Wiki Posts
Search

How does Iberia Plus work

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2010, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
How does Iberia Plus work

I have been looking on the IB website but there is very little information about the program. It basically says you can collect and spend points (miles)

Can anybody explain it any better? How many points you need to get to the next tier? How many points you normally earn say from LHR-MAD or MAD-GIG. How many points for redemption flights

Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: IB Plus Gold
you need 1.250 points for Silver status.
you need 2.500 points for Gold status.
They count from 1.4. until 31.3. next year.

On their web there is a list where you can find easily how many points you get for their flights, and also for flights from other OW airlines.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
All of those questions are answered in great detail on the IB web site, under the "Iberia Plus" section.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for the replies, I tried on the website but it was awkward to use, some information is there but I couldnt find it all. I will try again
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:09 pm

1.250 for Silver, 2.500 for Gold, and 6.500 for Platinum. Be warned: I have come to the conclusion that the Iberia Plus programme, when it comes to earning status, is impossible to anyone other than someone who flys regularly on long-haul paid Business Class flights, as they are not at all generous with how many points you earn per flight segment. This has been killing me as I now fly weekly MAD-AGP (but not much else) and with only 100 points earned per round trip, in PAID Business Class, it would take me 25 round trips of this kind to earn mere Silver status, which really has no perks on IB aside from priority check-in desks, and if I went coach, I would only earn 20 points per round trip!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: LH, Qantas
Originally Posted by danielmadrid07
1.250 for Silver, 2.500 for Gold, and 6.500 for Platinum. Be warned: I have come to the conclusion that the Iberia Plus programme, when it comes to earning status, is impossible to anyone other than someone who flys regularly on long-haul paid Business Class flights, as they are not at all generous with how many points you earn per flight segment. This has been killing me as I now fly weekly MAD-AGP (but not much else) and with only 100 points earned per round trip, in PAID Business Class, it would take me 25 round trips of this kind to earn mere Silver status, which really has no perks on IB aside from priority check-in desks, and if I went coach, I would only earn 20 points per round trip!
That is why I chose QF FFP even though I have flown with them (IB) a few times. Maybe it might be worth to investigate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.