Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
When did you see in the low HK$2000s? I think the lowest I've seen is around HK$2800, which is where it's at now. At around HK$2000, I would be really tempted to try it out.
You're right, I stand corrected. Ritz is $2.8k through till summer. I must have mixed it up with The Murray which is in fact around HK$2k ish.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:11 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the GHHK thread, but I was just checking prices for the middle of March. Hyatt TST is less than HK$1000 while GHHK is now HK$1500. Have you guys seen prices this low before? GHHK must be a steal if you have Globalist and take full advantage of the lounge access.
Lounge is closed at HR and Centric, I imagine it's closed at Grand Hyatt too. I'm at the Centric right now. Paying $730/night.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by helvetic
Lounge is closed at HR and Centric, I imagine it's closed at Grand Hyatt too. I'm at the Centric right now. Paying $730/night.
What are they doing for elites with lounge access? I get that breakfast will be served at the restaurant. I'm surprised you're getting HK$730/night. I have yet to have seen it for that low. HR Shatin is at that price range and tempting to try, but it's Shatin...
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
At the Centric they have a section of the restaurant set up as a lounge. It's nice actually, perfectly great arrangement. Food offering is a reduced but whatever, they weren't mind blowing snacks anyways. They have table service and will make you the drinks, cocktails, etc. as usual. You'll see an attendant in a lounge uniform instead of the waiter uniform. You can also sit outside on the rooftop bar terrace which is nice.

For breakfast, the a-la carte offering is far superior to the lounge buffet. It's basically the same food you'd get in the buffet breakfast, but prepared and serve a la carte and it's better. You can get the usual coffee teas snacks all day, no charge. You can also order off the restaurant menu for the usual price if you'd like.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA
First timer to HKG later this year. 3 nights, 2 full days. Looking at either this HR TST or Vic Centric. Seems that for first timers this would be the preferred location? For reference I am an Explorist with English as only language.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by theshaun
First timer to HKG later this year. 3 nights, 2 full days. Looking at either this HR TST or Vic Centric. Seems that for first timers this would be the preferred location? For reference I am an Explorist with English as only language.
I far prefer the Centric but most people will probably tell you to stay in TST which is much more touristy.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Yes, I agree that first timer the HR TST is the better location. However, I would take the Grand Hyatt over both of these if you would consider that. Not as far as location, I just like that hotel way better.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
for a 1st time tourist HR in TST is the superior location.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by friedablass
Yes, I agree that first timer the HR TST is the better location. However, I would take the Grand Hyatt over both of these if you would consider that. Not as far as location, I just like that hotel way better.
For an Explorist, I think he would be better off with TST.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SHLTP
for a 1st time tourist HR in TST is the superior location.
I agree. It's right next to the subway station!
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:02 pm

For an Explorist, I think he would be better off with TST.
Any experience staying here as an explorist? Can I expect an upgrade from a base room?
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Any experience staying here as an explorist? Can I expect an upgrade from a base room?
Now should be easier than ever.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you tried this yet? I'm heading back to HK soon. It'll either be here or a Marriott property for me.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:25 pm

Have you tried this yet? I'm heading back to HK soon. It'll either be here or a Marriott property for me.
no, my trip is not till later in the year
Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:54 pm

Hi - I am a Hyatt Explorist member and looking to book this hotel for 10 nights. I’m thinking of mainly booking standard king for most (since I can use 15k points or combo of cash and points). But also considering booking a suite (24k) or premium suite (30k) for a few nights at the end of my stay.

is the suite worth the 24 or 30k points? And what about the standard vs premium suite? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.