Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What's the priciest Hyatt of them all?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the priciest Hyatt of them all?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAway
Any that are "overpriced?"
What does overpriced mean? Is it where a hotel has a rate that people pay but is over $x?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by neo_781
What does overpriced mean? Is it where a hotel has a rate that people pay but is over $x?
A subjective evaluation of course, but as in the previously-cited NY properties, cost vs. return in amenities and service very unequal.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:54 pm

Zurich I think might make that list. I have seen standard rooms at $900 US+.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Don't forget Park Hyatt Sydney.. I've seen some pretty crazy prices for standard rooms.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
When I stayed at the PH Vendome a ciouple of years ago "freely", I saw the going rate at $1050 for a standard room. I think it was rack, but there was nothing discounted available.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetAway
A subjective evaluation of course, but as in the previously-cited NY properties, cost vs. return in amenities and service very unequal.
So are you going to base it on square footage, parking, food? One could see the cost per sq. foot and then try to use the non-room items as the "intangibles".

If I choose another hotel chain, then for that specific time, I consider the Hyatt as overpriced.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by csufabel
So are you going to base it on square footage, parking, food? One could see the cost per sq. foot and then try to use the non-room items as the "intangibles".

If I choose another hotel chain, then for that specific time, I consider the Hyatt as overpriced.

For me service is the single most important criterion when judging a hotel. Beyond room size and amenities, it is the soft product that makes the difference.

e.g. a luxury hotel or resort can be excellent value at >$1000 per night, while the Grand Hyatt New York is, in my opinion, overpriced at $400~$500 per night.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
e.g. a luxury hotel or resort can be excellent value at >$1000 per night, while the Grand Hyatt New York is, in my opinion, overpriced at $400~$500 per night.
Absolutely. ^

There are some Aman resorts (off peak) that are wonderful value off peak. The one in Phuket comes to mind.

Same goes for some LHW properties during the 3 for 2 deals.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 9:09 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Here's some past commentary on this subject: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-them-all.html
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:53 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by thc
Here's some past commentary on this subject: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-them-all.html
Thank you - I've merged the threads!!!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 3:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
don't forget the new PH MLE which might be able to top all the europeans PHs.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Milan was over 600 euro mid-week as I recall. I booked a FFN night there last year but ended up having to stay an extra night due to business and felt guilty about putting it on my business expense report. It was a great property, though, and I enjoyed the stay. Just not sure if I would shell out my own cash to that extent on a future personal trip.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Hong Kong & Singapore

Any major city in the world will have expensive hotels. Specially high end like Hyatt's.

Was at Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong last night and the most important guest there was Russian President D. Medvedev. Although, I was there for a meeting but ended up paying about USD550 for the night and had to face tight security and when the President arrived all elevators and people movement stopped. For a short guy, 5'2", he sure does take a lot of 'space.'

Have stayed at Hyatt in Singapore off and on and have paid anywhere between USD$650 and USD$475. Seen many Arab leaders staying at the Hyatt in Singapore - at times taking up complete floors.

Those Asian properties like PH Tokyo, etc. do require quiet a bit of attention and real estate so I guess they can demand and get high $$$s.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: A few
I think Paris is the most likely consistent winner, helped by an over inflated Euro. The new PH Maldives has rack "Hyatt" rates over $1k per night but usually base rooms will be easily available in the 600s and if they go over this they will price themselves out of their market (a lot of competition out there now). I saw PH Beaver Creek consistently in the high 700s this ski season, I think with recovering economy and excellent ski conditions they must have had a great season.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
I just booked boxing day to new years at Kauai Grand Hyatt, the daly rate was just under 500 with taxes and resort fees, BUT used a diamond suite, which they have listed at $1900 or over $2100 taxes and fees all in for 1 night. So a standard room + diamond suite (standard) goes for $1900 ++ it might make that most expensive list

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.