Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
you don't have to book the hotel.
just call hyatt BRG.
fyi, they will discourage you with all kinds of crapy...reasons......
good luck!

Originally Posted by carooltje
I used hoteltravel.com for several succesfull claims in California (i.e. Andaz WeHo and HR San Francisco).

For the Grand Hyatt in New York I found a non-refundable rate of USD 279, the refundable rate is 340.
On the Hyatt website these rates are: 310 (non-refundable) and 350 (refundable). As I like to keep my options open, I prefer to book the refundable rate. Does anyone know if I book the refundable rate, Hyatt will match the non-refundable rate of 279?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:29 am

I used hoteltravel.com for several succesfull claims in California (i.e. Andaz WeHo and HR San Francisco).

For the Grand Hyatt in New York I found a non-refundable rate of USD 279, the refundable rate is 340.
On the Hyatt website these rates are: 310 (non-refundable) and 350 (refundable). As I like to keep my options open, I prefer to book the refundable rate. Does anyone know if I book the refundable rate, Hyatt will match the non-refundable rate of 279?
From my experience, you don't need to worry about which type of rate you book. I've submitted quite a few BRG claims against the Advance Purchase/Non-refundable rates and when Hyatt approves the claim, my reservation has never had the non-refundable terms. I asked about this once and was told that they create standard reservations that follow the hotel's cancellation policy.

And to reiterate pclee's point, you don't have to book a hotel first. This works for new reservations as well.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by kenbo
From my experience, you don't need to worry about which type of rate you book. I've submitted quite a few BRG claims against the Advance Purchase/Non-refundable rates and when Hyatt approves the claim, my reservation has never had the non-refundable terms. I asked about this once and was told that they create standard reservations that follow the hotel's cancellation policy.

And to reiterate pclee's point, you don't have to book a hotel first. This works for new reservations as well.
Thanks Kenbo and Pclee. I just made a successful claim .

Grand Hyatt New York $350
Final rate--$223.20 by matching to priceline.com
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:40 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Thanks Kenbo and Pclee. I just made a successful claim .

Grand Hyatt New York $350
Final rate--$223.20 by matching to priceline.com
Congrats!! I assume you mean for priceline it's not the "name your own price" option since that is opaque (you don't know the name of the hotel until after you pay).
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt DIA, Delta Million, USAir Silver
Smile Very positive experience w/ Hyatt BRG

I use a browser plug-in called "DropDown Deals" that is a little annoying sometimes. But it just saved $300++, so I won't uninstall it just yet.

Hyatt Regency Tampa, 2 rooms, 2 nights and Hyatt.com was $189 / night + tax. Room77.com re-directs to dhr.com, and that site (sorta like Kayak) says $159++ with same T's and C's is the rate.

So, 10 minutes later with Hyatt BRG, and boom. They take 20% off of the $159 ($125+ tax), and I've got four room nights at the Hyatt Regency, each for less than a.Hampton or Courtyard.

Thanks Hyatt! And Room 77 / DHR.com.

How nice would it be if all BRG calls were this simple. Hilton, SPG --> I'm thinking you could learn from this...
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
Congrats!! I assume you mean for priceline it's not the "name your own price" option since that is opaque (you don't know the name of the hotel until after you pay).
Correct, it's not the "name our own price", but the "regular" booking site.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:47 am

Correct, it's not the "name our own price", but the "regular" booking site.
Good to know they will match the regular booking tool on Priceline. I was always kind of skeptical simply because it was Priceline.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton Honors Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Delta Skymiles, US Airways Dividend Miles
Success story

Booked the hyatt coconut point in bonita springs, florida.

The going rate on the hyatt website (AAA, mind you) was $269 per night before taxes and fees.... I found it on American Airlines' website (publicly-accessible) for $166 before tax.

I called hyatt and spoke to a nice woman (who didnt know I was a diamond member) who got things straightened out for me. I was on hold about 20-ish minutes, but ultimately got the hotel for $133 per night

I was skeptical but I guess it never hurts to try!
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm trying to do a BRG with hoteltravel and Hyatt claims that since this site requires a (free) login/membership before the reservation can be finalized, this is not a publicly available rate. I've even had a supervisor confirm this.

How did you get around this?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
I'm trying to do a BRG with hoteltravel and Hyatt claims that since this site requires a (free) login/membership before the reservation can be finalized, this is not a publicly available rate. I've even had a supervisor confirm this.

How did you get around this?
IMO where they're getting you is the fact HotelTravel requires you to create a password when you go through the steps of making a routine booking. To a lot of people that signifies "joining" some sort of club or membership. But you're right in that it's a free membership and the rate is publicly available to anyone. This is probably one of those scenarios where two people can have two different experiences (one positive, one negative) when using HotelTravel for a BRG claim w/Hyatt. It's merely the luck of the draw depending on who takes your call. Sad, but true.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BEAV
It's merely the luck of the draw depending on who takes your call. Sad, but true.
It seems that way.

I found the same rate at olotels.com (that hoteltravel.com had) but this site uses Euros to display the final rate. In the end, I did get the BRG but the exchange rate used by Hyatt to convert to USD was so poor that I only saved about 1 percent rather than 20 percent. However the olotels.com was > $100 cheaper per night than hyatt.com so I am OK with the end result since I will get stay credit, can likely use a Diamond Suite upgrade since my rate shows as "Hyatt Daily Rate", and the reservation is cancellable if needed.

I did a second BRG on a different hotel using dhr.com and that one went smoothly. Within 15 minutes, the BRG was approved and booked.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just booked GHNY using BRG.
Hyatts rate was $394
And, after using BRG and otel.com, got it for $225.
Great saving for four nights
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:34 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Just tried another BRG claim and Hyatt refused it, based on the fact that the booking on hyatt.com was only possible with the guaranteed availability - cannot find a base for this in the T&Cs.

Was this correct?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:03 am

Talking My first time with BRG

After 1.5hrs fighting with Hyatt, I finally got what I wanted

I want to go to NYC for a broadway show this weekend for my birthday, Andaz Wall Street AAA rate is $225. Public rate is $250.

After spending almost an hour on the phone:

hoteltravel.com ($135++) DENIED. Reason: account needed
Innstant.com ($177 a/i) DENIED. Reason: T&C said credit card is not charged instantly
Expedia.com, getaroom.com, dhr.com all have regular rate so no go.
Supervisor wouldn't do anything. She called the hotel to see if they would honor the rate from innstant.com. DENIED

I almost gave up until aa.com came to rescue Their rate is $132++. Another call to Hyatt and I scored my first ever BRG. With 20% off my rate is $105++. Cannot beat that

Keep fighting till you get what you want ^

Last edited by harry0233; Feb 2, 2012 at 12:50 am Reason: Typo
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by harry0233
After 1.5hrs fighting with Hyatt, I finally got what I wanted

I want to go to NYC for a broadway show this weekend for my birthday, Andaz Wall Street AAA rate is $225. Public rate is $250.

After spending almost an hour on the phone:

hoteltravel.com ($135++) DENIED. Reason: account needed
Innstant.com ($177 a/i) DENIED. Reason: T&C said credit card is not charged instantly
Expedia.com, getaroom.com, dhr.com all have regular rate so no go.
Supervisor wouldn't do anything. She called the hotel to see if they would honor the rate from innstant.com. DENIED

I almost gave up until aa.com came to rescue Their rate is $132++. Another call to Hyatt and I scored my first ever BRG. With 20% off my rate is $105++. Cannot beat that

Keep fighting till you get want you want ^
aa.com is in American Airlines?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.