Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you cant solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of Consumer Affairs and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
anyone know if BRG will match

a) advance purchase if the hyatt site does not provide advance purchase?

b) Amoma.com pricing?

thank you.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
anyone know if BRG will match

a) advance purchase if the hyatt site does not provide advance purchase?

b) Amoma.com pricing?

thank you.
I have never heard of B, but I'll reply to what I think you're asking for A.

If there is a non-refundable rate that you are matching, Hyatt will also make it non-refundable and you will be required to pay the full amount when they match the price. They'll compare the rate to the daily rate.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Originally Posted by healthnut
I have never heard of B, but I'll reply to what I think you're asking for A.

If there is a non-refundable rate that you are matching, Hyatt will also make it non-refundable and you will be required to pay the full amount when they match the price. They'll compare the rate to the daily rate.
so if the daily rate I'm booked in is $309 and the nonrefundable rate is $249, will they simply match the $249 but not give me the 20 percent difference (since Hyatt is not offering a nonrefundable rate on their website)?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
They will match the lower price $249, give the 20% discount and likely make it a non-refundable reservation.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:50 pm
formerly lcag08

Originally Posted by texdoc
They will match the lower price $249, give the 20% discount and likely make it a non-refundable reservation.
That doesn't make any sense. Of course the non-refundable rate on the 3rd party website ($x) will be cheaper than the daily rate on the Hyatt website ($y). They're not going to then allow you to book a non-refundable rate on the Hyatt website for $x * 80%.

Without knowing the definitive answer, I'd suspect that if Hyatt isn't offering a non-refundable rate (for whatever reason), then you wont be able to price match any non-refundable rates you may find.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
In my experience Hyatt takes the booking conditions of the most restrictive rate on hyatt.com, regardless of the conditions of the competing rate.

So, even if you're competing rate is non-refundable, if hyatt.com's most restrictive rate is actually fully refundable then you'll get a fully refundable BRG.

Note it also works in reverse. If the competing rate is refundable but hyatt.com isn't, you'll end up with a BRG that is non-refundable, in line with the most restrictive conditions of the Hyatt rate.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lcag08
That doesn't make any sense. Of course the non-refundable rate on the 3rd party website ($x) will be cheaper than the daily rate on the Hyatt website ($y). They're not going to then allow you to book a non-refundable rate on the Hyatt website for $x * 80%.

Without knowing the definitive answer, I'd suspect that if Hyatt isn't offering a non-refundable rate (for whatever reason), then you wont be able to price match any non-refundable rates you may find.
That's just wrong.

Originally Posted by danger
In my experience Hyatt takes the booking conditions of the most restrictive rate on hyatt.com, regardless of the conditions of the competing rate.

So, even if you're competing rate is non-refundable, if hyatt.com's most restrictive rate is actually fully refundable then you'll get a fully refundable BRG.

Note it also works in reverse. If the competing rate is refundable but hyatt.com isn't, you'll end up with a BRG that is non-refundable, in line with the most restrictive conditions of the Hyatt rate.
These days it's all about the cancellation provision of the competing rate. If the competing rate is refundable, you get a refundable booking. If the competing rate is nonrefundable, you get a nonrefundable booking. Regardless of the cheapest Hyatt rate.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lcag08

Don't you think that Hyatt would rather have your money locked in at a non-refundable rate, regardless if it's 20%+ cheaper? Your odds of keeping that room and staying with them skyrocket, which leads to additional spending at the hotel, etc. It's better than a vacant room, which is most likely an option during the time when you find great, cheap rates at third party sites.

Hyatt routinely now uses the terms of the rate that you find.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I saw it mentioned above, but has anybody had any luck with Amoma.com? I had a few agents refuse to match because they don't label the rooms exactly the same, but most 3rd party sites don't label them exactly the same, so I'm hoping I just got unlucky.

For example, Amoma would use "Standard Double" or "Standard Twin" and Hyatt's descriptions are King or 2 Queens.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, DL PM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
if i have a diamond suite upgrade (which is expiring 2/28) that I just applied to a res I made using My Elite rate, and I find a BRG they will honor will my suite upgrade remain in tact?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Etcd21
if i have a diamond suite upgrade (which is expiring 2/28) that I just applied to a res I made using My Elite rate, and I find a BRG they will honor will my suite upgrade remain in tact?
Yes it should
Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by spgplat21
I saw it mentioned above, but has anybody had any luck with Amoma.com? I had a few agents refuse to match because they don't label the rooms exactly the same, but most 3rd party sites don't label them exactly the same, so I'm hoping I just got unlucky.

For example, Amoma would use "Standard Double" or "Standard Twin" and Hyatt's descriptions are King or 2 Queens.
that is splitting hair. It should be validated. Try a few more....
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Etcd21
Yes. I just did this a couple days ago.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:41 pm

Had a successful BRG for Andaz Wall Street for 3/16/2014 on Advanced purchase from getaroom.com @ $165.75 and Hyatt had $175
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
HR Maui
Hyatt was $420 +
hoteltravel was $327
Paid $261.

HR Waikiki
Hyatt $220
Hoteltravel $187
Paid $149

Happy dance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.