Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dal
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velzquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincn del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Presumably the beers in the fridge stay there all the time and it's just restocked. They are ok till opened and then it's one per person. Spirits will stay useable once opened. Opening a bottle of wine and putting it in an ice bucket puts a use by time on it, especially if sparkling and it will need to be put out and removed each day so needs more monitoring and intervention.

Sorry can't help about really early, I try not to travel back from Mad too early, even 10:30 was early for me and only because of limited reward availability.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
That's typically when they put it out. Im talking about 7-8am. Just weird that wine comes later, but beer and liquor stays out.
From my experience no, aside from the little wine bottles I've seen with the soft drinks (I think they're just extras they're trying to get rid of now that they have the bigger bottles of wine later in the day)...the beer fridges are locked and the big bottles of wine aren't offered. perhaps if you ask someone nicely they might let you grab some beers but not sure they'd open the bottles of wine, since some people might see then have a domino effect, but it's worth asking
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by jonr405
Does anyone know if the Velsquez lounge is open overnight anymore? I did it pre covid, but the hours are now posted 6am to 1am. I land at Madrid next Monday evening and then fly out Tuesday morning. Haven't been through the lounge since covid. Are the sleep rooms still available?

Thank you

​​
Does anyone know what current opening hours are and if there's sleep areas?
Thanks in advance
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by justflyaway
Does anyone know what current opening hours are and if there's sleep areas?
Thanks in advance
As of a week ago, it was 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. I was politely asked to leave around 12.30 a.m., by which time I was the only guest inside as far as I could tell. They encouraged me to take whatever I wanted from the fridge and buffet area (which had been mostly cleared at this point except for some fruit and crisps/nuts) on my way out, and to be back at 6.
jonr405 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
In the Dali lounge there is a very nice new setup in the bar area, with 3 or 4 manned kiosks offering "gourmet" tapas and sweets. They also removed the coaches and put wooden tables.
Anyone know how long it will last? Me & husband really liked the offerings, but didn't ask if it was a special occasion or else.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I wanted to add that even the non-Schengen lounge is no longer self-service. There is someone to save you from Covid and pour you a drink. Luckily, if you want wine, you can use one of the machines in the back on your own. Makes no sense.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I wanted to add that even the non-Schengen lounge is no longer self-service. There is someone to save you from Covid and pour you a drink. Luckily, if you want wine, you can use one of the machines in the back on your own. Makes no sense.
I guess you are referring to the bar, since food and non-alcoholic drinks have gone back to self service a while ago. The bar is served, but if the waiter is not present you can help yourself (he told me explicitly). For me, its rather an additional service feature. I have no issue with it.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by swiss_global
I guess you are referring to the bar, since food and non-alcoholic drinks have gone back to self service a while ago. The bar is served, but if the waiter is not present you can help yourself (he told me explicitly). For me, its rather an additional service feature. I have no issue with it.
I know someone who hates when buffets are staffed and you have to ask for what you want, because they feel judged when they ask for a bigger helping of something or go back again for more. Maybe the poster who hates staffed bars feels judged when they go back for more and more, or prefer to pour into a large glass instead of a bar glass?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:32 am
Suspended

What food offering can we expect 19:30-20:30 in either lounge on a weekday? The wiki text implies not a lot in the T4S lounge??

Lunch buffet 14:00 16:30
Dinner 21:00 onwards
Bistro 21:00 - 00:30
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
4 hours to kill after arrival (JFK-MAD J on IB) at MAD, what to do?

My GF flies BOG-MAD and lands at 10a. I arrive at 6a on the JFK-MAD flight. Both of us flying IB in J on award tickets booked directly with IB Avios.

From what I can tell, IB no longer has a contract for the Arrivals VIP lounge of level 1 of T4.

Any suggestions from on how to kill 3-4 hours waiting for her?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by vivrant
My GF flies BOG-MAD and lands at 10a. I arrive at 6a on the JFK-MAD flight. Both of us flying IB in J on award tickets booked directly with IB Avios.

From what I can tell, IB no longer has a contract for the Arrivals VIP lounge of level 1 of T4.

My understanding (but not actual experience) is that the arrivals lounge is still there, it's just no longer complimentary to IB customers. So perhaps you can just go there and ask for a day pass.
vivrant likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by swiss_global
My understanding (but not actual experience) is that the arrivals lounge is still there, it's just no longer complimentary to IB customers. So perhaps you can just go there and ask for a day pass.
So I checked their website Air Rooms Madrid

Premium Traveller. Air Rooms Madrid. Rooms located within the airport

1- day passes dont seem to be available for the day I need (nor even the days during that same week or other random days I tried)

2- in any event, I land at 6am and it says Day Use (3 to 6 hours, available from 10:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.)

Guess Ill be finding a McDonalds and bathing in their sneaker water McCafe 😫
Old Jun 25, 2022, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vivrant

You book a cheap Avios (or money) flight to any IB destination departing on the day. You go back airside and wait in the Dali departures lounge. (I think they have showers as well) Once she arrives you just follow the signs to Arrivals and meet her at the luggage carrousel.
BA6501 and LupineChemist like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
So not really finding a clear answer elsewhere but was wondering if either of these lounges provide day passes, and if so, how much one would cost.

It’ll be my first time flying on Iberia (and first time going to Spain) later this year, and from what I am seeing, my guess is that I will fly out of T4 rather than T4S (Schengen flight to HAM). I’ll be flying in economy, no OW status, and no big deal if Iberia doesn’t sell day passes (or they are very expensive), I’ll just use the Plaza Mayor Priority Pass lounge instead.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
The only lounges that sell day passes are the AENA lounges but, as you mentioned, they also accept priority pass.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.