Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 5:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Successfully claimed a flex vs. flex with Booking.com.

I'm not 100% sure whether the cancellation policies were identical
Got one approved where the cancellation deadline was off by 2 days ^
Old May 18, 2019, 3:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Was able to match amoma. Booked BAR rate while amoma was non-refundable.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seawolf
Congrats! That's incredible.
Old May 18, 2019, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Surely that was a mistake on the agent's part...
craigthemif likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:00 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
What happens if Hyatt does not keep its 24h promise? Any compensation?
Old May 19, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peter42
What happens if Hyatt does not keep its 24h promise? Any compensation?
Nothing happens. The competing rate probably changed and your claim is rejected.

The T&Cs don't promise that Hyatt will reply within 24 hours, only that you must claim within 24 hours. Yes... I know that Hyatt claim in the marketing that they will reply within 24 hours. But the marketing also claims that they will match lower rates, which we know not to be true in most cases...
Old May 19, 2019, 10:07 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I have a Hyatt that's not showing any availability but is on various other OTAs. Is there a way to make a claim in this case (where I can't reserve on Hyatt's site)
Old May 21, 2019, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
I have a Hyatt that's not showing any availability but is on various other OTAs. Is there a way to make a claim in this case (where I can't reserve on Hyatt's site)
I believe you have to book on Hyatt before u can submit a claim
Old May 21, 2019, 3:39 am

I do not think a BRG will be possible unfortunately
Old May 21, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
I was able to match priceline non-refundable rate to hyatt best available rate last weekend.
I'm pretty sure it's agent's mistake as she first said rate cannot be match since priceline required a membership.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:06 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
You can‘t. And you can‘t do a BRG again ta guaranteed availibility rate either.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by econ
BRG team seems to be up to their old tricks again. Just had a recent claim denied after booking a Standard Rate because instead of comparing that rate with the lower OTA rate with equivalent cancellation policy, they claimed it was invalid because there's an Advance Purchase rate on hyatt.com available that is even lower. Well, of course there is.

When I pointed this out, they insisted that was the policy. Incredible!
That sounds a lot like the Hilton BRG agent I spoke with last week. They'll do anything not to approve.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Do I need to book the BAR or the member rate for BRG? Marriott now requires booking the member rate so I want to be sure before looking for BRG's
Old May 26, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
How to best proceed on this one?:

I was browsing hotels on Google Maps and saw a daily rate of USD 240,33 per night on the Hyatt Regency Tokyo for my dates in November. This was through Nustay.com, which offered a refundable rate at this price (although cancellation had to be 1 week prior to arrival).

Hyatt charged USD 292,3 for the same room on the same dates, although with a 48 hour prior cancellation and I booked this. I know that the cancellation policy is not the same and that the rate is therefore not eligible. However, my issue is that Hyatt is unable to replicate the price I have seen.

Currently, I can only get the rate of USD 240,33 for a non-refundable room on Nustay, and whilst that is fine (I don't mind booking a non-refundable as I know I will be in Tokyo on those days), I do not want to book a non-refundable rate directly with Hyatt at USD 266,76 if they just come back to me and say "sorry, can't replicate your price", as I will then be stuck with the higher price. I only want to stay at this property if I can get it for USD 240,33 minus 20 % (BRG).

I have been able to consistently replicate the price of USD 240,33 over the last 24 hours, but I have to go through Google Maps to get it, as I'm seeing USD 249 per night if I go through Nustay.com directly.

How do I proceed here? I want some sort of certainty that I can get the BRG before booking a non-refundable and that Hyatt does not just say "Sorry, can't see it". I have obviously taken a lot of screenshots at different times to document what I'm seeing, but I don't know if that'll be sufficient.
Old May 27, 2019, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Scandinavian traveler

How do I proceed here? I want some sort of certainty that I can get the BRG before booking a non-refundable and that Hyatt does not just say "Sorry, can't see it". I have obviously taken a lot of screenshots at different times to document what I'm seeing, but I don't know if that'll be sufficient.
There are no guarantees and screenshots are never taken as proof, just a guide for the agent. I personally wouldn't risk non-refundable via nustay...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.