Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
Complimentary Evening Cocktails
All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 9, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1P
Right now the website says
"Please be advised we will conduct maintenance work for the 23rd floor and the Regency Club Lounge from 5 May through 25 May 2018. During this time, daily breakfast will be available at Cafe on the Lobby Level. All day refreshment and evening cocktail of Regency Club guests are to be relocated to a venue on the 24th floor. Check-in/checkout for Club or Suites guests will be arranged at designated desk in the Lobby. There will be no disruption to activities in the hotel."
Anyone know what the substitute venue and breakfast are like? This has been my go-to HK hotel recently but I do make use of the club lounge, so I'm trying to decide whether to relocate.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rafatmit
Anyone know what the substitute venue and breakfast are like? This has been my go-to HK hotel recently but I do make use of the club lounge, so I'm trying to decide whether to relocate.
They did this several years ago. The substitute breakfast is free buffet in the restaurant, which has a great selection and okay (not spectacular) quality. The substitute "lounge" is a hospitality suite on the 24th floor. It's a pretty big downgrade, though it's to their credit they don't force you to eat breakfast there (as pretty much any US property would).
Old May 10, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by rafatmit
Right now the website says

The substitute venue is a Suites at the end of the corridor on the 24th floor. Left as you look towards the lounge. As you can imaging it's rather busy at evening cocktails...
Old May 10, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I loved the restaurant breakfast there but at the same time I like the quiet lounge with nice views in the morning so it's really a tough trade off. The evening house I really don't care about, IMHO it's nothing special and I rather venture out.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I..

Also, is there a place for foot massage in the adjacent mall?

Edit: I had a response from the hotel saying Hugo is open 12 months a year.
Anyone re foot massage?
i dont believe there is a foot massage shop in k11 mall.. we walked to some place closer to bus station a couple years ago..
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
We will be staying here in July with our 2 teens and 9-year old. Can you guys recommend some restaurants or street food and/or activities within walking distance? Honestly, just "things to do" (doesn't have to be tourist oriented per se). We've never been to HK before.

We are doing two walking tours but there will be times we'll want to venture out just for a quick look-see around the area.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Take a walk along the water. You can even walk all the way down to the Star Ferry and ride it across to the island.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last edited by azepine00; May 23, 2018 at 3:55 pm
Old May 23, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A jetlagged walk in the park at sunrise is nice. Certainly a ferry ride both daytime and nightime bit i d taxi to the terminal.
I usually grab inexpensive dim sum at Yat Chui Pavilion Dim Sum nearby
july will likely be crazy hot and humid even at night so wondering around is gonna be challenging
Old May 23, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by friedablass
Take a walk along the water. You can even walk all the way down to the Star Ferry and ride it across to the island.
Perfect! Exactly the sort of thing I was looking to do.

Originally Posted by azepine00
A jetlagged walk in the park at sunrise is nice. Certainly a ferry ride both daytime and nightime bit i d taxi to the terminal.
I usually grab inexpensive dim sum at Yat Chui Pavilion Dim Sum nearby
july will likely be crazy hot and humid even at night so wondering around is gonna be challenging
Added the dim sum place to my list! Thanks. Hopefully not worse than 100* and high humidity in Florida, which is what we are used to. But city heat is hard, I agree. Maybe shall do sunrise long walk instead of after midday sun.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; May 23, 2018 at 6:30 pm
Old May 27, 2018, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Perfect! Exactly the sort of thing I was looking to do.
Added the dim sum place to my list! Thanks. Hopefully not worse than 100* and high humidity in Florida, which is what we are used to. But city heat is hard, I agree. Maybe shall do sunrise long walk instead of after midday sun.
Being an exHKGer now lives in South Florida, I can tell you it is MUCH MUCH WORSE in Hong Kong than in South Florida due to several factors.

The humidity is often over 95% or higher.
There are very little urban green spaces to absorb some heat while there are gazillions of airconditioners release heat into the air, and 10 times more the cars on the road than here, in a very very small area. Dont even mention the Urban jungles in the city.

You DEFINITELY should avoid walk of any distance in HKG between the months of May till Sept.

A friend is currently in Hong Kong now, and the temperature is over 35 degree C the lowest everyday since he arrived a week ago. Indoors the ACs are in full blast and it is like in 18 degree, that incl both the MTR, Train and Buses. As a result, it is very easy to get sick when you go in and out between the extremely hot and the extremely cold.
You will see almost all folks work inside an office or in a bank, wear light weight sweaters due to the very cold working environment they are in the whole day long. It is crazy but that is how it is.

BTW, the popular Tsui Wah local chain restaurants has a location very near the hotel - walk on the Mody Road towards Nathan Road and I believe it is right around the corner by Nathan Road. You can google it easily. It is a mid-priced local chain with reliable quality of foods. Each location's seating is different due to the very localized requirement of the restaurant. In TST where they tend to have clientele that demands better things, this location has nicer seating arrangement, especially going up the 2nd floor where you find booth seats with high backs.

The one in the local mall near the Tung Chung MTR station (closest to the airport with a bus linked to it) has much more cramped seating and uncomfortable low chairs that can are like stools. They have locations thru out the city. Quality seems to vary a bit but not so much as the comfort of the seating arrangement.

They have some lamb chop dishes that are of high quality and in the price range of USD22 to 25 a dish with very big portion. Personally I like very much their modified Spinach Won Ton with Japanese pork rib soft bone specialty soup base. Very nice. We go there every time we stay at Hyatt Regency.

Last edited by Happy; May 27, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Old May 29, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Just finished a stay here that ended on Monday.

Had a corner room. Great space, wonderful bathroom, and great window size. Lots of power outlets too for charging, including USBs and converters already in place.

Service was tremendous. In room safe stopped working one day and I called down to the front desk. Within two minutes, had a manager up to check in and he called up an engineer. He came up one minute later and fixed it within 90 seconds. Concierge desk was great too. Ate dinner one night at the hotel's Chinese restaurant on the mall level. Service was tremendous and food even better. Close to MTR station with another walkable via underground tunnels for two lines right there. K11 Mall is nice. Fully recommend this hotel.

As for the heat, it is brutal. I took multiple showers a day and had to avoid doing much outside walking due to it. Pretty sure I did get sick from the changing temperatures inside and out as well, like someone above mentioned was happening. Do not spend too much time outside during the summer in HK.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:49 pm

Stayed here myself too on Memorial Day weekend. I really really love the location of this Hyatt. Very convenient walking around and the metro right outside. Had a great view of the harbor, bathrooms were huge. Club lounge was nothing to write about but it was nice to get a quick bite in the morning. I'd come back to stay here another time.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
I am staying here later this week on a points redemption, with no status with Hyatt. Does anyone know if cash upgrades are offered to include lounge access and whether this is worth it? Reading the blog post in the wiki seems somewhat critical of the offering, although it is from four years ago. Food options are of primary interest rather than alcohol.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:50 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by MrM2016
I am staying here later this week on a points redemption, with no status with Hyatt. Does anyone know if cash upgrades are offered to include lounge access and whether this is worth it? Reading the blog post in the wiki seems somewhat critical of the offering, although it is from four years ago. Food options are of primary interest rather than alcohol.
If you had said, the view is the primary interest, I would have advised to go ahead and try to negotiate a cash supplement for lounge access -- the view is great. The food is ok, but nothing special. Beats most US lounges, but not very strong by Asian standards. Hong Kong has amazing food everywhere, so I wouldn't pay for lounge food.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.