FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   TARGETTED - 3000 Bonus points for 2 night stays - Through 9/30/09 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/972364-targetted-3000-bonus-points-2-night-stays-through-9-30-09-a.html)

PSGlenn Jul 7, 2009 7:56 am

TARGETTED - 3000 Bonus points for 2 night stays - Through 9/30/09

I Just received this email from Hyatt. Appears to be targeted.

"At Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™, we believe that your loyalty always deserves ours, and we would like to thank you for continuing to stay with us. Please enjoy this exclusive offer, compliments of Hyatt Gold Passport™.

Receive 3,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points when you book two nights or more at Hyatt™

To show our appreciation, every time you book two nights or more at Hyatt between now and September 30, 2009, we'll automatically award you 3,000 bonus points in addition to the points you already receive for your stay. Indulge in extra Hyatt hospitality by using these bonus points to upgrade your room during future stays, receive a free night, save for a weekend getaway or more.

To receive your 3,000 bonus points, simply provide your Hyatt Gold Passport number and choose "points for stay" when booking via hyatt.com or by calling 1-800-233-1234 or your nearest Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Centre.

It's just part of our commitment to you

This exclusive offer is just part of a bigger commitment by every Hyatt hotel to extend our hospitality and make you feel more than welcome every time you stay. We've also recently introduced enhancements to our Hyatt Gold Passport program, providing many new benefits that we hope you're enjoying.

We hope you'll be pleased with this token of appreciation. On behalf of every member of the Hyatt family, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,"

kingalien Jul 7, 2009 8:58 am

Got this one too.

bob95409 Jul 7, 2009 10:55 am

Got this offer yesterday. A little confusion on two nights or two stays. A quick call to GP c/s this morning advised that the 3000 bonus points would be after the second stay.
With all the different offers, I would say that c/s will be busy today.
Bob

SF1K Jul 8, 2009 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by bob95409 (Post 12025904)
Got this offer yesterday. A little confusion on two nights or two stays. A quick call to GP c/s this morning advised that the 3000 bonus points would be after the second stay.
With all the different offers, I would say that c/s will be busy today.
Bob

That doesn't sound right. It seemed to me that it would be 3000 bonus points for any 2 night stay. That is how the wording reads to me.

bob95409 Jul 8, 2009 11:09 pm

I just passed the info I was given from GP..I will accept what I was told and plan accordingly..If you have questions, call GP direct, press 2 for GP.
Since you are nearby, check the rate at Vinyard Creek, Santa Rosa, put in G2 in the offer code. Got $79. rate, with $50.00 credit and a bunch of points. The food is good and Diamond treatment has been outstanding.
W1, G2 and M/C 2500 bonus, and now an additional 3000 for every 2 stays.
Bob

gregorygrady Jul 9, 2009 12:30 am

Originally Posted by SF1K (Post 12035283)
That doesn't sound right. It seemed to me that it would be 3000 bonus points for any 2 night stay. That is how the wording reads to me.

That is how it reads to me as well. I think OP got a misinformed CSR.

courcoison Jul 9, 2009 1:34 am

Good Morning:

This is very confusing. I was told by the Diamond Desk that the 3000 points was a one time occurence only...

The other promotion, buy 2 get one free night is also as confusing.

This latest promotion was offered to me but it makes no sense as out of 9 upcoming stays none qualify "rate wise".

Should I want to take advantage of it I would have to pay quite a lot more to get a free room...

In other words I would have to pay up front for the "free" room...

I think Hyatt can do better than that.

Shareholder Jul 10, 2009 6:50 pm

When I posted this on the other bonus thread, I did not the confusion as to whether this needed to be two consecutive nights at the same property, or if it could be two separate one-night stays. This latter is my interpretation. Also not clear that it was a one-time bonus as it says "every time you book two nights or more" which implies every second night one would receive another 3K.

todorovic Jul 11, 2009 11:43 pm

This really is confusing. If it requires a 2-night stay at a single property this promo is useless to me as I virtually have all one-nighters until the end of Sept. However, if it is a bonus after every 2 nights than I'm golden as I will have quite a few stays by the end of the promo period. I'll have to check with GP on Monday to see what they say. Come to think of it - I already had 5 stays since the beginning of the promo so I should've already received 6k pts if the latter scenario is the true one.

