Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

NextBigThing 10/1/09-1/31/10 Earn-10/15/09-3/31/10 Ext 1-3 mos elites (REQ by 2/28)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NextBigThing 10/1/09-1/31/10 Earn-10/15/09-3/31/10 Ext 1-3 mos elites (REQ by 2/28)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, Lifetime UA Silver
My question to Hyatt Customer Service:

"I am currently registered to receive Free Nights under the Next Big Thing promotion. Will my stays still qualify for Free Nights if I ask for airline miles when I check-in?"

Their reply:

"According to the promotion's terms and conditions, to receive one (1) free night you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member, register for the promotion, provide your Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered, and pay an Eligible Rate. Requesting points for your stay is not required."

Seems to me like they are going out of their way to keep this ambiguous.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 3:47 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear FlyerTalk Members,

After speaking with our Gold Passport customer service representatives and reviewing the several posts regarding the confusion on whether choosing 500 base miles for your stay will count toward earning either free nights or bonus points in The Next Big Thing promotion, we have decided to remove the restriction that you must choose points for your stay. Therefore, Hyatt Gold Passport members can choose points or miles for their base stay and will earn either free nights or bonus points, as long as they register in The Next Big Thing and choose the reward they want to earn.

I hope this information assists you in your travels. Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge
Old Sep 29, 2009, 3:57 pm
Community Director Emerita

Karen, thank you for giving us clarity on this before the FFN promotion begins. Thank you, and thank you, Hyatt, for taking the generous route.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:00 pm

Quite new @ this. I would like to know if I can book a rm in Jan & switch the res to FFN's later? Is making a "regular res" the same as being called "making a pts res" (which I believe not)? In other words, I ask this b/c I see that u can book a "pts res" & switch it to FFN's later but I don't understand if I can make a "reg res(if this is not the same as a "pts res") & do this.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by mommafrica
Quite new @ this. I would like to know if I can book a rm in Jan & switch the res to FFN's later? Is making a "regular res" the same as being called "making a pts res" (which I believe not)? In other words, I ask this b/c I see that u can book a "pts res" & switch it to FFN's later but I don't understand if I can make a "reg res(if this is not the same as a "pts res") & do this.
No, you cannot switch a currency based reservation to an award reservation. What Hyatt is allowing us to do is switch one form of award currency (points) to another form (FFNs).
Old Sep 30, 2009, 1:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalk Members,

After speaking with our Gold Passport customer service representatives and reviewing the several posts regarding the confusion on whether choosing 500 base miles for your stay will count toward earning either free nights or bonus points in The Next Big Thing promotion, we have decided to remove the restriction that you must choose points for your stay. Therefore, Hyatt Gold Passport members can choose points or miles for their base stay and will earn either free nights or bonus points, as long as they register in The Next Big Thing and choose the reward they want to earn.

I hope this information assists you in your travels. Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge
Hyatt kicks Axx^^ This is my number one program now. With all the new benefits for diamond and FFN I have moved all my reservations to Hyatt.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 4:06 am
Suspended

Is the hyatt online web check in enough to get credit for a stay or do i actually need to show up and check in?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 6:46 am

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
Is the hyatt online web check in enough to get credit for a stay or do i actually need to show up and check in?
You need to physically be at the hotel to get credit for a stay.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
You need to physically be at the hotel to get credit for a stay.
Actually, all you have to do is pick up the room key (which, of course means that you or your twin have to show up at the front desk). You don't have to spend the night, though. Just walk out and let them automatically check you out next day.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by todorovic
Actually, all you have to do is pick up the room key (which, of course means that you or your twin have to show up at the front desk). You don't have to spend the night, though. Just walk out and let them automatically check you out next day.
How about adding an extra guest to the reservation, who will check in instead of you? It works at other chains.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 3:01 pm

In my experience over the years with the very generous Hyatt program, gray areas that have been discussed on FT get acted on in ways we might not like. We can't expect Hyatt to both actively participate and turn a blind eye to discussion of unintended ways members find to work the system.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 6:29 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Wow, I just saw an ad on TV that will give Hyatt some serious competition: Hotels.com is running a promotion where if you stay 10 nights, you get ONE night FREE!

I don't know, it's tempting... lol
Old Sep 30, 2009, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Talking

LOL... Thanks for the laugh... I love FFN starts tomorrow! It's an awesome promo!

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Wow, I just saw an ad on TV that will give Hyatt some serious competition: Hotels.com is running a promotion where if you stay 10 nights, you get ONE night FREE!

Old Sep 30, 2009, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by JonathanIT

I bet it included 50 Grayhound bus miles for every 20 nights?
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:26 am

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
FFN Question

As a newbie to the Hyatt program, I have a question regarding FFN. Can the free night earned from the FFN promotion be used on any Hyatt hotels in the world? I know Hyatt resorts are probably not applicable, but what about some other Hyatt hotels in Japan or China? Are there any restrictions I should be aware of?

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.