Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you cant solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of Consumer Affairs and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:12 pm

Property: Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Rate used: Hyatt Daily Rate
Price on Hyatt.com: 169 USD
Price on AMOMA.com: 112 USD
Price adjusted: 97 USD
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Originally Posted by chungkyu82
Property: Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Rate used: Hyatt Daily Rate
Price on Hyatt.com: 169 USD
Price on AMOMA.com: 112 USD
Price adjusted: 97 USD
Adjusted price is not 20% off the amoma rate. Curious how they arrived at 97
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: IHG-PA,HH-G,SPG-G,Kimpton-IC,A3*G,Marriott-S
An update on priceline.com

Hyatt Zilaya Cancun
Premium Ocean Front Deluxe Suite, Flex Cancellation
Hyatt.com: 1200/night, 3600 total for 3 nights
Priceline.com: 554.62/night plus tax & fees, 1980.90 total
Final Price:528.00/night, 1584 total.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:28 pm

I frequently have to correct them on the price they assign me, as it is often less than 20%.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:30 am

Hyatt has dropped the ball yet again with their BRG customer service.

Submitted a BRG on Sunday morning. An agent responded fifteen hours later, which is totally reasonable, that she was unable to view the attachment and kindly requested I send it again. As instructed, I emailed the attachment(s) to her direct email address six hours later. I sent that email thirty hours ago. I submitted the original BRG claim over 48 hours ago. I have not received any additional contact from Hyatt.

The end of the world? No. Just another example of how Hyatt's customer service is very lacking in the BRG department.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
Hyatt has dropped the ball yet again with their BRG customer service.

Submitted a BRG on Sunday morning. An agent responded fifteen hours later, which is totally reasonable, that she was unable to view the attachment and kindly requested I send it again. As instructed, I emailed the attachment(s) to her direct email address six hours later. I sent that email thirty hours ago. I submitted the original BRG claim over 48 hours ago. I have not received any additional contact from Hyatt.

The end of the world? No. Just another example of how Hyatt's customer service is very lacking in the BRG department.
This sounds spookily familiar. I submitted BRG on 13 Feb 15. Next day an agent emails to say no attachment and refers to the wrong website. I sent her the screenshot and correct website. I've heard nothing despite 2 further emails to her and another to Gold Passport. Is this how Hyatt get out of BRG, by simply ignoring claims?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WRAF137
This sounds spookily familiar. I submitted BRG on 13 Feb 15. Next day an agent emails to say no attachment and refers to the wrong website. I sent her the screenshot and correct website. I've heard nothing despite 2 further emails to her and another to Gold Passport. Is this how Hyatt get out of BRG, by simply ignoring claims?
Yeah this was exactly my experience the last few BRGs I tried over the last couple of months! There seems to be some problem with their system where they can't see the attachments.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
In the last 24 hours I've had an email from a rep saying the PDF attachment could not be opened and asking me to resend it and, and a claim approved but only if I accepted the advance purchase rules of the competing site, overriding the flexible conditions of my existing reservation.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:26 pm

My last BRG was approved and I got an email within 30 minutes. I was blown away.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by antonius66
My last BRG was approved and I got an email within 30 minutes. I was blown away.
Agree. As a Hyatt shareholder, I think they do a swimmingly good job of not making it easy to give cash back on the BRG claims. Most folks on this forum are upset because they find it difficult and obtuse. I see it from a slightly different perspective.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Agree. As a Hyatt shareholder, I think they do a swimmingly good job of not making it easy to give cash back on the BRG claims. Most folks on this forum are upset because they find it difficult and obtuse. I see it from a slightly different perspective.
You know what they say about assumptions.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Any recent experience with Prestigia.com ?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:00 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Newest refusal reason: "I cannot switch the website to English"...

Last edited by peter42; Feb 25, 2015 at 6:14 am
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by peter42
Newest refusal reason: "I cannot switch the website to English"...
Mine is even better:
" I cannot switch the JPEG to English"
and this is not a joke.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:08 pm

I just got denied and here is exactly what was in the email message:

Thank you for your Best Rate Guarantee claim submission; I appreciate the opportunity to assist you!

I have reviewed your claim and could not find the lower rate on Getaroom.com and there was the screen shot attached did not show anything . If you could please send them to me directly at [email protected] within the next 24 hours so I can review your claim.

Please let us know if we may be of any other assistance, or if you should have any questions regarding your upcoming stay!
I uploaded it as a PDF after reading what people said here... but maybe they can't read PDFs now? Or maybe you have to make sure that you add .pdf to the end of the file name?

Anyway, I called the number in the email (800.323.7249) and spoke with another representative; she is going to have my rep call me. We will see what I can find out.

----
http://singleflyer.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.