Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Since you mention an elderly mother and wanting to use the swimming pool, there are a couple things about HR TST you should know:

The outdoor pool (on a deck at about the tenth floor) is shared with an apartment/condo building that seems to take some of the hotel's building. They also have some sort of recreation club facilities not available to hotel guests. The hotel changing rooms are separate and require walking around the building to access, on the far side of the deck with the pool and spa. I suspect that the recreation club changing facilities are much nicer.

When I looked, the pool seemed to be filled with families, including lots of kids, from the recreation club.

Perhaps more importantly for your mother, the only way to access the pool is through a long steep narrow staircase (it has the ambience of a not very new or nice fire escape stairwell).
Hotel elevators do not stop on the pool deck floor.

ADDED: My room (good view and high floor but no upgrade as a Globalist staying three nights) had a bit of a musty smell at times and seemed very humid. Clothing got damp and would not dry.
Humidity is a major problem in Hong Kong and that’s why a lot of rooms smell the way they do. Also why clothing never dries and can smell damp or stinky when wet. You probably could request a dehumidifier.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by baser1000
I’m really torn about Hyatt lodging for my upcoming October six-night Hong Kong stay and I’m looking for strong opinions on which Hyatt to stay in, please!

I’m a Globalist so I’ll have lounge access. Price isn’t a strong factor. I’m using points and a suite upgrade, so I’m looking at a high floor Harbor View Suite at the Hyatt Regency or a Grand Executive Harbor Suite at the Grand Hyatt (this is a premium suite but I’ll try to coordinate this room in advance like I did last time.)

I’m traveling from CA with my 74-year-old mother, who is fine walking. This trip is strictly vacation to explore the city. We’ll also do a day trip to Macau. We have no major plans for this trip except to sightsee, explore local reasonably priced food, and walk around…and we will take public transit most of the time. We also plan to relax at the hotel lounge and pool.

I’m seriously torn between these two property locations, despite reading reviews about both. I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 3 nights in 2016 and I was blown away by the room, view, lounge, and pool. At the time, I was traveling with a friend my age so our longer walk to transit wasn’t a factor. This factor is what led me to consider the Hyatt Regency TST for my mom, though. I've never stayed here and I've never been to that area....my time there was limited last time because I got sick.

I really do value the hotel room, view, and amenities like the lounge at the Grand Hyatt, but I also want convenance for my mom since we'll be walking around a lot exploring. Is either the Grand Hyatt or Hyatt Regency TST truly a better property to stay at this time with my mom while touring the city? Will I regret staying at the Hyatt Regency TST after experiencing and loving the Grand Hyatt?

I’ll be on top of replies and I appreciate them all…this topic means a lot to me and I want this to be an incredible experience for my mother.

I’m posting this in the reviews for both the Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency TST but let me know if there’s a more appropriate place to put it.
Ive stayed a few times at both hotels.

Im with alot of others, because of Mom (who did the service of bringing you into this world), you should "sacrifice" a little on the hotel quality and stay at HR TST instead of the GH. By the location and walking area the overall satisfaction of the trip in TST will easily surpass the GH in the end.
suite2suite likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
3 night stay HR TST 3rd to 6th Dec

Hi,

I had booked a Regency Club room here for 3 nights ( orrdinary WoH member)
I took the airport express train from HKG to Kowloon and took the free shuttle bus ( K3). We seemed to have to wait a while as 2 H1s and 2 H2s arrived and left before a H3 arrived and it took a while to get to the Hyatt Regency (2nd stop) due to traffic at 630pm then felt like you were going to the bowels of the earth as you drove down to the drop off point
I went up to the lobby and then took a second lift to the Regency club at the 23rd floor.
I was delighted to be adivsed that I had been upgraded from a standard RC room to a RC Harbour view ( room 2216)
The room was large and well appointed with dark wood panels. The shower and bath were very large and you can open the shades between the bathroom and the bedroom so you could look out at the harbour whilst in the bathroom ( the cupboard could also be opened both from the hall and the bathroom). There was a Nespresso machine with 3 capsules ( 1 decafinated ) refilled daily and a bowl of fruit
There is a 'handy' smart phone on the desk which you can use whilst staying at the HR ( HKG$3000 if lost) with free calls to UK/UK/Australia and a couple of other countries. I took it out with me on a couple of times but did not use it that often as I knew where I was going, had a DSLR and did not want to spend the trip glued to a screen!! although it can be very useful in a number of cases and is a very nice benefit ( the Conrad does not offer this)
Whilst the views of the harbour are disrupted by the Pen and the building underneath the Dakin sign the views are fantastic and you get a view of lower TST ( including the rooftop pool of the hoiday inn golden mile) and of helicopters approaching the Peninsula helipad)
The hotel location is very good with a short walk to Nathan Road, the signal tower the Hong Kong History museum and science museum and the harbour.
There is a cheap laundry ( Happy dry cleaning) on Hart avenue just around the corner from the hotel.. There was a hanger note saying 15 pieces of laundry for HKG$350
The K11 mall was beautiful being all decorated for christmas.
The fitness centre (10th floor ) wss good and the pool ( 9th floor then walk down steps) was large and nice buut the water was cold and closes at 6pm. One afternoon I was coming back from a swim at 445pm and I got to my room to find that the room was just started to be clean but I spoke with the maid and she came back half an hour later ( I also got a clean towel for my shower)

