Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Our 2-bedroom suite was on a lower floor without a view, but the view from the lounge is spectacular. We spent many hours there over the course of our visit having a cocktail and enjoying that view. I think it depends on what you need out of the room. In our case, with our kids, the suite was really helpful.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Our 2-bedroom suite was on a lower floor without a view, but the view from the lounge is spectacular. We spent many hours there over the course of our visit having a cocktail and enjoying that view. I think it depends on what you need out of the room. In our case, with our kids, the suite was really helpful.
sorry if you already said this but did you book a 2 bedroom suite or a suite with a connecting room. Trying to book something for the family. Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SeeTheLights

sorry if you already said this but did you book a 2 bedroom suite or a suite with a connecting room. Trying to book something for the family. Thanks.
I booked two separate rooms. I cannot remember if the second room for kids was at family rate or not. I can check. They upgraded us to the 2-bedroom suite on arrival. I’m Explorist.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

I booked two separate rooms. I cannot remember if the second room for kids was at family rate or not. I can check. They upgraded us to the 2-bedroom suite on arrival. I’m Explorist.
thanks for the response!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I don't see how making objective statements about subjective things is the least bit useful.
Okay. Here are the details underlying my opinion.

Room size. The GH rooms are quite spacious and elegantly furnished. By contrast, I find the regular rooms at HR claustrophobically small.

Room assignment. GH always upgraded me as a Diamond/Globalist to a harbour view club room, even on p+c rates. By contrast, I had repeated issues with room assignment at HR, even as a Diamond/Globalist. I never got one of the larger rooms that jpdx mentions. My last stay, they put me in a regular city view room despite harbour view being available.

Lounge. GH has possibly the nicest lounge in the Hyatt system, with top quality food and outstanding service. HR has a very nice view, but food options are more limited and I found the service extremely hit or miss, especially at breakfast, where I was never able to get any of the custom made options.

Restaurant breakfast. I've done the buffet at both, and it is no comparison. While HR has a wide selection of items, the quality is mediocre. GH quality is exquisite. One of the nicer hotel breakfasts I've had in recent years.

Pool. GH has a large, resort quality pool. HR has a tiny, ugly thing.

Fitness center. GH has a large, state of the art facility. HR has a very small fitness room, with extremely limited equipment.

Service. HR service is competent, but perfunctory. A perfectly acceptable 3-4 star business hotel. GH service is at an entirely different level, just below true 5 star.

So I'll repeated, IMO the only advantage of HR is the Kowloon/K-11 location, which is really quite excellent.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Kacee

Room size. The GH rooms are quite spacious and elegantly furnished. By contrast, I find the regular rooms at HR claustrophobically small.

Room assignment. GH always upgraded me as a Diamond/Globalist to a harbour view club room, even on p+c rates. By contrast, I had repeated issues with room assignment at HR, even as a Diamond/Globalist. I never got one of the larger rooms that jpdx mentions. My last stay, they put me in a regular city view room despite harbour view being available.

Lounge. GH has possibly the nicest lounge in the Hyatt system, with top quality food and outstanding service. HR has a very nice view, but food options are more limited and I found the service extremely hit or miss, especially at breakfast, where I was never able to get any of the custom made options.

Restaurant breakfast. I've done the buffet at both, and it is no comparison. While HR has a wide selection of items, the quality is mediocre. GH quality is exquisite. One of the nicer hotel breakfasts I've had in recent years.

Fitness center. GH has a large, state of the art facility. HR has a very small fitness room, with extremely limited equipment.

Service. HR service is competent, but perfunctory. A perfectly acceptable 3-4 star business hotel. GH service is at an entirely different level, just below true 5 star.

So I'll repeated, IMO the only advantage of HR is the Kowloon/K-11 location, which is really quite excellent.
+1. Different class of hotel.

But I guess everyone is entitled to like or dislike a property for their own reasons, even if it makes no sense to others - I think that was his point.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:06 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I’ve spent hundreds of nights in HK hotels, and tried virtually every chain. I freely admit that my preferences are unusual (for instance, I don’t mind LM Cyberport). I believe that the service of Loretta and her team at HR TST is excellent (but again, I admit this may be due to the number of nights I spend there) — I’m greeted by name by every staff and treated well (as opposed to the standoffish service at GH and several other 5* HK places). I almost always receive a xx23 or xx08 room (per my preferences), and if those are not available, my preference is acknowledged, and I’m offered a choice between a suite or harbor view room. I’ve had cordial chats with the GM (a great guy), and I’m fine with the club offerings. In contrast, the GH usually requires haggling to even get a harbor view room, and I’ve never had a suite without DSU. The GH club people are snooty at best, often hostile (and maybe that’s ok; they do preside over superior champagne after all). What seals the deal, I had a stay with a friend in a wheelchair at HR TST, and the treatment was outstanding; kind, but not overbearing. IMO, the HR is everything I want a hotel to be. But of course, different strokes for different folks, so please don’t feel a need to unfriend me if you prefer the GH.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I stayed here last year as a Glob, I didn't get a suite and also wasn't given the fruit and wine. French cab would have been nice......
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpdx
The GH club people are snooty at best, often hostile (and maybe that’s ok; they do preside over superior champagne after all).
No, that is absolutely NOT ok. I won't take that crap from a company that I'm paying money to. There's a reason it's called the "hospitality" business. Customer service is important.

I checked out of the PH Seoul to go to the GH 7 nights early (2 nights into a 9 night reservation) for exactly the same reason. Had my stay at the GH HK been any longer than 2 nights I would have done the same there.

I am happy to pay a lot of money for a good product, but I won't be treated poorly in the process. The GH HK may be a beautiful property, but the people who run it just ruin the whole experience. Life is too short to put up with that crap.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jpdx
The GH club people are snooty at best, often hostile (and maybe that’s ok; they do preside over superior champagne after all).
I never had particularly good experiences with the personnel in either lounge, but the GH staff were far more attentive.

For truly snooty, try the RC Hong Kong
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I never had particularly good experiences with the personnel in either lounge, but the GH staff were far more attentive.

For truly snooty, try the RC Hong Kong
I'll raise you an MO HK for ultimate snooty.
Kacee likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

hmm. I have a points stay booked in June with my family. Booked 2 rooms and applied a suite upgrade to one of them. After reading this, I’m debating on changing over to the GH. This is our first time in HK, and I think we figured staying on the Kowloon side would be more “touristy”

Doing the GH in Beijing, the TST, and then also the Hyatt on the Bund in Shanghai. Also a canopy stay in Chengdu. Knocking out as much of China as possible while we’re there!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Chukiechz

hmm. I have a points stay booked in June with my family. Booked 2 rooms and applied a suite upgrade to one of them. After reading this, I’m debating on changing over to the GH. This is our first time in HK, and I think we figured staying on the Kowloon side would be more “touristy”

Doing the GH in Beijing, the TST, and then also the Hyatt on the Bund in Shanghai. Also a canopy stay in Chengdu. Knocking out as much of China as possible while we’re there!
We LOVED the location for TST in Kowloon. Walked everywhere. And such a fun vibe, especially for our kids (9-18).
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
For me TST way more fun as tourist. HR's neighborhood more local feel. GH is an ok hotel but I don't like the location much, not local enough nor in the center of shopping and high rises. I usually only stay there if meetings at convention center.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Chukiechz
The HR location is much better; in fact, I don't like the GH location at all. Note though that the base rooms at HR are very small, and the regency suite is not particularly spacious, either.

Both the JW and Conrad are also in an excellent location (though very different from Kowloon). The Conrad in particular has nice sized rooms.
Chukiechz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.