Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

NextBigThing 10/1/09-1/31/10 Earn-10/15/09-3/31/10 Ext 1-3 mos elites (REQ by 2/28)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NextBigThing 10/1/09-1/31/10 Earn-10/15/09-3/31/10 Ext 1-3 mos elites (REQ by 2/28)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
In the T&Cs of the complimentary Diamond Suite Upgrade Award in my account, it says that the upgrade cannot be combined with any other promotional offers. So does this mean that if I use the suite upgrade award, then I will not be eligible for this promo of a free night after 2 stays? I find this hard to believe, but the wording seems to say this.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by HookEm
In the T&Cs of the complimentary Diamond Suite Upgrade Award in my account, it says that the upgrade cannot be combined with any other promotional offers. So does this mean that if I use the suite upgrade award, then I will not be eligible for this promo of a free night after 2 stays? I find this hard to believe, but the wording seems to say this.
I believe you will still receive a stay credit if you use a diamond award upgrade.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
I'd like to take advatage of the 1K UA 5,000 mile bonus per stay + UA 2,500 bonus/every second stay for at least one or three more stays.

Does any one see any issue with waiting to register for The Next Big Thing for a couple of weeks? I've already requalified for Diamond.

Thank you
Old Sep 26, 2009, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I'm not sure if I agree with the above interpretation of the T&Cs, nor with LIH Prem's interpretation in the other (now-closed) thread:

Yes, FFN's certainly WERE capacity controlled in all past FFN promo prior to the April 2nd, 2009 elimination of capacity controls. However GP Concierge's answer directly out of the FAQs she provided in Post #1 above seem to say otherwise:

If you can make a non-capacity controlled award reservation in advance using points and convert that to an FFN reservation, then obviously it is NOT capacity controlled, correct? Or am I missing something obvious here that other's seem to see?

I don't think there's any question that these are not capacity controlled based on GP Concierge's FAQ answer, unless she was incorrect when writing the FAQs.

lol, nothing like reading in the answer you want.

GP has allowed us to switch a regular award to an FFN award, provided there was availability for an FFN award for that night at that hotel. Apparently it is now their policy that we can switch, but that doesn't imply or mean there are no cap controls on FFN. I took it to mean that we can switch subject to availability just like it's always been.

From the T&Cs in post #1 in this thread:

Reservations for Free Night Award(s) redemption are subject to availability and must be made in advance by visiting goldpassport.com, My Promotional Awards or by calling 1 800 228 3360 or your nearest Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Centre.
I'm sure we could argue about what "subject to availability" means, but I would not take it to mean no cap controls unless GPC confirms it. I would think they would use wording similar to standard award availability if there were no cap controls on FFN awards.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Sep 26, 2009 at 4:38 pm
Old Sep 26, 2009, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm pretty sure that choosing miles for a stay will still trigger the free nights provided that you choose that but not the 3,000 bonus points - so if you plan on choosing miles, you should not choose the bonus points.
Hmmm, be careful here:

5. If I choose miles instead of points will my stay still count towards Free Nights or 3,000 bonus points?
Per the Terms of the promotion, you must choose points for your eligible stay in order to receive credit for free nights with double stay credit OR 3,000 bonus points with double stay credit.
I'm not sure what the implication is here. Maybe you only get stay doubling if you choose points vs miles, but you might be eligible for FFNs? Don't rely on that without confirmation from GPC.

I'm not testing this (I'm still taking points + the 3k points), so if you are, I would get confirmation from GPC first.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Sep 26, 2009 at 4:10 pm
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm pretty sure that choosing miles for a stay will still trigger the free nights provided that you choose that but not the 3,000 bonus points - so if you plan on choosing miles, you should not choose the bonus points..
Peteropny may have something here. The language for the FFN vs. Bonus Points is different:

To receive one (1) free night you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member, register for the promotion provide your Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered and pay an Eligible Rate.

To receive bonus points, you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member during the Promotion Period, register for the promotion, provide your Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered, choose points for your stay and pay an Eligible Rate for your stay.

However this seems contrary to what Mr. Jeff Zidell, Vice President, Hyatt Gold Passport has provided:

5. If I choose miles instead of points will my stay still count towards Free Nights or 3,000 bonus points?
Per the Terms of the promotion, you must choose points for your eligible stay in order to receive credit for free nights with double stay credit OR 3,000 bonus points with double stay credit.

So why didn't the T&Cs of the FFN offer say that you must choose points for your stay ? It seems that Mr. Zidell may not be correct, with regard to the T&Cs when he states that the say "you must choose points" to get FFN. That language was left out of the T&Cs for FFN.

We need GP to clarify this
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by zxsuxr
I believe you will still receive a stay credit if you use a diamond award upgrade.
I can confirm that - I've done 2 confirmed suite awards - both posted as stay credits.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Does any one see any issue with waiting to register for The Next Big Thing for a couple of weeks?
Thanks to BlissWorld, there is a discrepancy between Gold Passport Concierge’s answer and published T&C. As GP reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice, I expect clarification form Gold Passport Concierge within a couple of days.