The lounge on the 23rd floor ( overflow area on 24th I think) was very good with great staff and views over the harbour. The food was adequate but IMHO probably the weakest of the HK hotels i have been at ( ie JW Marriott, Conrad, Sheraton Towers) . They did have eggs made to order at breakfast ( ie omelletes ) but it is mostly continental but the selections were pretty good. They had fruit, soft drinks and biscuits outside meal times. The evening snacks were pretty good with the hot options changing each day I was there and several small desert cakes/mousses. They had a beautiful christmas tree and 1 pc with a printer
I was given a 1pm check out but able to use the lounge afterwards. At checkout I was given the choice of my credit card being charged in HKG or GBP ( I chose HKG as the GBP exchange rate was poor)
The bell desk said ( when heading to the conrad) I could use the cross harbour tunnel ( congested) or the western tunnel ( quicker/more expensive) I chose the western tunnel and it took around 20mins to the conrad in central ( HKG$200 including the tolls, HKG $15 return toll and luggage)
Overall a very good stay

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jan 19, 2019 at 7:14 am Reason: Correcting the bus route to K3 ( thanks 236Dakota)
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I just stayed here as an explorist over the weekend, got a standard room on the 21st floor I think. Overall was a great redemption of two cat 1-4 certs
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I had booked a Regency Club room here for 3 nights ( orrdinary WoH member)
I took the airport express train from HKG to Kowloon and took the free shuttle bus ( H3). We seemed to have to wait a while as 2 H1s and 2 H2s arrived and left before a H3 arrived and it took a while to get to the Hyatt Regency (2nd stop) due to traffic at 630pm then felt like you were going to the bowels of the earth as you drove down to the drop off point
Here now. The shuttle bus is K3, not H3. I took the train to Kowloon and the total trip time from the airport to the Hyatt was about 40 minutes at a cost of about $8 USD.

Great hotel, enjoying my stay.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I had a 3-night paid stay 18-21 December and really enjoyed it. The location is just so good, and the club lounge is perfectly satisfactory for my needs. (And it was very nice to have the lounge staff remember me and even my preferences -- eggs scrambled with cheese -- from my last stay.) I used a TSU to upgrade to one of the (very small) suites and then paid the delta (HKD 300/night) for a harbour view suite. In retrospect I would have saved the money because the view from the suite is really quite obscured and the view from the other end (non-view suite) is still pretty good. Only from the bathtub of the harbour view suite can you really see HK harbour.

Was meeting others who were staying down the road (Royal Garden) and they came over for 2-for-1 happy hour at the 3rd floor Chin Chin bar -- had a good time.

Seems like the K11 mall keeps getting improvements / new shops and it was indeed fun to walk around at Christmas time. The direct indoor access to both TST and East TST MTR stations (2 floors down in the mall) is really hard to beat ^
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Reminder, this hotel is moving from C4 to C5 March 18th, I was planning to use the annual free night for 1 night here (up to C4) and now I have to come up with another 15K points instead before march 18th, real bummer.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by vincewy
Reminder, this hotel is moving from C4 to C5 March 18th, I was planning to use the annual free night for 1 night here (up to C4) and now I have to come up with another 15K points instead before march 18th, real bummer.
Can you not make your rez now before the change?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

Can you not make your rez now before the change?
I just did, I'll however need to come up with another 1000 points (either buy or spend more on my Hyatt Visa before my statement end date) for the second night, was going to wait for anniversary night in April and it's not going to happen as of now. Until March 18th this is the sweet spot for free night redemption at up to C4.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vincewy
I just did, I'll however need to come up with another 1000 points (either buy or spend more on my Hyatt Visa before my statement end date) for the second night, was going to wait for anniversary night in April and it's not going to happen as of now. Until March 18th this is the sweet spot for free night redemption at up to C4.
Why not just buy 1000 points online? It's not like it costs that much money.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I would definitely consider this a cat5 property. Sad to see it go away though
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Booked one last stay for this weekend at 15k with paid rates being 2,100 HKD Member Rate. Good deal, sad to see this property go up in price.
jpdx and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW: Just want to remind everyone that getting a Regency Suite here at the HR TST will net you the worst view imaginable for HK conditions.

I voluntarily gave it up in exchange for a beautiful Harbor View King on the 24th floor. Suite isn't always sweet such as in this case.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
FWIW: Just want to remind everyone that getting a Regency Suite here at the HR TST will net you the worst view imaginable for HK conditions.

I voluntarily gave it up in exchange for a beautiful Harbor View King on the 24th floor. Suite isn't always sweet such as in this case.
I have to agree. The view from our low-ish floor suite was basically old buildings. We had a 2-bedroom situation going with kids though and so stayed.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The high floor regency suites have a fine view. Lower floors not so much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.