Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by stiwi
Mine BRG with galahotels has just been rejected. The lady on the phone told me it is against BRG rules to match membership required rates, despite the registration is free. I told her that the rules have changed and that Hyatt does accept BRG now but she didn't listen...
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Did you Hang Up And Call Again?

You haven't really tried until you've been rejected thrice.
+1

I had a BRG yesterday which the CSR stated she couldn't honor since she found a lower rate. However, hyatt.com did not have the same rate online. Asked her to clarify with her manager since BRG are claimed against what is posted on hyatt.com and not what she can she in her reservation system which I do not have access to. She clarified and indeed approve my BRG but we were disconnected (bad internet connection) before she could complete the BRG.

When I called back and got a different CSR I went through the same exact process. BRG claimed denied since she found a lower rate, requested her to clarify with her manager since the rate was not on hyatt.com, she approved the BRG after confirmation from her manager.

So bottom line try and escalate if think the CSR does not have the correct information.
Old May 16, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Regency Minneapolis $199 vs $138 on Amoma with terms better than advance purchase but not as flexible as Daily rate. Approved in 5 minutes with the more flexible cancellation policy. ^^
Old May 17, 2014, 5:29 pm

I am getting denied on the basis that "room packages" do not match. Hyatt includes "buffet breakfast," while competing site has an "english breakfast" included. You have got to be kidding me!!
Old May 18, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by price123
Spoke too soon. Apparently a Grand King and a standard room are not the same thing...now waiting for supervisor

1 reservation made:

GH Berlin
Hyatt.com rate €309 (advance purchase)
BRG €191 (14 day cancellation policy)
Galahotels

GH Berlin (2 other dates)
Hyatt.com €189
BRG €109

HR London (Christmas)
Hyatt.com £230
BRG £184
A Grand King is a Standard Room unless the hotel also offers a Queen/Double at a lower rate.
Old May 18, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by suite2suite
A Grand King is a Standard Room unless the hotel also offers a Queen/Double at a lower rate.
Yep, was confirmed by supervisor but not initial agent. I rarely have problems with the Hyatt BRG, but it is annoying that you may need to talk to multiple agents and spend an hour on the phone to do so
Old May 19, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I just confirmed a BRG on getaroom, contrary to what the wiki says. About a $15 price difference on a category 6 hotel.
Old May 19, 2014, 5:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by amolkold
I just confirmed a BRG on getaroom, contrary to what the wiki says. About a $15 price difference on a category 6 hotel.
The Wiki post was back in January, prior to the statement that membership websites that are free to join are eligible.

I had success with getaroom.com this weekend, too, for an Andaz. Hyatt.com was showing the best available as AP; Getaroom had a cheaper rate with a 48 hour fully refundable rate. I got the fully refundable rate. It seems it's hit and miss whether you get the cancellation penalty of the cheapest hyatt.com rate or the policy of the competing site.
Old May 19, 2014, 9:57 am

Success at Grand Hyatt New York. hyatt.com $359/nt for Grand King refundable, booking.com $349/nt. Final price $279.20/nt + taxes.

I had booked the room on hyatt.com first, and unfortunately it was the last Grand King available for those dates (though booking.com still showed it), so I had to cancel it before it showed back up in Hyatt's system to compare the current rates. So I lose my 3% TopCashBack from that, but still pretty happy with the process.

Thinking about it now, I probably shoulda had her just change my reservation to the Grand Queen. I plan to do the diamond challenge with these nights counting for it, and coulda used a suite upgrade.

Last edited by penner42; May 19, 2014 at 10:02 am
Old May 19, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by penner42
Success at Grand Hyatt New York. hyatt.com $359/nt for Grand King refundable, booking.com $349/nt. Final price $279.20/nt + taxes.

I had booked the room on hyatt.com first, and unfortunately it was the last Grand King available for those dates (though booking.com still showed it), so I had to cancel it before it showed back up in Hyatt's system to compare the current rates. So I lose my 3% TopCashBack from that, but still pretty happy with the process.

Thinking about it now, I probably shoulda had her just change my reservation to the Grand Queen. I plan to do the diamond challenge with these nights counting for it, and coulda used a suite upgrade.
You can apply a Diamond Suite Upgrade to a BRG reservation.
Old May 19, 2014, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by pickles1107
You can apply a Diamond Suite Upgrade to a BRG reservation.
Right... which is why I should have let her change my existing reservation to a queen bed, would still have gotten my 3% at TopCashBack. Oh well.
Old May 19, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by danger
The Wiki post was back in January, prior to the statement that membership websites that are free to join are eligible.

I had success with getaroom.com this weekend, too, for an Andaz. Hyatt.com was showing the best available as AP; Getaroom had a cheaper rate with a 48 hour fully refundable rate. I got the fully refundable rate. It seems it's hit and miss whether you get the cancellation penalty of the cheapest hyatt.com rate or the policy of the competing site.
I think we BRG'd the same hotel . I was able to get the 48-hour policy.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:14 am

Can anyone advise if this is normal for a hotel?

Kayak has maintained a rate for a standard room at $157 for the past three weeks. However, I have watched as hyatt.com drop the lowest rate to $157 for a standard room and then raise the lowest rate to $205 for a club room. IN the past three weeks this has happended about 4 times.

When I try and BRG the 205 rate BRG rep tells me that there are no standard rooms avilable on hyatt so they can't BRG the 157 rate. Then the next day hyatt's lowest rate will drop to 157 for a standard room!
Old May 23, 2014, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Can anyone advise if this is normal for a hotel?

Kayak has maintained a rate for a standard room at $157 for the past three weeks. However, I have watched as hyatt.com drop the lowest rate to $157 for a standard room and then raise the lowest rate to $205 for a club room. IN the past three weeks this has happended about 4 times.

When I try and BRG the 205 rate BRG rep tells me that there are no standard rooms avilable on hyatt so they can't BRG the 157 rate. Then the next day hyatt's lowest rate will drop to 157 for a standard room!
It's quite possible people are booking the lowest rate at hyatt.com, and later canceling. If it's only happened 4 times in 3 weeks, and Hyatt only has one standard room left (not counting standard rooms they've reserved for third party booking sites), then it doesn't seem that unlikely.

They seem to have priced their standard room the same as Kayak, even if availability on it is different. There's no reason they should match Kayak's standard room price for club room.
Old May 24, 2014, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by penner42
They seem to have priced their standard room the same as Kayak, even if availability on it is different. There's no reason they should match Kayak's standard room price for club room.
They wouldn't when I tried to BRG it. Even spoke to a supervisor and she simple stated she can't approve the BRG since she doesn't have any standard rooms to book even if she could approve the BRG. She didn't have an answer as to why several websites showed avilabilty for a standard room.

Just think it is strange they couldn't approve the BRG and the next day haytt.com had standard rooms at the same price as kayak and then they would disappear and then reappear again! Seems to not align with the intent of a BRG at least not my experince with SPG
Old May 24, 2014, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
They wouldn't when I tried to BRG it. Even spoke to a supervisor and she simple stated she can't approve the BRG since she doesn't have any standard rooms to book even if she could approve the BRG. She didn't have an answer as to why several websites showed avilabilty for a standard room.

Just think it is strange they couldn't approve the BRG and the next day haytt.com had standard rooms at the same price as kayak and then they would disappear and then reappear again! Seems to not align with the intent of a BRG at least not my experince with SPG
I'm not sure why availability fluctuates like that. My point was that when they do have standard rooms available they are the same price as Kayak, so no BRG is possible. Even if you had called them when Hyatt had a standard room to book, the price would have been the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.