Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Flying round trip BOS-MAD (first time in MAD) in October. I'll be in PE but have OW Sapphire status so I should be able to enter the lounge base on status.
I also have Priority Pass.
Based on what I read, MAD-BOS (don't need an arrivals lounge) will leave from T4S, correct?
Assuming yes, my two lounge options are Valezquez (IB/OW) and Neptuno (PP), correct?

Which is better? Make sense to lounge hop?

Just looking to confirm
Thank you
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I'd say Velázquez hands down. Unless it's just too crowded. Neptuno gets crowded later for the EK flight.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Am I right that I can enter the T4S lounge at 00:01 for an afternoon departure (non-Schengen flight in J)? I arrive at 23:00 and normally I would go for a hotel but the prices (last weekend of September) are ridiculously high.

Also, can I check in luggage before I enter the lounge? I'll try to travel HBO but perhaps will not be able to do that.
Hi

Did you get an answer, I have a similar scenario, arrive at MAD at 22:30 and have a flight next morning, and wondering if I can access the Iberia T4S lounge from 00:01 and save a night's hotel cost and hassle with the shuttle bus.

I am flying Iberia economy but have OWS status
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
Hi

Did you get an answer, I have a similar scenario, arrive at MAD at 22:30 and have a flight next morning, and wondering if I can access the Iberia T4S lounge from 00:01 and save a night's hotel cost and hassle with the shuttle bus.

I am flying Iberia economy but have OWS status
...and... Did you get an answer 😛

I arrive at 23:00 this evening and leave at 08:00 tomorrow; €300 seems too much hassle for a hotel so am hoping to lounge hop. OWE in J?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Am I right that I can enter the T4S lounge at 00:01 for an afternoon departure (non-Schengen flight in J)? I arrive at 23:00 and normally I would go for a hotel but the prices (last weekend of September) are ridiculously high.
Are you sure the lounge runs 24h?

I am in a similar situation and finally booked the AC(Marriott) with points.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold
Are there any areas in the Dali lounge to get some sleep? Any private quiet areas in the lounge? I have PP and Playa Mayor lounge is an option as well.
I'm getting off a BOS-MAD flight at 6:40am and connecting onto SVQ at 11:50pm.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bichoo
Are there any areas in the Dali lounge to get some sleep? Any private quiet areas in the lounge? I have PP and Playa Mayor lounge is an option as well.
I'm getting off a BOS-MAD flight at 6:40am and connecting onto SVQ at 11:50pm.
There is a quiet room, first come first served basis. The sofas (divan style) are OK if you just want to lie down and you're not over 180cm/6ft. Once you pass the front desk, turn left. You'll find them at the end of the lounge, after the press stand and the left-luggage room.

The "rooms" are divided with walls and a curtain for privacy.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
I have used the quite room before (not for a night sleep, though) and it is perfectly fine. The only concern is that there are about 10 sofas so you cannot be sure there will be one available.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Arriving BOS-MAD in Business class and connecting to PMI in J as well.
Would like to use the bigger/better Velaz lounge in 4S despite the Schengen flight leaving from 4. It seems the agents would prefer to direct me to 4 and not let me stay in 4S?
Any recent experiences or recommendations for what I should do. Would really like to visit Iberia's flagship lounge on this inbound itinerary.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You'll need to use the lounge in T4.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Yes you have to go to the T4 Dalí lounge.

I don't think you would be allowed into the T4S departure hall without a T4S boarding pass.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
I'm just in the Velasquez lounge now and can't find any ice cream!!! Has it been enhanced away a la Señor Cruz? It's been a while since I came through MAD?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It's hit and miss. Try the other end of the lounge.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
First time in the Dali lounge (t4) today, wondering if there are any hot food provided in the lounge at all? Thank you!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ThrowingBoeing
I'm just in the Velasquez lounge now and can't find any ice cream!!! Has it been enhanced away a la Señor Cruz? It's been a while since I came through MAD?
Look for the wine glasses, then the soup bowls, and it's in between.

It's at both ends of the lounge, so in effect two chances of finding the ice cream.
ThrowingBoeing likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.