Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:17 am

I have a reservation booked for Mexico that is over 60% LESS than Hyatt.com and booked into Club Rooms. Do you guys think I should even try and get a BRG on this or will they cancel my bookings on the other site out of spite.......lol

Am a globalist so not getting anything more by booking direct as this is a all-inclusive resort and have a club level room booked.

Thanks
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
I have a reservation booked for Mexico that is over 60% LESS than Hyatt.com and booked into Club Rooms. Do you guys think I should even try and get a BRG on this or will they cancel my bookings on the other site out of spite.......lol

Am a globalist so not getting anything more by booking direct as this is a all-inclusive resort and have a club level room booked.

Thanks
All you'd get is a $50 credit and points on the cash rate. Accumulating points for lifetime status is a secondary consideration.

That said, nobody is going to cancel an OTA reservation because you have a duplicate reservation at Hyatt in order to claim a BRG.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I give up on Hyatt.

An obvious rate difference with a property and denied due to a free membership option (not required) on the OTA final confirmation page.

Even Marriott (and never pre-merger Starwood) were this picky.
TerryK likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
To me the Hyatt price guarantee is a scam.

The agent replied that 3rd party rate was higher on priceline.com (openly available rate, not express deal, I even sent them a screenshot).

They did not deny me for the room type, because obviously it is the same.

I am comparing non-member pre-paid rate, to the pre-paid rate on priceline.

So what I guess they have done, is comparing a flexible rate on priceline.com to the pre-paird rate on Hyatt.com, and screw me up claiming that 3rd party is more expensive. LOL.

I guess whoever check the rate, either can not read English, or can not read numbers.

Wait, then who replied to my claim?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Lol, got exact same experience.

Then I called hotel and cancel, and book again.

Then the agent tried to scam me and said that rate on 3rd party is higher.

They can go as far as creating false statement so I'm pretty sure the BPG is a scam.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:33 pm

Got exact same experience.

Then I called hotel and cancel, and book again with non-member pre-paid rate.

Then the agent tried to scam me and said that rate on 3rd party is higher.

They can go as far as creating false statement so I'm pretty sure the BPG is a scam.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:34 pm

Yes, they can be matched at Hilton.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Scrub
Tried my first BRG today with hotels.com today. Was either denied for bundled free wifi or more likely those "sale" prices they do these days which I guess Hyatt considers a coupon. Price on hotels.com was 30% less for flex than Hyatt for standard rate.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pairofkeets
Tried my first BRG today with hotels.com today. Was either denied for bundled free wifi or more likely those "sale" prices they do these days which I guess Hyatt considers a coupon. Price on hotels.com was 30% less for flex than Hyatt for standard rate.
I would keep resubmitting until someone approves it. Hotels.com "pay at hotel" has always worked fine for me... eventually...
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Scrub
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I would keep resubmitting until someone approves it. Hotels.com "pay at hotel" has always worked fine for me... eventually...
Unfortunately the price was gone by the end of the day. I got a response about 5 hours after I submitted and price was still there at that time but rather than let a deal go I ended up just booking on Hotels.com. While i'll miss out on some points really at the end of the day it wasn't worth playing jeopardy with them. I'm surprised at how difficult it is to get something which should be straight forward.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:41 am

I will soon be receiving a few BRG $50 e-vouchers. Can I use multiple vouchers to reduce the cost of a single night? Example: Pay for a $105 stay with 2x$50 vouchers, $5, plus applicable taxes? Feels unlikely... yet BRG terms don't indicate it's impermissible.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bedelman
I will soon be receiving a few BRG $50 e-vouchers. Can I use multiple vouchers to reduce the cost of a single night? Example: Pay for a $105 stay with 2x$50 vouchers, $5, plus applicable taxes? Feels unlikely... yet BRG terms don't indicate it's impermissible.
No. You can input one BRG discount code per booking.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Are there any restrictions on obtaining multiple BRG vouchers for back-to-back stays. For example, reservation one, hotel A, Monday night, BRG approved. Reservation two, hotel A, Tuesday BRG approved. Will that earn me 2 x $50 vouchers?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danger
Are there any restrictions on obtaining multiple BRG vouchers for back-to-back stays. For example, reservation one, hotel A, Monday night, BRG approved. Reservation two, hotel A, Tuesday BRG approved. Will that earn me 2 x $50 vouchers?
You can try - you'd certainly have to space out your claims to avoid having the risk of being merged into one - but I've always left a day in between so that IT tracks each one as a proper check-in, check-out stay.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You can try - you'd certainly have to space out your claims to avoid having the risk of being merged into one - but I've always left a day in between so that IT tracks each one as a proper check-in, check-out stay.
I reckon they'll definitely end up on one reservation at check-in. That's certainly been the case when, for example, I've booked one night using a free night cert and then had to book a separate, adjoining reservation with cash, Hyatt's IT system being unable to book different types of reservations under the one reservation number.

As far as I can tell from the T&Cs, there's nothing to say a guest would only end up with one voucher instead of two in my situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.