Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1k, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
It's pretty easy to get from the Airport Express to the HR TST. Get off at the Kowloon station, then you can take a cab for about $4-5 USD, or go take a free shuttle.

For the cab drivers, in case they don't know about the HR TST address (since it's brand new in the current location), tell them to head to the Masterpiece residential project (Ming Ju in Cantonese) or the K11 Mall, on Mody Road.

Cabs are cheap in HK, so pretty easy to get to any of the usual sightseeing spots. If you are going to the HK side, you can always take the MTR. There is an entrance to the MTR right across the street from the hotel.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 6:11 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by gpp79
I will be staying in HR TST, I wanted to know how to get there from Airport- Airport express - which station? From the MTR station, how do I get to the hotel?

Reg. Site seeing, we are planning to go some famous attractions, how do we get there? Inside the hotel, what to make the most use of?

We will be there at 8 am to 8 pm. I have been given Harbour View room with Louge access as I am a Diamond member. Will post the review soon. Eventhough I stay less than 12 hours, they wanted me to spend 2 free nights from FFN to make sure I have room, which is sad.

As Diamond member, what benefit do I get at this property?
In terms of sightseeing, it depends on what you want to see. There are some temples and parks and markets around and some museums. You are also within walking distance of the Star Ferry which will take you to HK Island and you can go up to Victoria Peak. For shopping (Hong Kong's national pastime), you're also within walking distance of Harbour City (which you'll go to anyway, if you're taking Star Ferry), which is an enormous mall with all sorts of shops, including a big branch of Lane Crawford and lots of designer boutiques whose only branch in HK can be found there. You'll also find lots of less expensive shops. It's a really gigantic mall, and you could spend your whole day there if you like shopping. If you know what you want to see, just ask the concierge when you get there on directions.

The one good thing about HK is that the cabs are cheap and their subway system is very good. When you buy your airport express train card, you might want to also buy the passes for unlimited ride on the subways.

Personally, I took the coach bus shuttle from the airport, because I didn't want to have to deal with a transfer from the airport express train to a cab, but I'm sure it's easy.

I'm not sure I understand why you had to spend 2 FFN for a stay from 8AM - 8PM. That doesn't seem right. Do you mean the hotel forced you to do this or Gold Passport? I would verify with GP, if the former.

As a Diamond, I got access to club lounge. I also got an amenity in my room which was a bowl of fruit and full bottle of wine. I used a Diamond Suite Upgrade, and so I don't know about any upgrade accorded to Diamonds without redeeming one of the suite upgrades.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by thc
I'm not sure I understand why you had to spend 2 FFN for a stay from 8AM - 8PM. That doesn't seem right. Do you mean the hotel forced you to do this or Gold Passport? I would verify with GP, if the former.
Probably to guarantee that the room was available at 8:00am, the hotel wanted the room booked under the FFN for the night before as well.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 2:51 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
I had one night stay last weekend,over all Hyatt TST is ok.

Check in around 7:25PM,the front office staff call the lounge extend another 15 minutes cocktail hour for me.
She said I only stay here one day,please enjoy the lounge.

I use my final suite upgrade,they put me on 10th floor,which is lowest level in the hotel.She mention today is fully booked.I decide pay extra 400 HKD and my suite is on 23rd floor with harbour view.

When I saw the suite,its ordinary design nothing special. I am ready to enjoy harbour view.
Wait....there is no clear view from my room. Is it foggy? Let me check again,the window is very dirty.
I ask duty manager to double check.She told me the hotel never done any outside window cleaning since built.She waived the extra 400HKD.

Here is the photo.
Day time compare with Upper House.

I am thinking write a letter to GM,am I too over?

Last edited by seiknujnama; Jan 26, 2010 at 10:52 am
Old Jan 26, 2010, 9:30 am

Did I get it right by saying that they originally put you in a non view suite in 10th floor and if you pay HKD400 more, they will let you have that harbor view suite?

