Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

UA 1Ks Earn 5,000 Bonus Miles through 10/31/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond

United® Mileage Plus® 1K® members are invited to earn 5,000 Mileage Plus bonus miles per stay at any Hyatt worldwide between September 1 and October 31, 2009. The more you stay, the more bonus miles you earn. Hyatt Gold PassportTM membership is required.

Participating Hyatt brands include Park HyattTM, AndazTM, Grand HyattTM, Hyatt RegencyTM, Hyatt PlaceTM and Hyatt Summerfield SuitesTM.

Earn 5,000 bonus miles per stay
• Join Hyatt Gold Passport today
• Stay at any Hyatt worldwide between September 1 and October 31, 2009
• Provide your Hyatt Gold Passport and Mileage Plus account numbers at reservation and check-in
• Request Mileage Plus miles at check-in for each of your eligible stays
These miles are in addition to the 500 base miles per Hyatt stay you can earn as a Mileage Plus member.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
AA match please?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I have always picked points. So would I still get the MasterCard 2500 Hyatt points and any G bonuses if I select to receive miles and the 1k bonus? Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Just found the terms for earning and looks like I can earn the MC bonus along with G bonuses. Time to make some changes to this weekends reservations.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:46 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Just found the terms for earning and looks like I can earn the MC bonus along with G bonuses. Time to make some changes to this weekends reservations.
You're probably ok earning MC Bonus since that posts separately - I doubt that you can really get a Gx bonus though.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if I can I reverse a posting from last weekend and change it to UA... Any experience with that?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Do you think a diamond would get the amenity bonus with this promotion?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:17 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by azepine00
I wonder if I can I reverse a posting from last weekend and change it to UA... Any experience with that?
Changing from points to miles are usually easier since Hyatt can just deduct the points from your account - somewhat harder the other way since you have to ask for it before they transmit the miles over to the airline.

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Technically you can get the 1W, but few agents know how to do it.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:21 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
This would certainly be nice if we could combine it with FFN!
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
You're probably ok earning MC Bonus since that posts separately - I doubt that you can really get a Gx bonus though.
The agent I just spoke with didn't think MC bonus would post if miles are chosen. Hard to say for sure but MC bonus is almost over after all. On a positive side she switched me to miles for the past stay - I hope it will post correctly.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:54 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Well... Wish I was a 1k Member. This is a compelling promotion.

It would drive some additional stays from me...
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Note: 1K membership will be validated to receive the bonus.
I imagine you need to have your 1K card or 1k statement printout with you when you check in to minimize mileage credit problem
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Diamonds who pick miles for their stays should tell us if they get the welcome amenity points to post too.

It seems fair that we should get it.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by halothane
This would certainly be nice if we could combine it with FFN!
Indeed! I think we'll be able to combine them, don't you think so?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by npei
Note: 1K membership will be validated to receive the bonus.
I imagine you need to have your 1K card or 1k statement printout with you when you check in to minimize mileage credit problem
It looks like you have to register on www.goldpassport.com/united1k

Also, what is this "you must join goldpassport AND stay" in the t&C??

EARN 5,000 BONUS MILES PER STAY

To participate in this promotion you must join Hyatt Gold Passport via url www.goldpassport.com/united1K and stay between September 1, 2009 and October 31, 2009 at any Hyatt Hotel & Resort™, Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™ or Andaz™ worldwide. To receive 5,000 bonus miles per eligible stay, you must provide both your Hyatt Gold Passport and United Airlines Mileage Plus membership account number at time of check-in, choose miles for your stay and pay an Eligible rate.

"Eligible Rate" is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com, hyattplace.com, hyattsummerfiedsuites.com, prevailing rack rate, BAR, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt Vacation Club stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).

Only one bonus will be given per member regardless of the number of rooms. A qualifying stay means one or more consecutive nights at any participating hotel or resort when paying an eligible rate, whether or not the guest checks out and back in during such period;award stays do not qualify. Only one bonus will be given per member, per stay, regardless of the number of rooms.

All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to be posted to your account. Miles are subject to the terms and conditions of the United Airlines frequent flyer program. This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, please visit www.goldpassport.com. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt™, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™, Park Hyatt™,Andaz™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™, Hyatt Gold Passport™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. © 2009 Hyatt Corporation.All rights reserved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.