Independently, I don’t see any advantage for waiting to register later, if – and this is important – you chose FFN (and not bonus GP points) as your personal promotional award. Please note, that you may elect to earn either GP points (and bonus points) or travel partner currency (and bonus “miles” including 1W bonus points, if applicable) at every stay.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by neuro0
I ask GP about my future stay from Jan 30th to Feb 2nd, here is the email response:…

The Next Big Thing promotion ends on January 31, 2010. Therefore, since the mentioned stay ends on February 2, 2010, it will not be eligible for The Next Big Thing promotion.
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
As if often the case, the above is just incorrect info from the CSR. You won't automatically get FFN credit for a stay that ends after Jan 31st, however a simple 30 second phone call will yield the 1/2 an FFN credit you are looking for. Way too often these days the Hyatt CSRs don't know what they are talking about, sometimes even the Diamond CSRs (or should I say Diamond "Reservation Agents" ).
Obviously neuro0 was in doubt otherwise I don’t see the need to ask GP. The written respond is correct although the answer ran in the other direction we are hoping to hear. To conclude, I call your angry outburst to CSR undeserved, especially, as you know how GP’s system works:

On contrary to other FGPs, a stay is called “in” if the check-out day takes place within promotion period. Consequently, everybody is happy if s/he stays from 9/28 to 10/1/09 but unhappy from 1/31 to 2/01/10. However – as you know – GP adjusted our account to our advantage manually in the past, if requested and I am confident they will do it in the future too.

As this is a gesture of goodwill and no obligation do you have proof that CSR was legitimate to make an unwritten benefit public? Which answer do you expect if someone asks for a written “confirmation” that GP will extend FFN redemption period?
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:11 am

Thumbs up

From GP:

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. I
appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

For the free night selection of the Next Big Thing promotion, you can
choose to earn miles for your stays.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt D, HH Gold
I didn't understand the response about booking FFN nights. Can we book FFN award rooms prior to having earned them? If so, I am sure most will be pre-booking on October 1st unless they have blocked off the nights with award points. The answer below in the original post just wasn't quite clear to me.

9. Must I wait until the free night award has posted to my account or may I call reservations now and reserve the room in advance?
Yes, you are able to make reservations utilizing these awards anytime after October 1, 2009. Please mention that you will be using The Next Big Thing free night award.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 4:58 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Per the Terms of the promotion, you must choose points for your eligible stay in order to receive credit for free nights with double stay credit OR 3,000 bonus points with double stay credit...
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do NOT see this clause in the terms and condition @:-)
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Please point out where it specifically says that you must choose points. It doesn't say in the T&C @:-)

When I called Hyatt CS earlier, the phone agent told me that I still would be eligible to receive free nights even if I chose miles. She said it would still be considered an eligible stay regardless of whether I chose points or miles.
Count me with BlissWorld on this issue. While Jeff was quite clear in his FAQ to us, we are but a small subset of Hyatt members. Anything that impacts the promotion needs to be in the Ts and Cs that govern it, not simply posted on FlyerTalk. Further, Jeff states above:

3. If I have received a targeted offer can I combine that offer with The Next Big Thing?
Yes, if you are the recipient of a targeted offer you can earn this bonus in addition to your chosen preference of free nights or bonus points.
I am one of those targeted by the UA 5K miles promo.

Still, though I believe with some 90% certainty we can earn our UA bonus miles and FFNs at the same time, I'd be a lot more comfortable to have Hyatt affirmation. During the last FFN earning period, I was able to chose airline miles on a case by case basis, and still earn FFN credit. There was a Virgin bonus, so I did chose miles for a few stays.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Count me with BlissWorld
Still, though I believe with some 90% certainty we can earn our UA bonus miles and FFNs at the same time, I'd be a lot more comfortable to have Hyatt affirmation. During the last FFN earning period, I was able to chose airline miles on a case by case basis, and still earn FFN credit. There was a Virgin bonus, so I did chose miles for a few stays.
The quote I put in my post above was pasted from an email I received from Hyatt yesterday, which confirms, at least for me, that you can select miles and still earn FFNs.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 6:18 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
The quote I put in my post above was pasted from an email I received from Hyatt yesterday, which confirms, at least for me, that you can select miles and still earn FFNs.
That's great, thanks for that.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
That's great, thanks for that.
I think you might want to confirm (if you need it/want it) if you are eligible for stay doubling if you select miles. Nothing in the t&c that excludes it, but still ... there is the general condition out when all else fails.

I'm still a bit concerned with FAQ #5, from the VP. It would be nice if GPC would offer some clarification here in this thread.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Sep 28, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.