Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: KF Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Nice post, meng79.

All things being equal, most people recommend the upgrade to the towers side and towers lounge at the Sheraton HK in TST. (See master thread in the SPG forum.)

The propery might rank higher up on your list if you had access to the towers lounge. This was the view from our room on the towers side. We had a great view of the Grand Hyatt. The Towers room was very nice, the lounge was very nice, but not nearly as nice as the lounge at the Grand Hyatt across the bay.

Is that view blocked now?

-David
Thanks

Nope the view is still great. But the Intercon harbourview rooms are still better.

I've heard good things about the towers section but its pretty expensive compared to normal rooms and since I hardly have any chance to go for happy hour and skip breakfast most days, its not worth it for me. Another bad thing about the Sheraton HK is that they either upgrade you to a garden view suite or a harbourview deluxe.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Am thinking of trying this hotel for a stay in October (gosh I make plans far in advance!) -- have generally been in large, nice suites at the GH, but I figure I should try someplace else at least once.
It is a bit discouraging since reviews do seem very mixed here.

So far I actually booked the entry level suite. If I get upgraded, it would be to a higher level suite which it appears no one has yet stayed in, so we shall see. If the hotel sucks, I may immediately switch to the GH after one night!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
-- have generally been in large, nice suites at the GH, but I figure I should try someplace else at least once.
!
If you are used to Scott and the crew at the GH club, your comment will be, it's nice for the Kowloon side, but it is not for me
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:51 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKKROP
If you are used to Scott and the crew at the GH club, your comment will be, it's nice for the Kowloon side, but it is not for me
The club isn't as important as the room quality. I have been usually getting upgraded to Ambassador or Diplomat suites at the GH, but about half the time have to fight a bit before I get them, which can be somewhat annoying.

I also kind of like that the TST hotel is right next to the MRT, plus it must have been decades since I've stayed on the Kowloon side.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The club isn't as important as the room quality. I have been usually getting upgraded to Ambassador or Diplomat suites at the GH, but about half the time have to fight a bit before I get them, which can be somewhat annoying.

I also kind of like that the TST hotel is right next to the MRT, plus it must have been decades since I've stayed on the Kowloon side.
The entry level suite here is definitely not big... but everything is new and I like the location 100x better. However it is lacking that 'grand' feeling. PM me if you want the front desk manager's contact info if you want to explore that upgrade.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
+1. Personally, I don't get all the hype on the GH. Its nice, and the club is definitley nice, but I've been less than impressed with the rooms the handfull of times I've stayed there.

The TST location isn't nearly as grand. Much simpler hotel, but its new. The regular suites that you upgrade into are pretty small though. I spent a week in one recently and it was fine for just me, but it would have been a bit tight for the family and I would have regretted burning the upgrade.

The club is ok. Clean and nice, but the food offerings are minimal for Asia.

The location though is great. MTR is close, as is the star ferry.
Old May 1, 2011, 3:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
MTR entrance from Hyatt TST

Hi,

how do you find the entrance to the MTR from the hotel? I always get lost both trying to leave and also trying to find my back back !

:-)

thank you.
Old May 1, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
Hi,

how do you find the entrance to the MTR from the hotel? I always get lost both trying to leave and also trying to find my back back !

:-)

thank you.
You have at least a couple of options:

1. From the lobby level, take the elevator down to Ground level. Exit the hotel and cross Hanoi Road. There are 2 entrances to the MTR just across from the hotel (Exit N1 and N2). Once you're underground, turn left to East TST station or right to TST station. There are moving walkways.

2. Go inside the K11 and go down to B2 level and follow the sign to the MTR station. This is exit N3.

Similarly from the MTR station to the hotel, just look for and follow the signs for exits N1, N2, or N3.
Old May 2, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Not sure if it is a cost cutting measure but the club at TST changed how they offer their 'hot' items during breakfast and cocktail hour. Instead of the congee / apps out for guests to serve themselves, you now need to request it from the lounge staff.
Old May 3, 2011, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by silver-tls
Not sure if it is a cost cutting measure but the club at TST changed how they offer their 'hot' items during breakfast and cocktail hour. Instead of the congee / apps out for guests to serve themselves, you now need to request it from the lounge staff.
This is the same practice as HR Sha Tin, GH Shenzhen, GH Guangzhou, and probably other China Hyatts. But glad to find that this wasn't the case at GH HK. The staff will let you have as much as you want though. Also the last time I was there in February for 3 nights, the lounge was deserted, there couldn't have been more than 5 guests there at any one time during breakfasts and cocktail hours.
Old May 17, 2011, 11:04 am

Am planning a one-night stay (paid) at this property in early June. What can one expect as a diamond member in terms of room upgrades if booking a standard room? Any ideas? Thanks!
Old May 17, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by domirule
Am planning a one-night stay (paid) at this property in early June. What can one expect as a diamond member in terms of room upgrades if booking a standard room? Any ideas? Thanks!
I booked a 1 night stay as a platinum, in a standard club room, and was upgraded to a corner harbour view room on the 23rd floor.

It was a decent room, small, but the view was the best I have ever had in HKG.
Old May 23, 2011, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm at this property right now.

Very nice facilities, modern and clean.

I do have a big gripe: the fitness center. What is that? A few treadmills and a stack of weights where the max weight is 14kg?!? Furthermore, no steam and sauna?

For a new hotel this is very surprising.
Old May 24, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA EXPLAT, United PE
United959 - are you a Hyatt diamond? did they give you any sort of room upgrade?
We received a corner room upgrade on the 24th floor the last time we were there. Used a suite upgrade the time before, however, the suite was pretty small and we didn't end up using the living room area. I can't place my finger on it, but I really don't like this hotel. Sure, it's nice and modern but is lacking in the warmth and service category.
Old May 24, 2011, 9:55 am

I've stayed in this hotel twice and both times booked the cheapest, prepaid standard room and both times were upgraded to a nice harbour view room on a high floor.

Didn't find any faults with the service in the club lounge and elsewhere, and found it to be generally good with polite and friendly staff, although nowhere near GH HK level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.