Shareholder Jul 13, 2009 7:44 am

Originally Posted by todorovic (Post 12052042)
This really is confusing. If it requires a 2-night stay at a single property this promo is useless to me as I virtually have all one-nighters until the end of Sept. However, if it is a bonus after every 2 nights than I'm golden as I will have quite a few stays by the end of the promo period. I'll have to check with GP on Monday to see what they say. Come to think of it - I already had 5 stays since the beginning of the promo so I should've already received 6k pts if the latter scenario is the true one.

Hope you've been paying with a MC card and registered for that promo. Adds another 2500 per stay.

SJC1K Jul 13, 2009 8:53 am

Originally Posted by SF1K (Post 12035283)

I agree:

Originally Posted by PSGlenn (Post 12024800)
... every time you book two nights or more at Hyatt between now and September 30, 2009, we'll automatically award you 3,000 bonus points in addition to the points you already receive for your stay [note: not "stays" or "stay(s)"]. [Emphasis added.]

Although it could be written more precisely, it seems clear to me that this means 3000 bonus points for each stay of two or more nights. Otherwise what could the "or more" mean? It would have to be "every time you book two nights", or, better, "for every two nights you stay." And if you could have two stays to get the 3000 points, they should say "... in addition to the points you already receive for your stay(s)."

I got this promotion. When I'm in a multi-Hyatt city, it will still pay to switch hotels, since I will get the MC 2500-point bonus and the Diamond 1W bonus for the second stay, plus any G1/G2/G3 bonus. Only if the second hotel is a Hyatt Place (therefore with a 500-point Diamond amenity) with no G1/G2/G3 bonus would it be a wash. Still, this will come in handy on a couple of coming stays: a two-day stay at the HR Century Plaza for a meeting (so that a hotel switch would be very inconvenient) and a company-paid stay at the Hyatt on the Bund with my spouse (who thinks I'm crazy for mattress-running and other shenanigans).

todorovic Jul 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder (Post 12057326)
Hope you've been paying with a MC card and registered for that promo. Adds another 2500 per stay.

I sure did. Rookie days are long gone ;).

AZ Travels the World Jul 13, 2009 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by SJC1K (Post 12057681)
. . . and a company-paid stay at the Hyatt on the Bund with my spouse (who thinks I'm crazy for mattress-running and other shenanigans).

Oh, but the two Hyatts across the river in SHA are well worth the run. :)

SF1K Jul 13, 2009 3:26 pm

So just completed a 3 night stay at Grand Hyatt NYC (they really need to take the Grand away from this property - the only thing Grand about it are their prices at times). Anyway, I had a number of bonuses not post so I called, they added everything. G2 and LA2NY (3000 points), when I said I also received this targeted promotion the rep said he had to register me for that one and then those 3000 points would post the following day. Sure enough they did. He even said that "I don't know why they didn't mention in the email that people need to register for this." Anyway so it does seem that it is any stay of 2 or more nights that gets you 3000 bonus points. Have 4 nights in San Antonio this week so we'll see if I get another 3000 bonus points, but I'd say 99% that I will. NYC was 14000 points for the three nights, which is double what I normally receive for a similar priced stay at this property. Yippee!!

Shareholder Jul 14, 2009 5:56 am

Agree NYC Hyatt is neither Grand, nor worthy of the brand in such a major world city.

As for the promo, guess I will still be marginally better off spending my two nights in Seattle at the two Hyatt properties than getting the 3K bonus on a two-night stay at one of them. Two nights at either the Grand or Olive would get me base points (1,850)+30% Diamond bonus (616)+1K amenity+2.5K MC bonus+3K for a total of 8,966 pts, while a night at each of the two gets me 2x base points+30% Diamond bonus+1K amenity+2.5K MC bonus for a total of 9,466 pts. But having not been offered the double stay credit offer, the two stay credits is more helpful than 1 stay credit.

Did anyone else know we have to register for these promos?