to the city (which is what I would do, unless I had a lot of urgent work to do, because 12 h in a lounge seem too many), you would just cross the border, take the train to T4 (gates HJK), go through the security checkpoint and then to the lounge. You do not have access to the lounge in T4S, but the one in T4 has showers and beds.

Notice that, since you do not go through customs in MAD, your checked bags in BIO will come out on a separate belt.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Hope someone can advise us.
(1) Arriving on Qatar at MAD at 2120h. The IB flight (MAD-ALC) next morning departs at 0800h. We hold One World Emerald (Qatar) plus Iberia Oro Card. Is there any way one can stay in the lounge overnight?
(2) On the return route, Qatar leaves MAD at 1000h, hence as we are coming up from Alicante, we must do so the evening before. Any way we can check into the lounge the night before?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:43 am

On the way to Alicante, you won't be able to access T4S which is where the 24 hour lounge is.

On the way back to Doha, you should be able to get in and spend the night there.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Thank you LupineChemist for your advice. My flight on QR out of Madrid is at 1000h in the morning. Do you think they will let me go through security and customs to get into the T4S lounge already the night before? I shall have done the online checkin and printed my boarding pass, plus I shall only have hand luggage to simplify things.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:16 am

You have no security or customs to get through, just passport control. They should let you since you have a valid boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.