Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TARGETTED - "We'd Like to Thank You With 1 Free Night" - B2G3 (Buy2-Get3rd) - 9/30/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETTED - "We'd Like to Thank You With 1 Free Night" - B2G3 (Buy2-Get3rd) - 9/30/09

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
OK, nothing here either, but I did win a free night in The Big Welcome, so I figure I'm ahead of the game.

Oh, and for my SPG friends, who were kind enough to target me for the contest to win 2 2nd row center loge Coldplay tickets for 10k *points:

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS - BOY AM I MAD! THESE TARGETTED PROMOS DESTROY LOYALTY TO THE PROGRAM, WAAAHHH!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Targeted promos in the world of the internet are the worst form of marketing as they tend to alienate those who do not get them, as well as those who get the type of promo they really don't want. I suggest an entire cleansing of the marketing department at Hyatt as they've thoroughly blown it, first with the so-called Big promo, and now with these relatively lame targeted promos. For a company that excels in their understanding of design and architecture, Hyatt has no sense of how to market in the 21st century!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Trustguy
I attempted to add the offer code to an existing reservation I have for 4 nights at Churchill in London. I am also using one of my Diamond suite upgrades with this reservation. Diamond CS agent came back and told me that I couldn't use both B2G3 and a suite upgrade. I would be interested in learning whether anyone else has this same experience...
I wonder if maybe you can cancel your reservation, then book the B2G3 rate for your stay, and then call back the next day and add the Suite upgrade. That might work.

Possibly once they alter your reservation to confirm you into the Suite, then they can't change anything on the rate side of things. It's worth a try at least.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:26 pm

Time to start inputting random codes into the hyatt.com booking page to see what comes up. I'll let you all know if I have any success with B1G7 or something like that.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Time to start inputting random codes into the hyatt.com booking page to see what comes up. I'll let you all know if I have any success with B1G7 or something like that.
That would be great. Just one thing, though. The T&C for this one say, "Free night will be deducted at checkout for every eligible consecutive third night." So, it seems to be a bit of a roll of the dice, like the DEL and Delicious $150... You find out at the end if it worked.

Whoops, too serious here. "B1G7"

Last edited by Firewind; Jul 7, 2009 at 7:45 pm
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by zacktravel
No offers for me yet
Nor me, but I have requalified so I think they think I didn't need it.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:08 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I am already enrolled in the Diamond double stay promo. Perhaps this is why I haven't gotten anything.
Can you elaborate further about what promo you are referring to?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Can you elaborate further about what promo you are referring to?
If you do a quick search in this forum you'll find a couple of threads including this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...9-30-09-a.html
Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:17 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
I had no problem booking DEL5K first and then call Res redeeming the suite upgrade award. Actually all paid rates should be eligible for the upgrade.

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I wonder if maybe you can cancel your reservation, then book the B2G3 rate for your stay, and then call back the next day and add the Suite upgrade. That might work.

Possibly once they alter your reservation to confirm you into the Suite, then they can't change anything on the rate side of things. It's worth a try at least.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:23 am

Stay credit Question

Forgive me if I'm being "ignorant", I've gone through this thread to see if it's been asked (no luck finding).
We got this offer. DH has got a stay starting 9/28 and would stay 5 nights, so not a problem. Would this count as 3 nights for status credit or only 2? He's presently platinum w/2 stay, 2 night credit so far but we'd like for him to have the "diamond" upgrade (if it's still available). Also I wonder if he checks out after 9/30 but has fulfilled the 2 night minimum he'd get credit for this offer since he's checking out after the offer expiration.
Any info would be appreciated.
TIA
Carolyn
Old Jul 9, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, AA G (MM), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, Global Entry, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Targeted promos in the world of the internet are the worst form of marketing as they tend to alienate those who do not get them, as well as those who get the type of promo they really don't want. I suggest an entire cleansing of the marketing department at Hyatt as they've thoroughly blown it, first with the so-called Big promo, and now with these relatively lame targeted promos. For a company that excels in their understanding of design and architecture, Hyatt has no sense of how to market in the 21st century!
Respectfully, I couldn't disagree more. Walk around any Web firm -- established or startup -- and you'll see that their entire marketing operation depends on targeted promotions. Everything is tested, re-tested, and re-re-tested. Data is gathered and analyzed frequently, often daily. What doesn't work is re-worked if it can be, tossed if not. I see no reason why hotels should work any differently. The fact that some small fraction of Hyatt's elite travelers hang out here on FT and are therefore aware of all the targeted promotions shouldn't change their behavior one bit.

Besides, it would seem that Hyatt is doing the right thing, and looking the other way when we FTs attempt to use targeted promotions we didn't receive. Little to no skin off their nose, keeps us happy, and allows them to continue their research.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I don't disagree that this is the new wave in marketing, but it is as faulty a genre of marketing as has been the notion of mass marketing that people actually watch TV ads and we predicated an entire media system for 50-years around such a ridiculous model. With the web we now know what everybody is getting pitched and if we don't get the good offers we feel greater resentment to the company and its products. In effect, it backfires. It is only continued because this new wave of marketers and marketing executives think it works and is the greatest thing since sliced bread. It is BS, just as is most marketing devices.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by Trustguy
I attempted to add the offer code to an existing reservation I have for 4 nights at Churchill in London. I am also using one of my Diamond suite upgrades with this reservation. Diamond CS agent came back and told me that I couldn't use both B2G3 and a suite upgrade. I would be interested in learning whether anyone else has this same experience...
I was able to change an existing reservation to B2G3 and the CSR confirmed the suite upgrade is still attached.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by boosman
Besides, it would seem that Hyatt is doing the right thing, and looking the other way when we FTs attempt to use targeted promotions we didn't receive. Little to no skin off their nose, keeps us happy, and allows them to continue their research.
I wish SPG would take this mantra
Old Jul 9, 2009, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
What I'll do is see which offers are sent to fellow diamonds and then call in and make a pitch to the one that I prefer the most
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
double stay credit, now thats the one that I would like
Any luck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.