Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Waitlist priority on Iberia - Oneworld Elites, watch out!!!

Waitlist priority on Iberia - Oneworld Elites, watch out!!!

Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Exclamation Waitlist priority on Iberia - Oneworld Elites, watch out!!!

Has anyone true rules about waitinglist priorities on Iberia domestic flights? I missed connection this morning on MAD-SVQ route, was waitlisted on next flight as 10 person and at the gate they managed to put on the flight some Spanish usual passengers and I got stranded... went to the lounge to put waitinglist on next flight and I was asking how come me as oneworld Emerald can't have any seat, also on next flights... and they the supervisor got back and said that priority routing is IB Plat - IB Gold - IB Silver - IB Basic member - and then all other oneworld elites and non-elites and non-FF flyers.... As ow Emerald... it feels really bad to be even of lower ranking on waitinglist than basic IB member... I guess I should make a IB FF account with basic level to get some positions higher on the list ...
Old Mar 2, 2010, 2:53 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Fims
and they the supervisor got back and said that priority routing is IB Plat - IB Gold - IB Silver - IB Basic member - and then all other oneworld elites and non-elites and non-FF flyers.... As ow Emerald... it feels really bad to be even of lower ranking on waitinglist than basic IB member... I guess I should make a IB FF account with basic level to get some positions higher on the list ...
I'm pretty sure the supervisor was wrong and you should file a complaint with IB.

Well, for CX, another OW member. The priority list (op-up, waitlist etc.) is:
CX Diamond (OW Emerald)
CX Gold (OW Sapphire)
OW Emerald
OW Sapphire
CX Silver (OW Ruby)
OW Ruby

I think this is pretty much the same format for airlines of all alliances.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.