I for one will write to the GM telling him how dirty is the window and show him the so called harbor view pictures.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Have an upcoming trip to HKG (first time), and leaning towards HR TST. Planning on using points. Any feelings/concensus on if it's worth spending 18k/night for Club King or just do 15k/night for "regular" King? Not expecting major upgrades given award stay, but as a Diamond, would they bump us to Club anyway?
Since the only thing that seems to draw me to Club room is the view of the harbour and skyline at night, does Club guarantee a nice view or is it still a lottery?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 7:04 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Stayed last Friday for 1 night using my FFN. Decided not to go for the GH in Wanchai as I needed to be in the NT early mornings. The MTR station is just accross the road, which is very convenient.

This was my first night as a non-Diamond, so no upgrades or welcome gifts!
However, the y gave me a room on the 17th floor with a great view! The room was a standard room, very small, but nicely decorated. The bathroom was big compared to the room. They could have made it smaller, so the room could be bigger.

Through the breakfast roomservice card I could order tea or coffee for free (noticed that not every Hyatt has this, I am right?), it was delivered spot on time! Nicely brewed coffee with warm milk.

Not a bad experience and the location is perfect!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:13 am

I booked a 6 night stay here in September and used a Diamond suite upgrade. I was booked into a Regency King suite, but I would really like a view of the harbor. My question is, does anyone know if there Harbor View Regency suite is worth it? The hotel says it would cost me another 440 HKD a day to upgrade from the Regency King Suite I was booked into, to a Regency Harbor View. Is the view worth the $? Also, I assume that as a Diamond they do not have to upgrade me to the best suite that is not a presidential or diplomatic, on a confirmed Diamond suite upgrade?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Depends what you want the harbour view for. The view is nice, but the view is nicer from the Hong Kong island facing the Kowloon side. Note you can also get views from the Regency club. My partner and I personally didn't think much of the view, but that was just us.

As for the suite, I believe it is always booked into entry level suite, so you probably shouldn't bet on any surprises when you check in.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:09 pm

Hmm, well for about $1000 more for 6 nights, I could stay in the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, where I am sure I would get a Grand Executive Harbor View suite as my diamond upgrade. Considering changing the reservation...thoughts?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Can't advise you on that. I've never stayed in a Harbour room at GHHK. I'm sure others here have.

The HR Tsim Sha Tsui is a nice hotel though. It is new and well furnished and very close to the MTR while GHHK isn't. Regency club selections are okay but not great.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Hmm let me pull this one up as well.

I would like the Kowloon side much more than HKI... is there something that would speak absolutely against staying there rather than the GH ?

The HR seems to be new and nice.

Thanks,
S
Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:15 am

Programs: KF Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Gold Ambassador
There is a reason why the viewing gallery for the nightly light show is on the Kowloon side and why harbor-view rooms on the Kowloon side command huge premiums;

The harbor view from the Kowloon side is magnificent and much much better than from the other side.

However the harbor-view from HR TST leaves a lot to be desired;

1. Its further from the waterside compared to the Intercon, Sheraton and Pen and there are a couple of tall buildings marring the view.

2. The windows at the HR TST are very dirty and blurry, 3 stays in the last month and no improvement at all!

If you want a great harbor-view, stay at the Intercon, Sheraton or Pen. I paid 1000HKD extra for Harbor-view at the Intercon for my parents and they loved it. I wouldn't do that for the HR.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:21 am

Programs: KF Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Hmm let me pull this one up as well.

I would like the Kowloon side much more than HKI... is there something that would speak absolutely against staying there rather than the GH ?

The HR seems to be new and nice.

Thanks,
S
The GHHK is more old-fashioned, rooms are dated; they still have CRTs in the room.. location is not so good.

HR TST is spanking new and the rooms though not as roomy are nicely finished and have all the mod cons, remember to ask for a room with bath-tub though.

I personally prefer the HR TST as the GHHK is far too expensive but the GHHK has one thing going for it; the grand club is one of the best lounges I have ever been to.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Well, as I said in the previous thread my flight ex ZRH arrives in HKG at 4:30pm so I should be in full rush hour going to the hotel. Would the Lounge be open at that time when I arrive at the hotel, so about 6:30P ? Especially, could I use it or is it closing short after. IIRC there isnt that much going on in HKI on a Saturday or am I mistaken ?

One thing is, price doesnt matter - it's an award. I just want the better Hotel overall, the price (be it higher or lower) is not really important. Plus right now the difference between the 2 for next weekend is 400 HKD if you pay for the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.