Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2003, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum

Does anyone know the status of the contruction of the Park Hyatt Saigon, Vietnam? I think it will open in 2004 but then again it was suppose to open in 2002.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Park Hyatt in Vietnam- Saigon. Did we know this?

Sorry if reported elsewhere. Walking around today I noted a construction site and sign announcing Park Hyatt. FYI
Old Jul 2, 2004, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
April 2005 according to a Google search which lead me to a under construction list at Hyatt.com.
Old May 19, 2005, 1:32 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
I saw a banner for "Opening in Summer of 2005" on the building last month. My co-worker just wrote me and it is saying "End of 2005"....
Old May 19, 2005, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP,HHonors,Priority Club,NW Worldperks,SQ,CX
Originally Posted by 168
I saw a banner for "Opening in Summer of 2005" on the building last month. My co-worker just wrote me and it is saying "End of 2005"....
I was having morning tea sometime in April at the Opera house, on the day when they unfurled the banner...opening mid-2005. There was champagne and the press was there clicking away.
Old May 20, 2005, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
According to the Upcoming Hyatt List here, it should be opening sometime this month. That list seems to change awfully frequently though. Several months ago when I checked there were 2 Hyatts scheduled to open in Ireland (Park Kinsale + Dublin Gresham conversion). A month ago when I looked there only the Gresham was listed. Now neither of the Ireland properties are listed there. So take that list with a grain of salt, especially the properties that have planned openings in 2007 + 2008.

PH Saigon is opening 7/15/2005 according to:

Upcoming Hyatt List here , the everchanging hotel list that just 2 weeks ago said it was opening this month.........
Old May 20, 2005, 1:03 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Is there any place to find pics or more information about the hotel itself? We'll be in SGN in December and planned to stay at the Sheraton, which I have heard good things about, but I'd like to check out the Hyatt too before we decide.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
PH Saigon -- Now Open

This seems to be on the Hyatt.com page for this hotel, as I was making reservations:

Park Hyatt Saigon - Now Open

Park Hyatt Saigon is centrally located at Lam Son Square, near the elegant Opera House in downtown Saigon and within walking distance to businesses, shopping, entertainment and main tourist attractions.
Rates seem to be around $130 for the dates I am looking (later this month)......No pictures whatsoever, though.

I am hoping this property is going to be nicer than the Sheraton.....
Old Jul 20, 2005, 4:22 pm

That rate is higher than the Sheraton rate I paid. Also. If someone goes please report on noise. I remember the Hyatt as being on a pretty busy street.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
That rate is higher than the Sheraton rate I paid. Also. If someone goes please report on noise. I remember the Hyatt as being on a pretty busy street.
I will be staying there in early August. Paid US$130. I think that's very reasonable (close to cheap!) for a Park brand.

I'm actually looking forward to staying at a nicely designed colonial-looking hotel than the concrete Sheraton hotel. My last trip I forgo staying at the Sheraton and stayed instead at the Duxton which I found to be equally good if not better than the Sheraton
Old Aug 21, 2005, 1:16 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
read a short article in the SCMP today.... One of the things the article pointed out was there over 65% of the rooms at this property were non-smoking... Look forward to staying here next time I go to Vietnam...
Old Aug 25, 2005, 9:52 pm

I stayed at the PH Saigon

As promised, here's a short report on the property.

Decor, furnishing, ambience - definitely in its class of its own! You step into the lobby and you immediately forget that you are in dusty and smog-filled Saigon.

My favourite part is browsing through the beautiful art pieces all over the hotel. They've got thematic art pieces. I like the schoolgirl theme at the spa, exquisite.

Room is cosy, just a tad short of drawer space, and I like the choice of having the ceiling fan on or the Aircon.

Restaurant - There was only the Opera cafe opened. Again, decor and ambience is tops but service is still shaky. Breakfast was misleading, they never ever tell you that the buffet hot items are served a-la-carte. On my first morning I only had whatever was on the buffet (cereals, pastries...etc) although my room rate came with the full breakfast.

I think the hotel is still trying to work out the kinks. I'm still sceptical of the staff competency to handle an international market, athough you must give them an 'A' for effort.

Nevertheless, I will probably return to the property, hopefully when the dust has settled and the staff can actually understand what I'm saying.

Last edited by Moonlight; Aug 25, 2005 at 9:55 pm
Old Aug 29, 2005, 8:09 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Thanks Moonlight, I think "still trying to work out the kinks" is true. I have booked a rack rate room at this property for my honeymoon in December, so that I can use a points for suite upgrade. Nobody seems to be able to make this work, Hyatt customer service says the property hasnt even loaded suites into inventory. I'm looking forward to SGN, but would really like to know right now that we've got a suite...
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:20 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I noticed that when trying to book a room here for September, the hotel only shows Park rooms available. However, for October, park deluxe rooms are available as well. Not sure, but I guess that not all the hotel rooms are ready yet, and they're still working on some of the larger deluxe rooms and suites?

Moonlight, which type of room did you stay in? Going to Saigon in October, and look forward to staying here..
Old Sep 5, 2005, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by tfung
I noticed that when trying to book a room here for September, the hotel only shows Park rooms available. However, for October, park deluxe rooms are available as well. Not sure, but I guess that not all the hotel rooms are ready yet, and they're still working on some of the larger deluxe rooms and suites?

Moonlight, which type of room did you stay in? Going to Saigon in October, and look forward to staying here..
They only had 3 floors opened out of the nine when I was there. I stayed in their Park room. The Park Deluxe opens up to the pool and garden. I had a peek when I went swimming, very nice veranda outside their room and the landscaping is coming along nicely.

I know they have suites on the upper floor. I asked for a tour, but the suites were not ready yet. They told me that everything should be ready by Oct for their peak season.

When you going in Sept? Perhaps you can give us a report on the other rooms, especially the suite. I am curious, too.

Last edited by Moonlight; Sep 5, 2005 at 8:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.