Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
The high floor regency suites have a fine view. Lower floors not so much.
I was assigned 2107 so by now means a low floor and it was a City View which sucked.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I was assigned 2107 so by now means a low floor and it was a City View which sucked.
The two or three times I've gotten a regency suite, it's had half harbour view, half city view.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:54 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

It's well known (and has been discussed frequently) that the Regency Suites here suck. The way to go is a high-floor xx08 room (or in a pinch, xx23).
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The two or three times I've gotten a regency suite, it's had half harbour view, half city view.
Impossible because I chatted with the DOR this morning who said that the regular Regency Suites (non Executive/Diplomat Suites) all have the same view, located at the heads end of the hallway.

Yes - you can catch a peek of the harbour if you stand in the bathtub and squeeze in the furthest corner of the window frame.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Maybe I picked the wrong place to use an suite upgrade.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Impossible because I chatted with the DOR this morning who said that the regular Regency Suites (non Executive/Diplomat Suites) all have the same view, located at the heads end of the hallway.

Yes - you can catch a peek of the harbour if you stand in the bathtub and squeeze in the furthest corner of the window frame.
I don't agree with that characterization. It may depend which end of the building you're on, but I've had regency suites which had a harbour view from the bedroom (though it's true, the Central skyline was to the bathroom side.

I prefer the regency suite to the regular rooms here, even if the regular room has straight-on harbour view. Those rooms are just so small. I've never gotten one of the larger ones that jpdx references, so can't compare those to regency suite.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Maybe I picked the wrong place to use an suite upgrade.
I'm not saying their suites are bad. Just that the view is horrible compared to a beautiful Harbour View from the regular rooms. I really like this hotel and the club lounge as well.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Here now and enjoy. Upgraded to a suite. Suite is a little small, but I like the shape - the window is curved. Definitely beat my expectations.

I am switching from Marriott to Hyatt for a while. I like this so far more than Sheraton HK which to me is closest comparison of Hyatt vs Marriott because of location.

HR Lounge is great vs terrible SH lounge

I prefer SH full buffet breakfast

Both have Handy smartphones if you need that.

Gym is not as good as SH which, though cramped, has heavier weights. But HR has water bottles which is nice. But heaviest weights are only 14 KGS which is not acceptable and I am shocked at

Overall happy here and will switch more stays here from Sheraton (I prefer Kowloon to stay than central). If HK side, I will take JW over GH.

But I think I've found a new go to spot for HK. Marriott's Arne.... Members like me are leaving Marriott. I must be around 50-75 stays at Sheraton HK and they are losing me to Hyatt
Aventine likes this.

Last edited by SHLTP; Mar 3, 2019 at 5:01 pm
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll be at this hotel in about a week and a half. Regular rooms sounded small so I applied a suite upgrade (4 night stay).

I was not happy with the GH HK but I have high hopes for this place. I find that when you step down from the "fancy" hotels they tend to lose the "you should be thanking us for letting you stay here" attitude and have much better service. Also, I prefer the location (my stay at the GH HK was my first time in HK, so I didn't really know the difference between the areas)
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I was not happy with the GH HK but I have high hopes for this place.
The GH is a far superior property in most every respect. The only HR advantage is the Kowloon/K11 location.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The GH is a far superior property in most every respect. The only HR advantage is the Kowloon/K11 location.
I don't see how making objective statements about subjective things is the least bit useful.

The only relevant fact here is that I wasn't happy with it. When a place tries to nickel and dime me, or argue policy (especially when they are wrong) I'm done with them for good. It may be an outlier experience, or it may be standard -- I have no interest in staying again to try to find out.

I'm not suggesting that others are not happy with them -- that would be ridiculous. Just that I wasn't happy with them.

Again, I have much higher hopes for the HR TST.
dpb132 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:14 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Agree 100% on GH, VegasGambler! I vastly prefer the HR.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'll be at this hotel in about a week and a half. Regular rooms sounded small so I applied a suite upgrade (4 night stay).
We had applied a suite upgrade, but the only one available (also a 4-night stay) was on a low floor, the view from which we found depressing (we had just come from 6 nights in a suite at the GH), and the way the extra space was divided up seemed to make it feel cramped rather than spacious. We asked if they had a high-floor regular room with a view and they kindly moved us, and we were very happy with that. Of course, just one experience, and you could get something on a high floor with a view.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Here now in a suite with a good habor while laying in bed. I do prefer the longer bathtub in regular rooms but I’m quite pleased with this suite. As a globalist they brought us a very nice bottle of French Cabernet with a fruit plate.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
We had applied a suite upgrade, but the only one available (also a 4-night stay) was on a low floor, the view from which we found depressing (we had just come from 6 nights in a suite at the GH), and the way the extra space was divided up seemed to make it feel cramped rather than spacious. We asked if they had a high-floor regular room with a view and they kindly moved us, and we were very happy with that. Of course, just one experience, and you could get something on a high floor with a view.
I've requested the opposite in the past -- to be moved from a smaller room on a high floor with a view to a larger room with no view on a low floor. I did this at the GH Seoul, moving to a corner room (which was great). I place no value at all on a view or being on a higher floor. It's something that I have never understood... it's not like I'm going to sit in the room and look out the window. I usually don't even bother to open the curtains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.