Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Next Big Thing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
The Next Big Thing

I just confirmed with my contact at Hyatt about the details of the new promotion. The earning period is from October 1, 2009 until January 31, 2009. For all stays between Oct 1 to Dec 31, the stays will count as double for elite credit. For stays after Jan 1, the double stay credit will be used for next year's qualification. The credit card used does not matter.

For the awards they are as follows:

Traditional FFN--after two stays you earn one FFN;
Earn 3,000 points for every stay after your second.

It looks like it is simply a regular FFN with the twist of 3,000 points which does not seem to make too much sense.

Speculation is over...registiration begins tomorrow!!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 5:39 pm
YYC

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Thanks for sharing the information.

The promotion looks wierd to me as I doubt how many people will go with 3K pts/stay instead of 1 FFN every two stays.

I was hoping that the 'stay' requirement would be gone. Anyway my hotel hopping starts again. &
Old Sep 14, 2009, 5:48 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
I like how you can use any credit card now
Old Sep 14, 2009, 5:54 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by bas5838
Traditional FFN--after two stays you earn one FFN;
Earn 3,000 points for every stay after your second.

It looks like it is simply a regular FFN with the twist of 3,000 points which does not seem to make too much sense.
I'm confused. Do I have to choose between FFN and the 3k points? Or is it FFN plus 3k points (which seems like a smoking deal!)?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for posting. I too am confused about the 3K and whether it's a choice or included

Also, when is the redemption period.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
I think we need to wait to actually see the promotion as the informaiton posted may not be correct. The 3k bonus every stay after the second stay seems strange, but if true, a very nice offer on Hyatt's part, especially if in fact each stay will also count double for elite purposes. Seems like a lot
Old Sep 14, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Wait a sec.
The OP is talking about 2x qualifying stays in 4Q 2009 AND 2x qualifying stays in Jan 2010 AND 4 mos of FFN AND maybe a 3k bonus for stays #3-117?

If so this is a very sick promo!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Last year was FFN and 2k points every 2nd stay. So this year adds the double eq stays and another 4k points for every 2 stays (after your 2nd)- 3k for the first and an extra 1k for the 2nd. Pretty freaking sweet.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by NYCbustravelguy
The 3k bonus every stay after the second stay seems strange
Why, we got bonus points with FFN last year if we paid with MC.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
If all those promos are combined then I would have sex with Hyatt!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:44 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Looking forward to it!!!!! If it is as good as it sounds I will have to tweak a few stays but between Hyatt and SPG the rest of 2009 looks good......
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bbbb
Why, we got bonus points with FFN last year if we paid with MC.

Last year Hyatt offered 2k for every 2 stays paid with mastercard. That to me is a lot dif than 3k after each stay regardless of the card used, not to mention that you get double credit for elite purposes and an FFN after each stay.

Time will tell, but some common sense goes a long way when we think about what the actual promotion might be. IMHO

Last edited by NYCbustravelguy; Sep 14, 2009 at 7:59 pm
Old Sep 14, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Now suppose you have some stays at Hyatt Place or Summerfield Suites. Do you also get the bonus 2500 points per stay on top of everything else mentioned?

I signed up for the special upgrade to Platinum offer earlier this year (get free Platinum status for 120 days, and retain Platinum/Diamond 2010 with 5/15 nights within the 120 days). I don't think the FFN would help me get over the Diamond threshold. BUT, it might entice me to book the nearby $69/night Hyatt Place in November.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Clarification

The terms and conditions are very clear. A member can either choose a traditional FFN (one night after two stays) OR 3,000 points for every stay beginning with the second stay. Most importantly, one must choose one option throughout the ENTIRE promotion and once chosen cannot switch back.

Sorry for omitting the OR part in the choices!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bas5838
The terms and conditions are very clear. A member can either choose a traditional FFN (one night after two stays) OR 3,000 points for every stay beginning with the second stay. Most importantly, one must choose one option throughout the ENTIRE promotion and once chosen cannot switch back.

Sorry for omitting the OR part in the choices!
I think we all just need to see the actual promotion, so we can see these terms and conditions ourselves.

I can't wait. Sounds like an interesting promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.